What's for dinner tonight?

Options
nicole595
nicole595 Posts: 39 Member
Title pretty much says it all!! What are you having? Looking for some new ideas :)

Replies

• ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs, Spaghetti squash, some fresh garlic and a lite spaghetti sauce. Very delicious spaghetti dinner with no evil pasta!
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    tacos with ground turkey?
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Oven Baked Fajitas

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
    2 Tbsp vegetable oil
    2 tsp chili powder
    1 1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    1/4 tsp seasoned salt
    1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
    1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.

In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt. Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.

Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.

Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are done.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    New Mexico Green Chile Stew and homemade tortillas.
  • mdrivera1
    Options
    A little more boring than the rest but I'm making some steamed broccoli, baked chicken breast with "steakhouse" seasoning, and a little whole wheat couscous.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    We are having homemade Pork Burritos. Adding my own seasonings and roasting a green chili. Of course plenty of avocado!
  • samiam6603
    Options
    Left overs! Made chicken enchiladas with quinoa the other night.... delicious!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Tomato basil soup and grilled cheese on jalapeno bread. Not great on protein, but I've upped that elswhere in my day to compensate.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    A little more boring than the rest but I'm making some steamed broccoli, baked chicken breast with "steakhouse" seasoning, and a little whole wheat couscous.
    You know, you can jazz up that boring steamed broccoli if you like garlic. Put your broccoli in a baking dish, add a touch of EVOO just to wet it, sprinkle garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and bake it right along with the chicken until the florets are a bit dark. It's amazing. Add or subtact what ever seasonings you like best.
  • sarajoerrn
    sarajoerrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Green bell peppers stuffed with turkey sausage crumbles, brown rice, tomato sauce. Cooked on low in the crockpot for about 4 hrs and topped with a little fat free shredded cheese. Very filling!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Considering the cold temps and snow...comfort food! Chili with shredded cheddar and oyster crackers! Add to that a salad and we're all set.
  • Richard_101
    Options
    Prawn and fish soup with noodles and shredded cabbage.
    It doesnt sound great but tastes good with a bit of soy. Its only 300 cals per portion too so its a win win
  • lynniemac906
    lynniemac906 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lean pork spare ribs with sauerkraut on them baked in the oven.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm gunna make a sort of pizza!

1-60 call whole grain pita
    1-grilled chicken breast chopped
    Chopped onions
    Chopped peppers
    Chopped mushrooms
    Reduced fat feta crumbles
    Cilantro
    Lime

Bake 12-15 mins top with chipotles fresh tomato pico and enjoy!
  • bohojourney
    bohojourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Homemade fusion - :smile: Spicy cous cous...baked sweet chilli/lime salmon steak...stir fry strips white cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, spring onion and bamboo shoots with lots of garlic and ginger.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash and blue cheese risotto. A little higher on calories than my usual Sunday dinner, and a little more labour intensive, but so worth it.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Tomato basil soup and grilled cheese on jalapeno bread. Not great on protein, but I've upped that elswhere in my day to compensate.

Yum!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Homemade French Onion soup and Caesar salad
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Homemade Hot and Sour Soup
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 -- mmmm, NM green chile stew. Hatch green and pork? We used to be able to get cans of Hatch chiles at the walmart here in GA, but no more. Sad, sad, sad day.....now we have to find another source or go back and visit NM again. (We grew up there.)

We're having white chili with cornbread. Also made beef stroganoff for another night during the week.

Not too long ago we had a lot of fish that was getting a bit old in the freezer,m so on a whim I made fish chowder. It has now become popular in our house.

We'll usually buy pork loin when it is on sale and slice it about 3/4" thick. It makes an easy dinner protein on a work night along with rice or a microwaved/crockpot baked potato/sweet potato. If all else fails, I'll have oatmeal or tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.