You know you've been doing this a long time when . . .

Options

Replies

• judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    A romantic date is when your boyfriend cooks for you and leaves all the UPCs or food labels out for you to scan/log,

Ha Ha, that is awesome. My hubby doesn't cook. I wish he did!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    . . . your first handful of shredded cheese weighs exactly 28 grams, every time.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You know where about your dinner is in your recent foods list.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    you know from memory what a serving size of every food you eat is down to the gram.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Bump to come back to. And I dont share food with my dog anymore because i have already counted those cals and i WANT every bit of it lol. But dont feel bad for my pup because my hubby shares :)
  • hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So many of these I'm like "yeah, me too!"
    Although I weigh my breakfast cereal and various other things I can almost measure with my eyes.
    I won't eat anything new that doesn't have a barcode or is easy enough to count.
    If anyone cooks for me they will leave the packets out for me to scan!
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When you think in terms of macros such as.... hmm what protien will i have
    With lunch today? or damn! I could sure use some carbs right now!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    When someone blurts out, "You going to be fat as me." But you know your not because you have made room for the sinful dessert ahead of time by prelogging and you know how many calories was in it before it hit your mouth. And you know that your diary will say, "IF everyday was like today you would be 10 pounds heavier." However you and your diary know that you don't eat like a pig everyday, only on the holidays...
    ... and no you may not have a bite. I have already logged it, it fits my macros and I earned it!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Bump to come back to. And I dont share food with my dog anymore because i have already counted those cals and i WANT every bit of it lol. But dont feel bad for my pup because my hubby shares :)

My poor dog has lost weight as well.. I look at her and say " i logged it I eat it! "
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    1. When someone asks: Have you logged that?
    2. When you eat based on macros.
    3. Logging something to see if you should eat it
    4. Not letting anyone eat one of your 30 chips. Lol!

I totally get #4. My husband must think I am so selfish because when he reaches for anything on my plate I give him a very serious look and tell him to step away :)
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    you basically have learned the metric system due to logging food :laugh:

before logging i did not know an ounce was 28g but now i can flip back and forth in my head for how much i need
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I've been logging so long that other people ask me to help them with their MFP profiles. I showed my husband how to add a recipe, and help people download the app and set up a profile on a nearly daily basis.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Crappy foods no longer tempt.
    If I'm going to indulge on calories is going to be homemade/made from scratch with high quality ingredients and love! Damitt! LoL!
    YES me too...totally agree!!!! home made...yummmy
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    you basically have learned the metric system due to logging food :laugh:

before logging i did not know an ounce was 28g but now i can flip back and forth in my head for how much i need
    That's a good one....
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    when you know your under your goal-before you are done the day:smile: when you don't desire bad foods
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You take a pee and know how much weight you just lost.
  • leclairkina
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    All of you make me feel so normal, or at least give me comfort in knowing I'm not the only one who isn't normal.<3 I seriously thought I was the only one who did some of these things!

Anywho, to contribute to this thread:
    When you're eating out and have absolutely NO desire for junk food (cakes, etc.) because you know the calories in it just isn't worth all the other stuff you could eat there if you simply say no to just that one small serving.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You hate sharing food 'cause it messes up your macros.

And spilling drinks.

so true!!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When someone blurts out, "You going to be fat as me." But you know your not because you have made room for the sinful dessert ahead of time by prelogging and you know how many calories was in it before it hit your mouth. And you know that your diary will say, "IF everyday was like today you would be 10 pounds heavier." However you and your diary know that you don't eat like a pig everyday, only on the holidays...

^^^ YES!!!