Any binge eating suffers up for an 8 week challenge?

Options

Replies

• ahendz
    ahendz Posts: 16
    Options
    fantastic idea! if you're still adding people, please add me :) this would be a perfect challenge for me to start off the new year!
  • worknprogr3s
    worknprogr3s Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Always up for a challenge! Please add me.
  • zamara1114
    zamara1114 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Ultimately I'd love to lose some of the 20 pounds binging caused me to put on (in my experience 20 can become 50+ all too quickly!), but right now I'd be thrilled just to have a healthier relationship with food!
  • teresa1224
    Options
    Binge eating is my nemesis! I can put away 4000 calories no problem and destroy weeks of hard work in just a few days. I would really love some support from anyone else dealing with the same thing!
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Mother_Warrior
    Mother_Warrior Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is just the thing for me! Please add me as a friend and too the group! :)
  • jenimc13
    jenimc13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Had a rough start to the year, but ready to be a part of a great accountability group. How do I join the group? I searched for 'binge' but couldn't find it.
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Please add me!!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in for this... I never used to be a binge eater, and suddenly I cannot stop myself from eating anything that is in front of me, at any hour of the day or night :sad:
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes please, would love to be part of the group...add meeeee!! Been a binge eater (didn't they used to call it a compulsive eater back in the day??) since a teenager, and despite temporary success with WW and then multiple failed attempts at dieting, have repeatedly fallen off the wagon and into a vast pit of endless secret coffee cake. I'm now 41 and 220 lbs (I make that a gain of 4 lbs per year, every year for the last 21 years), so I'm pretty good at it.....
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Are we creating a group, or just posting to this thread? How's everyone doing, 2 days into 2014? I'm going strong, so far!
  • lancemom
    lancemom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea, especially since I was just trying to pep talk my self into ending the madness and getting in control. Today I am starting over and would love to join your group.
  • jenimc13
    jenimc13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I should post here or if there's a standalone group elsewhere, but I'd like to know whether there are any opinions on large versus small meals and the effects on binge patterns. I struggle with consistency and tbh I'd rather sit down and eat 3 (or less) meals a day than to plan out food for every 2-3 hours. But I find that when I do have a large breakfast, I tend to want to eat more later in the day than if I had a smaller meal. Is it just me or am I stretching my stomach to start the day and then suffering the consequences by being over-full for the rest of the day? I also prefer to workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, which means I'm very hungry by the time I get to that first meal. Any thoughts, tips, or advice is appreciated!
  • earmuff111
    earmuff111 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest weakness and I have resolved to kick this problem in 2014. Feel free to add me :)
  • runningcat76
    Options
    There is a good support group here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/743-binge-eating-support-group

I have found it helpful - always after new buddies though if anyone wants to add me
  • NeIIaBeIIa
    NeIIaBeIIa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd love some almost-ex-binge eating friends on here ;) Please add me too!

I find since being on MFP seriously since last Sept I've really managed to get it under control so much more, logging makes me aware of what I'm doing, but emotional times (like xmas with the family = stress) always sets me off again and I can't stop :( Wasn't logging over xmas (no internet) so that didn't help. Middle of 2013 saw me almost going the professional BE help track, I didn't know where to start, but I managed to claw my way out since then on my own (with MFP friends!) and I don't want to go back...

I think MFP logging + MFP friends is the key!

cheers
  • Pintado
    Pintado Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I realised over Christmas that I need to get the emotional stuff under control.
  • Ktastic3
    Options
    I would love to be involved in this forum. My diet is my worst enemy. My emotional eating has gotten very out of hand. The more tips and supprt, the better for all! :)
  • natmoo3
    Options
    I would like to join. I could use some motivation at the moment, this might be the thing for me.
  • al_berri
    al_berri Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me. I'd love to try this as well!