Your calorie sob story

Options

Replies

• erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    my first or second day on MFP I had 900 calories worth of muffins....I had NO idea.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch pasta salad. I know, it's processed and artificial as all heck, but there's something so delicious about it.

Until I started counting calories and realized it's 320 calories PER 3/4 CUP!!! I could easily pack away a couple cups of that stuff! Goodbye, pasta salad... we had a good run.

As for those Angel wings, that stuff is SO AWESOME. I'd gladly make room in my daily cals for that. Yum yum...

Ummmmmm...yeah......I've eaten almost the entire box on more than one occasion. Definitely one of the reasons I'm a member of MFP.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at my general calorie intake, i'd never counted calories before -ever. So when i signed up and logged my first day bam!

3200 cals

And the worst thing is i didn't even eat out! I just realised i eat too many carbs (bread, french brioche, pastries). I was suprised at the calories in french brioche bread : like a 120 cals a slice :O

Hubby and I tend to eat flour tortillas instead for bread. The one we usually buy is 100 calories each. I checked out others at the grocery store today up to 200+ calories each!!! and Im eatting this instead of bread, which I believe is 140 for two slices.

I buy "Healthy Life" bread. Just 35 cals/slice. But definitely white bread is the devil.
    Lol White bread isn't devil!:laugh: Usually the healthy whole grains bread I buy as the same calorie as the white bread I buy but I get more nutrition from the whole grain bread. There is the difference.

As for my calorie shocker foods:

Mc Donald's Cheese and bacon angus
    Hagen daz caramel cone explosion ice cream( used to eat a container a day at some point)
    Bunker King mozzarella sticks
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I guess I was shocked at my lack of nutritional information on pretty much everything. I'd eat two wonder winder strawberry and creme laces as a snack during lunch.....360 calories each! Whenever I ate out i always opted for the burger or fish and chips....usually over 1000 each!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Avacado
  • jessigoct17
    jessigoct17 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i cant really think of a food but from me i would always get a bagel with scallion cream cheese & a medium iced caramel latte with whipped cream= 940 calories

when i found out it was that much using mfp i almost died i had no idea
  • apercanis
    Options
    My local grocery store sells amazing deli made Cuban sandwiches. I entered it a few days ago and was astonished that one sub was over 1,000 calories. On top of that, it contained over 3,500+ of sodium. Literally broke my daily recommended sodium limit.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    This! When I first started counting a couple years ago I was shocked at how bad muffins were. I always ordered one instead of a donut thinking it was a better choice. I could have enjoyed the donut and had calories left to spare. Most muffins at Tim Hortons are well over 400 calories. Their coffee is bad too. An XL tripple cream and sugar is the typical coffee order or almost everyone I know. It has 480 calories, with 300 calories coming from the cream. I know people who drink two or more of these every day. Canada really loves their Timmies and I think it is adding more calories to our diet than most fast food places. After all, it's just a coffee. How bad can it be...
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Jasons Deli.... oh soooo good... The New York Steamer(pastrami and corned beef on rye), side of baked lays, pickle spear, and a cone of their free soft serve..... 1625 cals/125carbs/96fat/48protein..... i knew it wouldnt be good, but was a bit worse than i thought....

also where i work we bake fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies for our guests... chocolate chip are 170 cals each and peanut butter is 240 cals each.... before i started logging food and didnt care i would eat about 6 of each on my shifts.... Yikes!!!! 2460 cals of cookies!!!!!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Red Lobster's "Wood Fired Grill Southwest Chicken Sandwich"...........a whopping 1210 calories! Which I had at a lunch with my fam just before Christmas................didn't eat the whole thing in one sitting, but holy moly Batman! It sounded like a healthy option - HA HA!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings from Wetherspoons. They weren't even that nice and they turned out to be 1664 cals.
  • KatieM46
    KatieM46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I went to red robin and thought I'd get a wrap because it was my cheat day but I still like to be semi healthy. I had Half of the wrap and the fries and it logged to be about 1,100 calories! Just for half the wrap! Which I ended up finishing because I was still hungry. All together like 1500-1600 calories. I learned to just get a salad when I'm out as a safe bet haha. Although it was a great cheat meal!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I've always been pretty keen on nutrition so there wasn't really anything that surprised me...my issue before was that I just didn't give a crap how much I was eating. I loved (and still love) food and just ate. For me, learning moderation and portion control have been the keys to my success.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    There are nearly 800 calories in the Pasta Fresca from Noodles & Co. Before I started logging, I thought it was likely one of their less caloric options!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Pho...
    Especially since I usually get the low fat white meat chicken stuff...it's so loaded with calories it's scary.
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used to snack hard on peanuts.

I ate an entire package almost every day... I used to be very active and was maintaning my weight (49kgs back then), but I would have never guessed how many calories are in a package of peanuts.
  • erinmccallum91
    erinmccallum91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me way too many times to count
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    chicken wings for sure, doused in bbq and hot sauce.

and ice cream. who wants to eat a half cup? go big or go home! i'd finish a pint in 1-2 days. oops..
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A "skinny" muffin at Starbucks. Figured it would around the 250-280 mark...turned out to be closer to 440.

Skinny my a*se!!
  • justursh
    Options
    Oh my....Pistachio nuts...I ate half a bag before realising I had just eaten half my calories for the day.....I threw the other half away!

And a Grande Mint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks........900 calories later....