What are your REALISTIC goals for 2014?

Options

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I transitioned into maintenance this year, so my goals are not weight loss related-

1. keep up with strength training (started this a little over a month ago), and see where that takes me
    2. do my second 5k and this time run the whole thing (I did my first in October and walked half, ran half)
    3. keep maintaining and stay within my 3lb maintenance window
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Goals I have a plan to do ...
    Lose another 22 lb
    Run a standard length triathlon - 1500m swim, 25 miles bike, 10K run back to back :-)
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd like to remove the last few pounds of fat from my belly and keep them off forever. But perhaps more so I'd like to knock off some items from my goals list including at least these:

- Go ziplining with my daughter - COMING 12/28/2013!

- Run a marathon without any walking - COMING 1/19/2014!

- Learn to dance with my wife - COMING SOON!

- Go hot air ballooning with my wife

- Build some real upper body strength (measure?)

- Build some real flexibility (measure?)

- Go snowshoeing in some cool mountains

- Go downhill skiing

- Go cross country skiing

- Run the Pike's Peak Ascent - PERHAPS 8/16/2014?

In the fall, I'll see what else strikes my fancy.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the present more, be here now, be grateful, pay it forward, generally lighten the **** up. :)

Weight-wise it would be nice to torch the last bit of jiggle but my happiness doesn't depend on it.

I have no idea what I weigh and not minded to find out.

I shall just rock into 2014 as I have been attacking 2013 ...
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Cut down to 16-17% body fat.
    Place in a local race.
    Run a 7 minute mile.
    Do a split.
    Do a handstand.
    Do at least 2 unassisted pull-ups.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    drop another point or two of my body fat...since I can't seem losing any weight (on the scale)....:sad:

I've been thinking about getting my bf% tested, there are a couple of places here that have the pods you sit in. how do you measure yours?

i just use my fingers to test skin fold. LOL and also have somebody with eagle eyes. :laugh:

lol yeah so far I just use pictures I look up on line and balance it between the online calculators and that but I think it would be really nice to get a definite number

as far as I read and understand, having x-ray/CT scan is the most accurate method but may not be accessible to most of us...hydrostatic has turned out less accurate than it claims. skin fold test is somewhat inaccurate because it depends so much on the person's skills and experience and consistency...I really don't know for sure.
    Bod Pod is quite accurate. In my area it is $40, so it's not hideously expensive.
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I want to fit into a size 14 by the beginning of summer. I used to be all about the lbs, now I just want to wear a size 14 and feel good.

oh my gosh i have all of these size 14 pants my mom gave me a couple years back, it would be a dream to be able to fit them!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Realistically I want to lose another 10kg by my birthday 9th April.
    In my head I want to drop another 40kg (88lbs) - total 50 kg (110lbs) by the end of 2014, however those numbers are so big I wont bank on them just yet.
    I have lost 10 kgs in 3 months so, the next 10 should follow hopefully.

My knee is a problem and I hesitate to put any fitness regime in place yet until I've lost some more weight.
    But I do want to start weights or cycling and I'm looking for the enthusiasm right now!
    If I look hard enough I'm sure I'll find it - hiding under the bed or something!
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd like to remove the last few pounds of fat from my belly and keep them off forever. But perhaps more so I'd like to knock off some items from my goals list including at least these:

- Go downhill skiing

I should have included "Dance with my daughter at her wedding in March" Duh!
  • GothicaAdore
    GothicaAdore Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My realistic, obtainable goals:
    - Earn a promotion at work.
    - Cut back on my passive aggressive behavior and clearly state what I want.
    - Take at least one lunch break a week (instead of working while I eat at my desk)
    - Save money to move out of my Mom's house and into my own.

