Average Sized Body Acceptance

Options

Replies

• silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no current bikini shots for me -- It's cold this time of year!! But here is a current (last night!) picture.

5'7" 150lbs Blue Jeans Sz 9 (US)

20131231_204629_1_zps8da1d942.jpg

Happy New Years!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Bump for all the average size newbies!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    bumpers
  • ilgirl733
    ilgirl733 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    you average size ladies look fantastic! my question is do you still track food and excersize?
  • AsparagusFinch
    AsparagusFinch Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    All those posting pictures look absolutely gorgeous!
  • celesteoglesby
    Options
    Stunning. So inspired.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you all look amazing!!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just your "average" mom of 7 and pretty proud of it!

0922090549_20_zps4dc6fb5d.jpg
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    this thread is engorged with awesomeness
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite down to average size as I'm still a UK 14-16 or US 10-12 but I'm pretty average in shape.

5ft 8 and 178lbs

cd34e699c5b344a64471a0067937ed0e_zpsc5511c93.jpg
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Bump! I still have around 20 or so pounds until my gw.

Please excuse my paleness! :blushing:

2n8562t.jpg

*edited to make pic bigger*

I think you are beautiful. I don't even think it looks like you have 20 pounds to lose. And your skin looks great too (nothing wrong with light skin).

Aww, thank you!!! :flowerforyou: I think 20 might be too much, but I want to lose at least 10 more. I also want to get really serious with lifting and start a program so I can get stronger and to make me look even better. :)
    It's hard for me to except my pale skin though. People have made fun of me because of it, and while I know I shouldn't care what they think, it's hard to be confident about your skin when that happens.
  • cakebatter07
    Options

2n8562t.jpg

way to go...keep up the great work :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • cakebatter07
    Options
    I'm not quite down to average size as I'm still a UK 14-16 or US 10-12 but I'm pretty average in shape.

5ft 8 and 178lbs

cd34e699c5b344a64471a0067937ed0e_zpsc5511c93.jpg

Looking good! :smile: Congrats on the weightloss!
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!:love::love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    get in my feed :bigsmile: !!

All you ladies look gorgeous!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oh hey. Someone bumped this. Cool, now I don't have too.

Happy new year friends! May this year bring you much self love and body acceptance; even if you're 'in between' the extremes there is so much to be proud of.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

2n8562t.jpg

I think you are beautiful. I don't even think it looks like you have 20 pounds to lose. And your skin looks great too (nothing wrong with light skin).

Aww, thank you!!! :flowerforyou: I think 20 might be too much, but I want to lose at least 10 more. I also want to get really serious with lifting and start a program so I can get stronger and to make me look even better. :)
    It's hard for me to except my pale skin though. People have made fun of me because of it, and while I know I shouldn't care what they think, it's hard to be confident about your skin when that happens.

When I was in middle school and high school people made fun of me for having very light skin (so I also thought it was a bad thing) and because I wore sunblock, hats, and used sun umbrellas at the beach (even when I was 12 I wanted to protect the health of my skin). But, that was just because they liked to go tanning at the tanning salon and outside. But, I also have always gotten lots of compliments on my skin. And especially now that I am 35, I get tons of compliments on how young I look and how nice my skin is and that I don't have wrinkles. All skin colors are beautiful. And healthy skin is beautiful. That's me in my ticker, see how light my skin is!!
  • SoftasRaine
    SoftasRaine Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! good for you guys! :)
    i'm still working on body acceptance. especially after having a child. your body never really goes back to normal. and weight gain and loss does have its tolls.

i hope i can get to the same level of acceptance as all of you :)
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    you average size ladies look fantastic! my question is do you still track food and exercise?

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, YES! I made the mistake of thinking I could stop once before...I got to within 4 lbs of my ultimate goal weight and walked away from MFP thinking I had it all figured out. I was soooo wrong. Without even realizing it I ended up putting almost all of my weight back on and 9 months later came crawling back to MFP :-( This time around I'm doing things right and realizing that even when I reach my goal weight it doesn't stop there, I still have to be diligent in tracking everything so that I can maintain a healthy weight for life. I'm not near my goal weight yet...but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying my average sized body and my accomplishments every step of the way! :-)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    you average size ladies look fantastic! my question is do you still track food and excersize?

Missed this but yes. Logging everyday, I try to keep active in the day to day, and I lift four times a week, for 20-30 minutes. And sometimes I jog. But rarely. /lazy