I dont want to eat twigs and berries

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Ok I just don't want argue anymore . Thank you for all the great advice and next time I will choose a title that is less likely to receive negative attention. I honestly was trying to start anything . For a site that is suppose to be motivating and supporting , I just felt very bullied .

Oh for the love of.....

OP, good luck in your journey.

Yes, good luck on ur gurney!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Ok I just don't want argue anymore . Thank you for all the great advice and next time I will choose a title that is less likely to receive negative attention. I honestly was trying to start anything . For a site that is suppose to be motivating and supporting , I just felt very bullied .

Their They're

It wasn't always this way

There was a time when posters were kind
    When their tone was soft
    And their words encouraging
    There was a time when carbs were fine
    And MFP was a song
    And MFP friends were inviting
    Then it all…went…wrong

I dreamed a dream in bandwidth gone by
    When motivation was high
    And logging on worth doing
    I dreamed the MFP site would never die
    I dreamed the Mods would be forgiving
    Then I was a noob and unafraid
    And strikes were made and used and wasted
    There was no reason to be made

No post untrolled
    No joke unwasted
    But the bullies come at night
    With their mean words soft as thunder
    As they tear your hope apart
    And turn your gurney to shame

I created my account on New Years night
    MFP filled my days with endless distraction
    It took my productivity in real life
    But it was gone when I deactivate
    And still I dream I’ll recreate
    That we’ll live our days online
    But there are dreams that cannot be
    And there are threads we cannot weather
    I had a dream my MFP experience would be
    So different from this hell I’m reading
    So different now from what it seemed
    Now your thread has killed
    The dream I dreamed

now-life-has-killed-the-dream-i-dreamed.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Homerun Ry. :laugh:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Ry you are amazing:laugh:
  • Ximana
    Ximana Posts: 26
    Options
    try to eat so you can be active after your meal

so smaller portions and do ex: jumping jacks , leg lifts

after.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I eat good meals . I just eat to much and everytime I go on a diet or try to change my life style I HATE IT!!!! I feel hungry all the time and I can't eat something if it doesn't taste good. I love to cook and me and my bf love food . Everytime I try to change I get so depressed about food. I want to still be able to eat the foods I love ( I don't eat fast food) . Help !!!

I used to be just like this. First off, you need to flip your switch. Start to mentally change your view on food. That's the pep talk you give yourself. No food is bad but you've got to start teaching yourself to eat to live not live to eat. So start telling yourself (outloud perferrably) that no food is bad, but the portion sizes have to go. It's okay to love food but not okay to love food so much that you're making a meal for 4 people and finishing the whole meal yourself (that was my problem, I'd cook for 2 or 3 with leftovers available and my little family would finish the whole meal in one sitting instead of having leftovers).

I've found a sensitivity to wheat (probably the gluten) so I've had to cut back on that but otherwise, I eat everything I like to eat. I pay attention to my portions and I find the other things that I am willing to do in order to "splurge". If I know I'm going to have a high calorie meal, then I also know that I have to adjust what I'm going to eat the rest of the day and/or add more exercise to my day (depending on my constraints and my previous workouts this could be just cardio or it could be a cardio and weight regimen).

The other thing you could do, is immediately after preparing your meal (if it's for more than just you or the two of you) is to put the "leftovers" immediately into a container and into the fridge. It's tougher to eat more than your portion if you package it up and save it for another day.

All the meats you'd mentioned are essentially good for you in moderation (so don't sit down to a 20 oz venison steak for just yourself, 6 oz is enough and 8 oz if you're really splurging). Add veggies (non-starchy veggies for the most part as they are lower calorie and higher fiber) maybe create a nice fruit reduction sauce and voila you've got a great meal.

You can do this!!!!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    OP, I just wanted to offer some real advice -- a lot of us don't like twigs and berries. Some of us are really into tossed salads. Others, taco eaters.

It doesn't matter what you like to eat, as long as you log your food and stay within or close to your calorie/marco goals. Don't fall for the 1,200 calorie trap -- you can easily have 1,500-1,700 -- more if you work out. You will find that A LOT of the people who know things on this site are ALSO jokers. Learn to laugh when you inadvertently say something funny. Accept that is part of the the process. It totally is.
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    OP, I just wanted to offer some real advice -- a lot of us don't like twigs and berries. Some of us are really into tossed salads. Others, taco eaters.

Oh, dear....

Well, I just have one piece of advice that's stuck with me so far. Think of this not as a DIET change, but a LIFESTYLE change. What you eat and do each day has to be *sustainable* in the long run or you'll just gain the weight back. That's why fad diets and 2-hour days at the gym every day usually don't work for people, because they return to old habits as soon as they see change and slide back. I would go crazy if I had to completely eliminate things! I still eat mostly the same, but am working on slow changes and try to exercise more so that I can eat what I would like. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other :)
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Personally I go by IIFYM - If It Fits Your Macros. I watch my calories (and yes, I eat back calories expended by exercise because I don't want to run too much of a caloric deficit). I especially watch Fat, Protein (personally I think MFP automatically figures this too low so I have set mine to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass), and Carbohydrates. I have the aforementioned set to 30%, 40%, and 30% of my caloric intake respectively.

