MFP Runner's Club 7/26

Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Morning troops!

Got just a little shy of 12 miles in today. My body says it was closer to 35. :embarassed:

Hope ya'll are having good runs/weekend! :heart:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Morning troops!

Got just a little shy of 12 miles in today. My body says it was closer to 35. :embarassed:

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Wow thats awesome Shannon!

I decided to have a rest day today after 6 straight days of exercise. My weigh in day is tomorrow and I want to see if what I have been seeing on the scale all week (119 lbs :smile: ) is really what I weigh or just a lost of a bunch of water weight. So we shall see tomorrow because I don't plan on sweating at all today..haha! Hope everyone enjoys their saturday!
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Rest day for me too.
    -Shannon that is awesome! You are ready for you half... isn't it coming up soon?
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    -S
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Great job Shannon! Would you ever have believed you'd go that far? I know I wouldn't have.

I'm holding my grandbaby as I'm typing this, so it's taking a long time to type. I'm off today, resting up for my half marathon tomorrow morning. I'm really excited. I was a little worried yesterday because I had a weird pain in my back, but today it's miraculously gone, so hopefully it'll stay that way.

Happy Saturday runners!:flowerforyou:
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    I feel your pain, Shannon. Did my long run today, too - 12.5 miles. Now I'm ready for a nap...I'm stinking exhausted! :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Great job Shannon! Would you ever have believed you'd go that far? I know I wouldn't have.

I'm holding my grandbaby as I'm typing this, so it's taking a long time to type. I'm off today, resting up for my half marathon tomorrow morning. I'm really excited. I was a little worried yesterday because I had a weird pain in my back, but today it's miraculously gone, so hopefully it'll stay that way.

Happy Saturday runners!:flowerforyou:

Good luck on your run tomorrow, Terry!!!! :drinker: Let us know how you did!! :heart:

Hessie, me too. Everything hurts right now. Gonna have to get out a straw for my wine later. :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    good luck and amazing job all your 1/2 marathon runners!!!!

I can't wait to be back there w/ you all....my marathon days are pre-son days...and hmmm like almost 8 yrs ago...:ohwell: .....so these are my almost at 5 miles days LOL....still I have goals LOL....

anyway...didn't get out today its been awhile...I've been doing tae bo and cardio jam...its been sooo oppressive w/ humidity and thunderstorms....today is amazing but I have so much to do in the yard I just threw on my tape...maybe I'll sneak out for a quick run before dinner....um doubt it...since dinner is like in a 1/2 hour...lol oh well!

happy Sat....hugs and again great job all!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    I ran my 5k today. I think my time is respectable considering I've only been running for 2 months and I went up 1000 feet in altitude. My time was 36:18 (a little slower than I normally run). My lungs hurt some, but I think it was the humidity more than the altitude. I live where it is nice and dry. :happy:
  • Shannon023
    I ran my 5k today. I think my time is respectable considering I've only been running for 2 months and I went up 1000 feet in altitude. My time was 36:18 (a little slower than I normally run). My lungs hurt some, but I think it was the humidity more than the altitude. I live where it is nice and dry. :happy:

Very respectable time with a climb like that!! Good job!! :drinker:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Um, just to clarify..in case it is needed..the run wasn't up a 1000 foot mountain, it was at a higher altitude than I trained at. I reread my post and thought it might not be clear.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Morning troops!

Wow! I am in awe. If you had said kilometers, I could have handled it, but miles....!

WTG
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Hey guys:

Did the toughest spin class of my life. I was a dripping puddle at the end.

Ii will attempt to run tomorrow, I have given my foot a 2 week rest. I plan on wearing my winter runners, they are a bit stiffer. Wish me luck!
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Morning troops!

That's amazing! You are definitely an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • christina31
    Hey guys:

Did the toughest spin class of my life. I was a dripping puddle at the end.

Ii will attempt to run tomorrow, I have given my foot a 2 week rest. I plan on wearing my winter runners, they are a bit stiffer. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Hope you have a great run!!!
  • christina31
    No run for me again today...:explode: I'm about to give up and just stick to an assortment of dvd's. I hate that I can't run, but without a treadmill or a babysitter, I don't have another option. (I workout at night, so running alone isn't an option) I'm beginning to think that my body is going to reject running and that I will have to start from scratch. Time will tell. Congrats to those running, and enjoy the day to those resting.

:heart: Christina
  • Morning troops!

Wow, amazing! Truely!
    I would like to know what music is on your ipod to keep you motivated for that long. Great Job Really!
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Well -- better late than never on posting I suppose ...
    4.5 miles on Saturday!! On to 4 miles Sunday!!

Happy trails!