What are your REALISTIC goals for 2014?

Options

Replies

• lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Europe for two weeks in October 2014, and my goal is to be down another 85 pounds by then. We're going to Disneyland Paris and there's an adventure hike I'm dying to do, and the weight limit is 240. So my goal is to be at 230 by the trip.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    To weight 104 lbs (almost there)

to have 15% or less body fat

to run 10+ miles routinely

to compete in a fitness physique competition

to squat 150% of my body weight

to bench 100% of my body weight

to have visible abs
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    In 2014 I plan to reach my goal weight (only about 30 more lbs) and work on learning to maintain. I want to start maintaining by April.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    More veggies, more protein, become an all around better cook.
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    To lose 30-40 lbs
    To complete a 5K
    To learn how to cook more veggies
    To try some new types of exercise
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My Birthday is Jan 26th, and I am hoping to be down from my current 198 to 180 by then and I don't think that is unrealistic. so depending when your birthday falls in Feb (you have said he day, but I really didn't notice it) I think you could be down the extra 10 lbs that you are shooting for. good luck!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed reading everybody's goals. What diversity!

My realistic goals:

- Run my first half marathon this summer. I started C25K in May and have worked up to an 8 mile run, so I should be able to realistically run 13.1 by June.

- Continue to get stronger. Been working out with a trainer 3x a week since February and am signed up to continue to do so until August.

- Reach my goal weight. Not sure yet what that's going to turn out to be, but figure I'll know when I get there. I'm thinking approx. 30 more pounds. I've lost 70 pounds, 6 pants sizes & 3 shirt sizes in 2013. Weight loss has slowed as I've gotten lighter, but I would like to reach goal by August (my 18 month anniversary with my trainer).
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed reading everybody's goals. What diversity!

My realistic goals:

- Run my first half marathon this summer. I started C25K in May and have worked up to an 8 mile run, so I should be able to realistically run 13.1 by June.

- Continue to get stronger. Been working out with a trainer 3x a week since February and am signed up to continue to do so until August.

- Reach my goal weight. Not sure yet what that's going to turn out to be, but figure I'll know when I get there. I'm thinking approx. 30 more pounds. I've lost 70 pounds, 6 pants sizes & 3 shirt sizes in 2013. Weight loss has slowed as I've gotten lighter, but I would like to reach goal by August (my 18 month anniversary with my trainer).

cute kitty~
    :love:
  • danapenguin
    Options
    run my first 5K !
  • nazish17
    nazish17 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    loose 14 more pounds and mentain. also to lesrn to avoid binging.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    To get off PCOS/Thyroid meds - fluid meds & use my diet to control these things & feel healthy enough to return to work. Also - to lose weight with my new way of eating (until now it has been about finding a balance of eating that helps my conditions and makes me feel human again!) I dont have a number for the year - just a number i would like to get to one day - this year is about being healthy... not weight loss :)
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My goal is abs by August.
    It's seemingly unrealistic for me in my current state with my hectic schedule... but screw it.
    Abs by August 1st or I pull out the curling iron and melt the fat off.
  • LuvonLuv
    Options
    I want to reach 140lbs by end Oct. 2014 (currently ranging 153-155lbs), and I want to be completely toned by that time...I had lost about 60lbs in 2012, and I'm not as toned as I would have liked to be this year. So guess I would need to work harder on the core areas that need toning in 2014.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2014 is to keep doing what I'm doing! It is working fabulously! I'm thrilled with my results in the past year & I'm very excited about 2014.

I don't believe in having numbers (scale, BF%, size, etc) for goals. I want to look & feel good. Those things are not numbers.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2014 feel VERY realistic!
    Goals=
    -lose between 5 and 15lbs
    -begin to tone
    -be able to at least 3 chin ups. (starting small there.)
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    By 2015 I would like to:

run 5k in 30 minutes or less. I walk that distance now in 50 minutes.

lose 60 pounds. I started counting calories with MFP on 1/17/2013 at 345. Today I am 237.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    1. Eat clean/less sugar
    2. Exercise regularly
    3. Lift regularly
    4. Find enjoyment in living, not in eating.
  • Aarias7
    Aarias7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    my goal...get back to 125!
  • Lucaroo
    Options
    In 2014, I hope to lose this stubborn last 35 lbs that I regained, be able to run 2 miles at 6mph+, do 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, and 100 push ups in 2 minutes. I also hope to join the army (they can't take me until im under 164 lbs, which is a "healthy" BMI of my height of 5'8")
    I'll get there some day!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be down to a 14 by next Christmas- currently at a (somewhat snug) 18.