The only better than cheese balls....

Party_Cheese_Ball.jpg

...is deep-fried fried cheese balls.

74ee171f36044659a4883d7cf74f0df7730b3476_607x400.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    IN. For blood scrubbing.

Yeah, it is really neat to look at under a microscope. You see, in the human body, whole wheat enters the blood stream and like a knight errant travels the veins far and wide eradicating evil cholesterol goblins who stroll the valleys and plains causing havoc for the poor hemoglobin peasants. The indigestible fibrous bran of the grain is the mighty Excalibur wielded by the brave wheat endosperm, fueled by the high-nutrient capacity of the benevolent germ.

True story.

The sarcasm, GIFs and lunkish love of white bread are amusing but so much less convincing than actual sources. :indifferent:
    I could say the same thing about whole grain. I've seen lots of "anti-white bread" dogma in this thread, but not a single shred of scientific evidence against it. Interestingly enough, that matches my own personal research on the subject.

Right. The anti-white bread woman is the same one who believe margarine is made from plastic. :grumble:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    220px-Soup_Spoon.jpg

happy new year :):flowerforyou:

That was my answer too!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    IN. For blood scrubbing.

Yeah, it is really neat to look at under a microscope. You see, in the human body, whole wheat enters the blood stream and like a knight errant travels the veins far and wide eradicating evil cholesterol goblins who stroll the valleys and plains causing havoc for the poor hemoglobin peasants. The indigestible fibrous bran of the grain is the mighty Excalibur wielded by the brave wheat endosperm, fueled by the high-nutrient capacity of the benevolent germ.

True story.

The sarcasm, GIFs and lunkish love of white bread are amusing but so much less convincing than actual sources. :indifferent:
    I could say the same thing about whole grain. I've seen lots of "anti-white bread" dogma in this thread, but not a single shred of scientific evidence against it. Interestingly enough, that matches my own personal research on the subject.

Right. The anti-white bread woman is the same one who believe margarine is made from plastic. :grumble:

First of all, I believe I said on the other thread that I was mistaken about the margarine. I can admit when I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong on this particular subject. Second, I don't appreciate you following me from thread to thread simply to denigrate anything I say about any subject. Please stop.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,965 Member
    Options
    IN. For blood scrubbing.

True story.

First of all, I believe I said on the other thread that I was mistaken about the margarine. I can admit when I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong on this particular subject. Second, I don't appreciate you following me from thread to thread simply to denigrate anything I say about any subject. Please stop.
    Unfortunately your not looking at the big nutritional picture where context and dosage is accounted for. Many if not all foods that are promoted as bad are from people that think in terms of nutritional dissection, extremes, common myths, correlation etc which borders on propaganda and a belief system, and that will never hold up to scrutiny, ever. Other than trans fats there is no inherently bad food. There are bad diets however that don't take context and dosage into account. Nothing wrong with white bread, is whole wheat better? Only if you like it better and it helps to maintain long term compliance of a diet.........lots of diets with all the bad foods removed only to backfire and regain even more weight.....how would these iconic good foods rate then.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    IN. For blood scrubbing.

True story.

Are steel cut oats going to help you squat more or make your pecs more pronounced or make you lose fat? No. But diets higher in whole grains are shown to affect cholesterol and satiety and blood sugar. If you don't care about those, that's fine but it doesn't make it 'anti-white bread dogma' that is outdated propaganda.

I eat white bread and don't make much effort to choose whole grains but the poo-pooing of conventional nutritional wisdom is a bit out of hand.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    IN. For blood scrubbing.

True story.

Stop posting in threads that I find interesting. *shrugs*

(Like I'm following you around. :laugh: That's rich!)
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    cauliflower breadsticks (google recipe) are super yummy!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    cauliflower breadsticks (google recipe) are super yummy!

oh good lord, please no...
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I save the calories for bread. Soup isn't as good with out bread.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    IN. For blood scrubbing.

True story.

Are steel cut oats going to help you squat more or make your pecs more pronounced or make you lose fat? No. But diets higher in whole grains are shown to affect cholesterol and satiety and blood sugar. If you don't care about those, that's fine but it doesn't make it 'anti-white bread dogma' that is outdated propaganda.

I eat white bread and don't make much effort to choose whole grains but the poo-pooing of conventional nutritional wisdom is a bit out of hand.
    Nobody is saying whole grains are bad. My argument is that white bread isn't bad, either. Is whole grain bread better than white bread? Can't answer that without knowing the rest of the person's diet. If a person gets all their required whole grains from other sources, then whole grain bread isn't better than white bread.

White bread isn't bad. That's my argument.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of knackerbröd -- swedish crispbread. Things like Ryvita is pretty standard in availability, you can also get some varieties at IKEA if you're near one. I think you can also make your own. It's grainy and crunchy and is a good bread substitute if you're looking to cut back on starches and calories. Great source of fiber and hearty to eat.

Also, rice cakes. I've substituted bread with both of these if I am needing a day to cut back a little more.

Though once in a while I still love the old standard chunk of whole grain bread with a pat of butter!