I need friends who will stay on MFP

Options
I tried doing this last year, but all of my RL friends petered out by end of February. I've been on this weight plateau since childbirth (and that baby is 9 years old now). I've discovered the weight gain could easily get worse if I don't actively do something about it. I desperately need friends who are consistent loggers on MFP to keep me accountable and I promise to do the same for you. If you have a fitbit account, too, that would be doubly fantastic! My goal is to lose an initial 30 lbs. by my birthday in June. Which I think is not an insane aspiration.

Replies

• Jshrade
    Options
    I've been off and on MFP, but I've to myself and my wife that I am in it for the long haul this time. She lost 50 lbs before our 2nd child, just by dieting and light exercising, so I've given up control and told her to teach me her ways and help me along this path. I'm shooting for 60 lbs of weightloss. I'll send you a friend request now. :)

Good luck!
  • kathrynbennett5
    kathrynbennett5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We are in the same boat. My goal is also to lose 30lbs. I am doing this alone which makes it so much harder. I've done similar programs like this before, but I always flake out when I don't see immediate results. This time I have come to terms with the fact that it won't happen over night, and it's all about making lifestyle changes. My motivation came on New Years Eve when my doctor called me and told me that my blood work came back and my cholesterol level was through the roof! I am way too young to have problems with my cholesterol. Maybe we can motivate each other!!!
  • briandahawaiian
    briandahawaiian Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm on everyday!! 109days strong so far gonna be on for the whole of this year!!! sent a FR!!

and 30lbs by june is an excellent Goal!!
  • jamesadams3766952
    Options
    I think you will always have problems with people dropping off (especially due to the New Year's push), it's just a part of the issue with any weight loss program. I saw the same thing happen on WW online. Your best bet is to make a bunch of friends on here and leverage the positive feedback from many people.

I have joined MFP with my wife (not related to a New Year's Goal) so we are hoping to stay committed through the year. We also invested in a Withings Pulse monitor and Scale so we are financially incentivized to keep participating (I would hate to spend the money and not use the trackers).

I've only just recently started on the community side of MFP and the response so far has been tremendously positive and supportive.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the duration. Send me a request.
  • teetime304
    teetime304 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to MFP, but committed to make this work. A year of trying to loose weight without any real structure has left me gaining weight instead of loosing. I love to cook and wine in the evening...all which adds calories and I can't seem to find a happy medium that allows for weight loss. My exercise has been limited with a health issue and I need to be held accountable (hubby lets me off the hook all the time). I'm a good cheerleader and happy to help motivate others. I'm looking to loose about 20ish pounds. Also using Fitbit. Feel free to friend me.

Here's to a healthy, successful 2014!
  • ginnycarroll77
    ginnycarroll77 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    need friends too
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I have no intentions of leaving...and I'll be glad to motivate...add away
  • MsSoFly
    MsSoFly Posts: 16
    Options
    Feel free! I also need friend who intend to stay. It does make things a bit easier
  • DevoteeofIset
    DevoteeofIset Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just sent a friend request. I am also looking for friends who are driven to stay on MFP rather consistently. I am determined to follow a primal / ancestral / whole foods approach and am looking for people who are supportive and want some support. I am here to support my friends no matter what diet or exercise program / lifestyle they are interested in using to get healthy!!!

Best, Erica :D
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I have been here a wee while and am a supportive friend.
  • boymom75
    Options
    I log on daily and am super motivated!! feel free to add me if you like. :smile:

Good luck to you!
  • BritBrit515
    BritBrit515 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been on for a few months now, looking for friends because I just started getting involved in the community side of mfp. Feel free to add me :)
  • g82green
    Options
    Been here several weeks and log every single day! Feel free to add me! Good luck on this journey... we're all here to help each other!
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If anyone needs motivation -- add me! I log onto MFP religiously so I won't be dropping off anytime soon! I've already lost 48 pounds since last May! I'm hoping to lose 25 more pounds by summer so I can go skydiving with my husband without paying an additional cost for the extra poundage! But I won't be stopping there! Let's motivate each other! I'm always looking for new friends! :)
  • tessmca
    tessmca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am happy to be added. I lost 20kg last year and find this app great. Looking at doing my first figure contest this may but struggling with tennis elbow at the moment. Haven't logged over Christmas, weighing myself tomorrow and will back into it now to loose 2 kg and then maintain and grow muscle :-)
  • tricias42
    tricias42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New to MFP but have year long goals. Would love to make new friends and stay motivated. I am committed beyond the new years resolution phase. Feel free to add me!
  • EplusThree
    EplusThree Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've found that my best "friend" for weight loss is food journaling!
    Last year, I dl'd this app, looking for something very specific. I didn't find it, got frustrated with it being so "busy", and deleted it.
    I tried it again and (jaw drop) couldn't believe what I was missing out on!

I LOVE MFP, I use it for all sorts of things. I've even typed in all of my recipes (even though I haven't eaten any yet) and have used the nutritional readout for when I "publish" them on allrecipes.

This site (and app!) is incredible! I'm a SAHM of 2yo twin boys, so this really helps me from blindly eating throughout the day. The app is near-perfect, so I don't get all messed up when I have to leave the house (dun-dun-DUNNNNNN)

I'm looking to lose about #30. I can't always get to the gym, I've only just tried Insanity (today), but I'm always here on MFP!
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I've been on since July, 2013 with no intentions of ever leaving! The support and tools here are wonderful. If you would like, add me. My weight loss to date is 50+ and that was in 5 months. I also have a fitbit account, but I'm still learning the in and outs of that.
  • cmhodge08
    Options
    I'm in it this year. I am doing Chris Powell's Turbo Carb Cycling and at the YMCA 6 days a week now. Began Dec 27th. Have a long way to go, but thanks to God and good advice, I'll make it! Please feel free to add me anyone.