MFP Etiquette

Options
1235»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    OP you're so passive agressive you've become agressive agressive. you know people on your friends list can see this, right?

^^This. lol
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    She's down to 2 friends now. So glad we could be a privy her MFP housekeeping. :huh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    INteresting

IKR?

Don't encourage her blatant IP theft.

:angry:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just want this on my news feed \m/
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Not sure where to post this as I see that all the categories doesn't seem to fit my topic. Nevertheless, this is is a rant about random people adding you on MFP.

Some people might keep their MFP friend list to only the people that they know in real life. I'm all for getting to know new people and I enjoy seeing them updating their workout posts as I think it's quite motivating. Of course, when you see these, you'd sometimes give them a like or a comment.

However, I think it's quite rude on the other hand that these people NEVER once liked or comment on your own progress. It's not that life will end if one doesn't get likes, but I think it's only polite to reciprocate when someone does something nice. It's just like real life, when someone is nice to you, you'd want to be nice back too.

Sorry, I'm just ranting one of my pet peeve for MFP. But I think I'm not the only person feeling this way.

Is there a disparity between the number of friends you have with some of these folks? I know that some of my friends who have <20 on their FL get a lot less news in their feed than do the friends who have >200. I don't see as much as I used to when I have limited time to check my news feed because I have a very active FL. So, some of my less active, or those that are active at different times posts are never seen by me. I am sometimes surprised when I cruise by to say something and see posts that I missed. It happens.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Not sure where to post this as I see that all the categories doesn't seem to fit my topic. Nevertheless, this is is a rant about random people adding you on MFP.

Some people might keep their MFP friend list to only the people that they know in real life. I'm all for getting to know new people and I enjoy seeing them updating their workout posts as I think it's quite motivating. Of course, when you see these, you'd sometimes give them a like or a comment.

However, I think it's quite rude on the other hand that these people NEVER once liked or comment on your own progress. It's not that life will end if one doesn't get likes, but I think it's only polite to reciprocate when someone does something nice. It's just like real life, when someone is nice to you, you'd want to be nice back too.

Sorry, I'm just ranting one of my pet peeve for MFP. But I think I'm not the only person feeling this way.

Now I understand why everyone hates me :sad:

No. That's for other reasons. :wink:
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, people who ask for chatty supportive friends then NEVER reciprocate it back are annoying. For this reason, I keep my friends list small. It takes a lot of effort and time to truly, genuinely support people and it's just rude that some don't think to give the same back. It doesn't stop my day, but you will get deleted. I do take my journey on here seriously and that's my prerogative. I think that all my MFP buddies appreciate that of me! Nothing worse on here than a leech sucking all your support and not thinking to provide some back.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't need MFP friends to support me by writing clichés. They support me by posting interesting information about things they have read or done. And I support them by linking to articles on nutrition or fitness or by making an observation about something that has worked. If a friend posts about a problem, if I have something constructive to add or can express empathy, I'll do that too.

In the end, I try to limit all my computer time, including time spent on all social media. It's time I can be spending cooking, exercising, working, reading, or talking to people in real life.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    We all approach "friending" on MFP differently. I don't have time to be commenting on everything everyone does. But if I have friended someone (and I admit that I rarely do it to avoid the pressure to be constantly connected), I will, when a subject arises that seems important to someone, take the time to write a sincere note of encouragement or try to help answer a question with which they are struggling.

In my real life, I have happy hour friends, exercise friends, talk on the phone and rarely see each other friends, work friends and music friends. If you ONLY want cheerleader friends, you should say that at the outset. Or you could, if the person seems compatible with your approach to eating and exercise, just see what they might have to offer.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am a MFP snob. I won't accept friends who do not have open diaries. I have learned so much from my friends and gotten ideas for food. I hope that my diary also helps my friends.
  • Polarsnow
    Options
    I think it's appropriate to add only those you plan to help out as this is what the MFP app is for.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think it's appropriate to add only those you plan to help out as this is what the MFP app is for.

LOLseriously?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I thought it was for counting calories. I've been doing it wrong.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having people on my friends list who don't comment on my statuses. The thing that bugs me is when men add me and start harassing me for sex talk in private messages as soon as I accept. Those, I block. If people want to add me but not interact with me, that's fine.

so how long are we supposed to wait before the sex talk? what's the proper etiquette on this?

You go to the threads that in the general chat forum that are about sex talk and harass those women, and leave the rest of us alone. Okay? Thanks!

why-so-serious-dark-knight.gif
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Did you ever think that some one gets busy and forgets to comment back? Like for me for instance I try to comment on others but I got 2 kids so im always busy and then forget to sit down and comment or like back on their page
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Honestly I can't imagine caring about this. It's nice when someone likes my statuses, sure, but I don't go through and make the effort to like or comment on every. single. status. on my feed, so why should I expect people to do it for me? This is like getting upset when somebody on Facebook doesn't wish you a happy birthday.

Seems like the OP doesnt have enough of other too many worries going on in her life that she has to worry about the small things. As I tell my 10 year old theres things to worry about and other things to just let it go. OP really if this bothers you so much whats so hard to just let it go?