Toast for breakfast

Options

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you people eat breakfast? I am assuming all of you are trying to lose weight.

Your body doesn't need the calories, and when you wake up you are actually burning fat.

Immediately eat carbs in the morning and you shut that process down.

What is your rationale?

Why do you eat dinner? You really "don't need the calories" at night, right, lol? Those carbs you eat at night are going to really do you in. You aren't shutting any process down. You cannot be serious :grumble:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you people eat breakfast? I am assuming all of you are trying to lose weight.

Your body doesn't need the calories, and when you wake up you are actually burning fat.

What is your rationale?

I have 2-3 cups of coffee and between 4 and 6 cups (8oz) of water before I even dream of breakfast. I'm up and moving and getting stuff done for a solid 2-3 hours before I eat. What's with assuming we all shovel food in the moment our feet hit the floor?

Ha ha. That's exactly what I do. Wake up. Make the bed. Pee. Walk into the kitchen. Make breakfast. Sit at table with breakfast and book for 30 minutes, basking in the silent glory of a wonderful morning. Wash dishes. Play on facebook for 30 minutes, still basking in the silent glory of a wonderful morning. Exercise. Shower. Go to work.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

Why do you eat dinner? You really "don't need the calories" at night, right, lol? Those carbs you eat at night are going to really do you in. You aren't shutting any process down. You cannot be serious :grumble:

He likely read in a BB magazine before that you're in a fasted state when you wake up and burn 30% more fat.

I read that once too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

Because I am hungry. I still lose weight.. so what's your rationale? :smokin:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

I eat breakfast because it's delicious, and I'm succeeding in losing weight, not just trying.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP: My husband cooks breakfast on Sundays, so today we had bacon, scrambled eggs, and pancakes. It was delicious.

Normally I just have a microwavable breakfast sandwich that I can eat on the move because I'm trying to get the kids to school and my sitting down to eat food inevitably results in disaster.
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I ate a chicken burger for breakfast 410 calories if calories was all that mattered.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

Don't feed the troll. They're actually burning fat by not eating...
  • HoverKitteh
    Options
    I usually like to have a green smoothie or eggs and Dave's Killer Bread toast, but my honey bought some Grapenuts Cranberry Vanilla cereal, so for a little something different, I had it with Silk Vanilla Coconut Milk and a single egg scrambled in 1/2 tsp of coconut oil for a delicious 354 calories and 12 lovely grams of protein, I could barely finish it all
  • SerenaKitty
    Options

What is your rationale?

I feel drained of energy if I don't eat breakfast. Also, I like food, and usually eat it up to three times a day. I used to skip breakfast before work and school, and got dizzy and tired by 9. It just doesn't work for me.

There no physiologic reason for this to happen. Your glucose is doing just fine.

Breaking habits can be anxiety provoking, and eating first thing in the morning is just a habit- a learned response to the signals your stomach is sending your brain that it is empty.

Instead of looking for something to eat when you get hungry, train yourself to think "Great! My stomach is empty which means I am burning off some of my fat now!!"

Why don't you TRY to make it work for you and take your first meal around 11 or so?

Of course, see a doctor if you have real concerns about your dizziness. And drinking water goes a long way in helping you get through the morning.

I have had an eating disorder for years. Telling myself "hunger is power" is not exactly a healthy approach for someone with any type of eating disorder, no matter how mild.

I don't eat breakfast right away, usually around 9 or 10. But when I'm working (I'm on my feet and walking half of my shift), I have to cram in breakfast right away in the morning. It does indeed give me energy to get through the day! ;)
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options

What is your rationale?

My rationale is that I want to eat and I can......so...I do...

To answer the OP, I had fried egg in toast with 5 slices of bacon and a lot of tea. About 600 calories and I'm still full past lunch time.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Because I'm starving when I wake up. Losing weight is a result of eating less than what you burn. Meal timing has no effect on weight loss.
    You're burning fat as long as you eat less than you TDEE.

What is your rationale?
    What blog did you get that nonsense from? I'm still losing weight and inches while eating breakfast because TDEE and science. :P
    (different poster)
    Breakfast isn't eaten as soon as you wake up haha

If I could have a yummy breakfast waiting for me on my nightstand. I would hold my pee until I was done eating. :drinker:
  • connorsdad07
    Options
    When I have to work I have greek yogurt and banana, but when I'm off from work and I'm home it varies but mostly scrambled eggs and fruit or oatmeal. I eat a lot of yogurt for snacks too. I was given the idea of getting the plain yogurt and using coffee syrup or water add-in (liquid I think mostly) to add for flavoring but I haven't tried this yet. The Dannon Light & Fit yogurt is about the best for carbs and calories I can find.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    This morning: 1 large egg + 8 tablespoons egg whites, scrambled with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil + 1/4 diced red bell pepper, along with 1 cup steamed unsweetened almond milk + 1 shot of espresso. This was only 197 calories, so I'll still be able to eat plenty later; I struggled to get enough protein yesterday, so it was great to get 20 grams in early!

Feel free to check out my diary for other breakfast ideas. Sometimes I'll have my eggs on/with a whole wheat English muffin or whole wheat bread. Lately, I've been having 1 egg sunny side up (made with cooking spray) on a slice of whole wheat toast with baby spinach, sauteed in cooking spray.

I also made pistachio granola recently, which is delicious with almond milk or yogurt: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pistachio-granola-10000000780372/

I also like this oatmeal recipe, which is great for satisfying a sweet tooth: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/cherry-vanilla-oatmeal-recipe/index.html

I eat a lot of quinoa and oatmeal, which I make in the microwave with almond milk and sometimes cinnamon, then serve with a small amount of almond/peanut butter stirred in, and fresh fruit, usually sliced strawberries and/or bananas.
  • Chriztii
    Options
    yesterday morning i had delicious fried eggs and bacon, bit naughty with the oil and bacon but it was very filling!

Nothing naughty about bacon or oil. :noway: :huh:

aren't oil and bacon fattening? I use coles brand oil and i always thought bacon was a bad meat to eat? am i wrong :S
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    yesterday morning i had delicious fried eggs and bacon, bit naughty with the oil and bacon but it was very filling!

aren't oil and bacon fattening? I use coles brand oil and i always thought bacon was a bad meat to eat? am i wrong :S

Oil is a fat and bacon contains fat. But are not, in and of themselves, fattening. Dietary fat is very important.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Bacon is healthy. I don't know what Coles brand oil is. I only use extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, clarified butter, lard and drippings for oil.
  • Domenic12
    Domenic12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had 1 cup of stonfield plain nonfat yogurt and 1/2 cup or eat 1 cup frozen (thawed of course) unsweetened strawberries. About 150 calories. Then have a low calories midmorning snack.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

My husband's grandfather ate fried eggs and bacon every day until he died of natural causes at the ripe ol' age of 96 a few years ago. His cholesterol was great. He also ate ice cream every night. Although, he didn't smoke and walked around for his job a lot. Just eat under your TDEE.