My unrealistic goals:
    - Learn a language
    - Unlearn self doubt and find inner peace
    - Follow a mystic on a journey of self discovery

LOL to me it's more realistic to learn a language than getting promoted. *sigh* :indifferent:

My promotion is guaranteed as soon as my boss leaves, I am the only one there who can do what she does and it would take at least four months to train someone new to fill the position.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    -Lose 72.8 LBS and reach 100 LBS lost; first goal :)
    -Start running again
    -Complete my first workout program (P90X3)
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options

- Go downhill skiing

I should have included "Dance with my daughter at her wedding in March" Duh!

those are awesome goals! Zip lining is so much fun! I took my mom for her 45th bday a couple years ago and she loved it! we were also both completely terrified but she said it was the best birthday present ever. and congrats on your daughters wedding! how exciting!!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i would like to run 2250 miles in the year and do a race of somesort each month.

that's like running from san diego to flordida, almost. :flowerforyou:

That is almost 6.2 miles per day. Is that really doable. I am not sure the body is designed for that kind of beating. Specifically the knees. I am by no means a runner so maybe this is doable, but I run 3 times per week and only do 2 - 3 mile runs and 1 - 6, and much more than that and my knees are killing me!

i am not trying to judge here but I heard some serious marathon runners train and target for 200 miles a month, for me that's a LOT...

Yea 6.2 a day puts you right in that 190 range... I think that is really a lot even for marathon runners.

I run a split routine. i run for 3 days then take a day off. i run at 3:15 in the morning... im in my own little world out there and i love it. i run anywhere between 7 to 10 miles on any given morning. i am 32 miles off of my goal of 200 for the month of December. I am a certified personal trainer. i take care of my body and i know when to rest. if it gets to be too much... i know when to back off.

I guess only one thing to say; I am impressed. You get hero status!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    -reach my size 6 goal by Dec 31, 2014 (current size 16)
    - run an 8 minute mile
    - can do 10 pull ups
    - can do 20 plyo pushyps
    - can do 5 good handstand pushups
    - bench press 205 pounds
    - can do pistol squats
    - deadlift 275
  • Chizakura
    Chizakura Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    To drop 15 pounds by the end of June.

To stay motivated, and build up my endurance. Right now I run just over 3km on my 4.19 hike (mind you it has a TON of intense uphills, otherwise I know that's a short hike) and by this time next year, I want to be strong enough to run the whole thing. :)
  • _SimplyJustMe_
    _SimplyJustMe_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i would like to run 2250 miles in the year and do a race of somesort each month.

that's like running from san diego to flordida, almost. :flowerforyou:

That is almost 6.2 miles per day. Is that really doable. I am not sure the body is designed for that kind of beating. Specifically the knees. I am by no means a runner so maybe this is doable, but I run 3 times per week and only do 2 - 3 mile runs and 1 - 6, and much more than that and my knees are killing me!

i am not trying to judge here but I heard some serious marathon runners train and target for 200 miles a month, for me that's a LOT...

Yea 6.2 a day puts you right in that 190 range... I think that is really a lot even for marathon runners.

I run a split routine. i run for 3 days then take a day off. i run at 3:15 in the morning... im in my own little world out there and i love it. i run anywhere between 7 to 10 miles on any given morning. i am 32 miles off of my goal of 200 for the month of December. I am a certified personal trainer. i take care of my body and i know when to rest. if it gets to be too much... i know when to back off.

I guess only one thing to say; I am impressed. You get hero status!!
  • _SimplyJustMe_
    _SimplyJustMe_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Crazie4lulu knows what she's doing! I run as well anywhere from 7 to even 18 miles some days. It can be hard on the knees but good shoes and sense with respect for your body. Balance is a great thing here and eating what your body needs. Running is therapeutic for some in many ways.

My goals are to balance my food and exercise more. Any goal can be obtainable as long as it's not crazy and we are determined. Doing and be better than we were yesterday is the best goal though.
  • ab_1203
    ab_1203 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Lose about 9 pounds and see how I look and then lose some more if I think I should, goal is around 6 months for that and then from there gain some muscle for the rest of the year, Im not gonna go to high for the calorie surplus.

I havent got any cardio goals really, I dont do much cardio besides football a couple of days a week for 1-2 hours.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My goal to get back to 120 by Aug. ( I am at 136)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic:
    - hit 140# by Dec 31, 2014
    - get paid by my partner company
    - get hired at a job that I can tolerate
    - dental and optometrist visits
    - new Fitbit

Realistic:
    - hit 165# by Dec 31, 2014
    - renew my resident status