34277608.png
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Oh, dear....

Well, I just have one piece of advice that's stuck with me so far. Think of this not as a DIET change, but a LIFESTYLE change. What you eat and do each day has to be *sustainable* in the long run or you'll just gain the weight back. That's why fad diets and 2-hour days at the gym every day usually don't work for people, because they return to old habits as soon as they see change and slide back. I would go crazy if I had to completely eliminate things! I still eat mostly the same, but am working on slow changes and try to exercise more so that I can eat what I would like. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage each other :)

Oh dear nothing. It's just like Billy Madison peeing his pants to make his friend less embarrassed. It's 100% ok to say things that you didn't mean and have people chuckle. I want OP to understand that everyone here does these things like that and it is OK to laugh AND also take the actual advice given. Nothing here was "ruined".

As somebody who has maintained a significant weight loss for a long time (like a decade) --- crap happens. You have to smile, learn what you can and keep going or you are 1000% going to fail.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I also want to add I'm on a tight food budget . We eat a lot of food we have killed and butchered ourselves. Deer, moose , pig and chicken

Yum! That is all high quality, super healthy food that you can keep eating. The first few days of eating less can feel like starvation, but if you've planned to eat at a modest deficit, say 300-500 calories fewer than you burn, you will get used to it. Eating the kinds of protein that you eat will help.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I also want to add I'm on a tight food budget . We eat a lot of food we have killed and butchered ourselves. Deer, moose , pig and chicken

Just log it and find our what your body needs on a daily basis, don't just take the 1200 cals cop out number. Figure out your TDEE and eat below that to lose the weight.

I like wine and chocolate and they have not left my daily food plans. Check out diaries of people with success stories, lots of them eat anything they like. Just gotta log it.

Check this post out as well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I guess I freak out .... I make the decision to lose weight and instantly I'm hungry haha. Then I do this thing were I go around the cupboards and say I can't eat this and this. Then at meal time I get all in a panic trying to find something to eat and I always make something really small or a salad . I guess I just don't know how to do it without going extreme

then don't make the decision to loose weight. make the decision to alter your portion sizes. the weight loss should follow if you are honest with yourself about your portions. i always ate relatively healthy but my portions were out of control and i learned this by joining this site and weighing/measuring what i was eating. once i started to weigh/measure my food that's when i realized i was in fact eating two/three times MORE than i needed to.

if you decide to eat twigs dip them in hot tea first. it'll be easier to digest. :laugh:
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options

That is great! You have access to some of the best food there is (fellow vegetarians hush!).

Just log everything you eat, absolutely everything. Eat at a manageable deficit, and you will lose weight. You just need to be honest with yourself about how much you eat, which is why logging is so important. If you can convince yourself to add exercise something you can do either at the house, or in the neighborhood, you will love even faster.

You can do this.

You will do this.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

It doesn't matter what you like to eat, as long as you log your food and stay within or close to your calorie/marco goals. Don't fall for the 1,200 calorie trap -- you can easily have 1,500-1,700 -- more if you work out. You will find that A LOT of the people who know things on this site are ALSO jokers. Learn to laugh when you inadvertently say something funny. Accept that is part of the the process. It totally is.

I have been really low on my marco goals lately. Time to ramp it up...and pablo and guero and eugenio goals too!
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    W....wait...what? I never, in my entire life here in the UK, heard THAT euphemism before. I'm so disappointed I missed out on the early immaturity.

I did snork at taco eaters though.

Oh c'mon OP, don't be mad, just ignore the stuff you don't like and take up whatever posts you agree with. That's what most of the internet does after all.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

That is great! You have access to some of the best food there is (fellow vegetarians hush!).

Just log everything you eat, absolutely everything. Eat at a manageable deficit, and you will lose weight. You just need to be honest with yourself about how much you eat, which is why logging is so important. If you can convince yourself to add exercise something you can do either at the house, or in the neighborhood, you will love even faster.

You can do this.

You will do this.

Actually there are plenty of diets that are heavy on meats. If you are truly in such a panic everytime mealtime comes maybe you are one of the few ppl for whom I'd recommend a very outlined diet plan just to start out with. One that is heavy on meats. Like Atkins, Somersize or dare I say it...Paleo not because there is any magic in them but just because if all the deciding is already done for you it might cut out on some of your mealtime stress. I'm sad that you are going into every mealtime all stressed out and panicked and then ending up eating mediocre food with little nutrients and not enough protein. It's a start. Just know when you read into these diet plans I do not advise you drink the Kool-Aid.