What's your current career? What would you rather be doing?

Options

Replies

• julesyb1982
    Options
    IT Project Manager
    Forensics with a focus on blood spatter....hey I loved Dexter LOL!!!

Ha! Forensics also interest me.
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I work in a Pharmacy. I am going to school to be a Nurse Anesthetist =]
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Current - Senior Technical Writer
    Preferred - Game Designer

Actually, I do both. But I wish I could afford to do the latter full-time. :)
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Currently am an Auditor (Accounting). Have a Culinary Degree. Would love to be a Food Critic/Writer.
  • lifterman9802
    Options
    Teacher
    GYM Rat
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Current: Massage therapist
    Dream: Red Power Ranger on the kid's show. Lol.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    SAHM. There's nothing I'd rather be doing, it's the best job in the world, but when my kid and future kids are old enough to be in school I will be done with school /internship to be a registered dietitian. That is my dream career.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    current career: officially (i.e. what I'm qualified for): biology teacher...... what I'm actually currently doing: jack of all trades teacher/tutor type person including but not limited to biology, all sciences, maths and literacy plus exam paper marking and some freelance writing on the side

what I'd rather be: palaeoanthropologist, including doing the scientific research and teaching undergrads (so university professor basically) plus freelance writing on the side

in my dreams career: doing research in palaeoanthropology by getting in a time machine and doing field studies on all the different species of hominin
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Senior staff accountant and office manager at husband's CPA firm. I love my job and cannot imagine anything else. I'm happy as a lark.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Sys admin (no I won't fix your computer!)
    I'd like someone to pay me to go to school and learn everything for the rest of my life. That'd be awesome.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Currently I work in IT, storage and virtualization. I design and implement. Working in IT since 1980.

I'd much rather be fishing.
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Cat scan, MRI, nuclear medicine technologist

I would love to get paid for my underwater photography though. its a hobby
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Current: Solicitor (Lawyer for our American friends)

Would rather be doing: Lottery winner who spends all his time on his hobbies, not working. Lol

Failing that, being a wildlife enthusiast I would love to be overseas studying big cats, wolves, bears etc anything predatory really
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Currently a sales assistant and part time beauty therapist but my chosen career would be a pop star :happy: But realisticly my first choice would be to be in the police and 2nd choice would to be cabin crew on planes. Just applied to be a club 18-30s rep though for next summer so would be over the moon if i got that.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Christina Aguilera is on our site? :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Supply Chain Management.

I'd rather be a Chef. Retiring in a couple years, relocating to Las Vegas and enrolling ar Le Cordon Bleu.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm a Software Systems Engineer. I love my job and I just wish to become more skilled/proficient at my job. Well... I would also love to be a Software Systems Architect... just to have a more `pompous` job title. :laugh:
    I also love the area I work in right now... but I just changed my job... so I don't know... in a few years maybe I'll change the area in which I work, but not the career.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I run a wholesale aquatic import business which I built from scratch with my partner & Is all run via email which I can do whilst sitting at home in my pjs, walking the dogs & going to the gym at any time of the day I like. It was pretty awesome but eventually a year in, I got bored as we live pretty rural & far away from my family and where I grew up is I felt I needed to also get a job more for the social than anything else.

I now work in the field of sensory & consumer science (food testing) I get paid to shop for food, photograph food & write about food! I also do a fair bit of admin & preparation to organise large scale food tests using naive consumers for all the big supermarkets & manufacturers and the paperwork isn't much fun but overall it's all pretty interesting. I do have rubbish days as we all do & sometimes a lot more travel & overtime than I'd like but can't complain too much as my colleagues for the most part are a lovely bunch.

Eventually I intend to be a stay at home mum which will be quite easy as whereas at the moment I work full time for someone else & manage my business too, I'll just revert to working from home and giving up my full time job. That is the plan :smile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Current career = secondary school languages teacher (England).

I have an MA in Translation and would love to work as a translator.
  • logansmummy724
    Options
    current: biller at a med insurance billing company (unfort no coding)
    id rather be doing my medical assisting and eventually become a neonatologist