Raspberry Ketone

Options
2»

Replies

• MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I googled Raspberry Ketones and didn't find any relation to chlorogenic acid. The only connection to chlorogenic acid was to Green Coffee Extract in addition to Raspberry Ketones. Am I missing something? Do you have any actual backup to what you are saying?

Also, becoming a nutritionist is all well and good but I'll trust a registered dietician before I trust a nutritionist.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention the numerous nutrition books I've read and specific books on the chemicals and compounds. I'm also in school to be a nutritionist and personal trainer. Did I also mention I work in a business which specializes in these specific compounds which then reinforces the fact that I'm more knowledgable than you on the subject.

Wow. An 18 year old who knows everything,...never seen that before, ughh. Condescending, rude and vulgar,...and you've only been on this site for what, 10 minutes? Great start!

I feel sorry for your future clients.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Like I said, it's the chlorogenic acid in the raspberry ketones that burn the fat. So go google search how chlorogenic acid aids in fat loss and look up the studies ur selves. I already know this, not saying it for my benefit.

Isn't chlorogenic acid more from green coffee than raspberry ketones?
    I looked on google and couldn't find any studies to back up your claims unfortunately.
  • Dawson_4
    Options
    No no no.. :) I already have a couple clients who have made insanely good progress in the short time they've been with me so yes I'm confident in my abilities Thank you :);)
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Simple question: what the hell does raspberry ketones have to do with chlorogenic acid? There is nothing to indicate that they are in any way related.

You are awfully confident for someone who can't answer a simple question.
  • heatherlynnc123
    Options
    I heard that all it does is "shrink" the fat, and then once you stop taking it, it un-shrinks again so its a waste. Of course I've never tried it myself, but I wouldn't bother.

What?! Seriously..."shrinks" fat?

Is there a pill that teleports fat to Mars?

Oh my, teleportation to Mars? Sign me up! That way, when I stop taking it and the fat attempts to come back to me from Mars, it will burn up upon reentry to the Earth's atmosphere! PERFECT! I'm in.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    It works fabulously. I put raspberry ketones in my ear, threw my balance off and when heading for the fridge, ended up in the closet......I'm down 20 lbs. :happy:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    So taking this I can choose between Mars or the closet? Lol.:laugh:
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    like I said on my other post, it doesn't work on HUMANS but my pet rats are losing weight on it. it was tested on rodents. :)

also studying nutrition and work in the health food industry here, but I still know there is bulls**t out there that they try and sell to unfortunates people who have 'tried everything' except eating less and moving more.

and oh, Dawson left the site. shame (not)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Like I said, it's the chlorogenic acid in the raspberry ketones that burn the fat. So go google search how chlorogenic acid aids in fat loss and look up the studies ur selves. I already know this, not saying it for my benefit.
    Making a claim and having someone ask for info puts the burden upon the person making the claim to prove it with evidence. You stated that there are lots of studies that "prove it". If not, then we'll just take your statement as an opinion and not a seriously.
    So link where you learned this from. I and others would like to review it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    No no no.. :) I already have a couple clients who have made insanely good progress in the short time they've been with me so yes I'm confident in my abilities Thank you :);)
    Lol young bro, anecdotes aren't evidence. :laugh: You'll need to come up with something better than that. Sounds like you're starting out like I did at 19........................believing all the hype on broscience. Take some real classes on physiology and actual college accredited (notice I said accredited) courses and not the BS certifications you can just pay for online.

EDIT: Just read he left. Usually happens when people get outed or challenged on their actual knowledge. Too bad. He could have really learned something.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not sure if chlorogenic acid actually has anything to do with raspberry ketones (based on a PP it has more to do with coffee extract that also ends up in the pills, which seems more likely) but here's an interesting tidbit from a 2007 study:

"In a comparative, randomized, double-blind, 12-week study we investigated the effect on the body mass of 30 overweight people, compared with normal instant coffee. The average losses in mass in the chlorogenic acid enriched and normal instant coffee groups were 5.4 and 1.7 kg, respectively."
    http://imr.sagepub.com/content/35/6/900.full.pdf

A couple other studies (a second included in the above article plus rodent studies) point towards similar results. But that said, studies investigating pure chlorogenic acid don't say much about how well the diet pills themselves actually work, which is probably not well at all. You're much better off spending your money on good food and a gym membership.
    So there was something to what this Dawson guy was saying, even if he was a little arrogant and inaccurate about it... I feel kinda bad that he left. Oh well.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So there was something to what this Dawson guy was saying, even if he was a little arrogant and inaccurate about it... I feel kinda bad that he left. Oh well.

You would probably think differently about his leaving had you read his 2 other posts before they were deleted and another before it was edited by the mods. :)
  • classicbizz
    Options
    Ok, so back to the original point of the thread. OP asked if anyone had tried them etc. Well I have just bought a 30 day pack and I will report back on my findings.

P.S. Naughty Dawson
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought some, waiting for it to come in the mail. We'll see how it goes. Of course with any other pill or supplement, you still have to exercise and eat well.
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Interested to see the results of the 2 girls that have just ordered their raspberry ketones. Please keep me posted