100+ lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• Veronique_337
    Veronique_337 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Myst036,

Thanks for that encouraging messaging. Congratulations on your weight loss! I am at the very beginning of my journey and was feeling discouraged a few hours ago. So, it is wonderful to hear that this will soon become second nature for me and not so much of a battle with my cravings.

Thanks again! :happy:
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 years old and I need to lose 112 pounds. I'm very frustrated and really angry with myself for letting it get this bad. I haven't been under 200 pounds since 2000. My weight has caused health issues and now my doctor is concerned that in addition to sleep apnea, joint pain, and irregular heartbeats that I may end up with type 2 diabetes.

Said all of this to say ... you can count me in ...

Well, you just told my story, except it's been since 1998 since I was under 200, and in addn to sleep apnea, I have asthma, COPD, allergies, and just had to start taking insulin shots for my type 2 diabetes. I gained 3 lbs over Thkgvng & Christmas, not bad but the nonstop cookies and candy and cake and pie in my classroom of adult students is driving me over the sugar cliff. I haven't logged my weight since 11/22/13 until now, and the last time I logged a full day of eating was before turkey day. Well, that stops now, and I'm back on track. I WILL lose 10 lbs, then another, and another, until I am at last 130 lbs, fit, and able to climb trails and parachute and parasail and do all the fun things I ever wanted to do......
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey there to all you that have over 100 pounds to go. I have spent the last almost three years losing over 155 pounds, so I can tell you all that it is possible. Please remember that willpower is a choice, not something you are born with. For me it came down to choosing how I was going to live my life, my body breaking down left and right, or deciding that this was my last chance to lose the weight and reclaim my life.
    I chose the later. I am much happier now, and fitness and a healthy diet are just facts of life. With time, it will become second nature and no longer the sacrifice it seems in the beginning. Have faith in your ability to accomplish this great thing for yourself and those around you. Good luck!

Thank you Myst! It's good to know we can still change our lives.
  • cdidaho
    cdidaho Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep-I weigh 276-want to get down to 175. I'm 5ft 10in and would love to weigh that much again. :drinker:
  • Rinker2bFit
    Rinker2bFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Looking to lose 90 lbs.
  • ElleB321
    Options
    Add me I'm new and I need to lose 100 pounds tips and advice are appreciated!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    For anyone who wants to join who has 100lbs+ to lose
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/702-knockout-those-pounds

Forgot the www DX
  • LoveMePerfectly
    Options
    Yes, I'm in the same boat with a long journey ahead of me. I would love to find some new friends along the way!
  • thewallflower1428
    thewallflower1428 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose about 100.. Give or take a little depending on how I feel around that point.
    Anyone feel free to add me, I'll be here daily(:
  • efduncan
    Options
    I started last January Lost almost 70 this year on my way to losing 130!
  • keepcalm2014
    Options
    I have 180 to lose. I need all the help I can get! LOL:ohwell:
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started in July and I have lost 50 so far and still have 110 more to go
  • jeskaholley1988
    Options
    I have 100 pounds exactly to lose! I need Friends too!
  • StacehLouxo
    Options
    i need to lose 74
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I am open to friend requests =-) I have about 160lbs to lose ...
  • jaded33jade
    jaded33jade Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just found this site today and I have around 120lbs to loose before I reach my goal. Feel free to add me.
  • findinglessjess
    Options
    bump
  • misab
    misab Posts: 3
    Options
    I have lost around 45 pounds but am looking to lose another 55 (maybe more after I hit the 100 lb milestone). Feel free to add me!
  • MaryKWolfe
    MaryKWolfe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am about to turn 19 and weigh 300 pounds :( I have to lose approximately 150 pounds and hope to be down 10lb by my birthday ( Feb 7th) and down to 260 by the time I go home in April and down to 230 when I start school again in September. Add me!
  • Nshombi
    Nshombi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am back, just started again Monday. I need to lose 100+ lbs. Add me!