OKAY...I REALLY need some suggestions!!!

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
SO...anyone who talks with me on a regular basis, knows that I've been having some problems lately going to the restroom.:blushing: I took a laxative last Thursday night and Friday I finally lost 3 pounds (can you believe I was holding that much!) But I haven't been able to go again since then...that would make this Day 3 without relief! My tummy is bloated and I'm up again back to where I was last week. This is SO frustrating and I am M I S E R A B L E ! :grumble: Not quite sure what to do. I'm planning on taking another laxative tonight, but I don't want this to be a habit! What do you guys suggest? I have been eating great...around 25 grams fiber daily, LOTS of water, normal exercise. I don't know what's going on. I had actually become really regular and was SO happy for that...but now...WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?!!!!!!:explode: I seriously just want to cry!:sad:

What do you guys think?? What things can I try?? ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    SO...anyone who talks with me on a regular basis, knows that I've been having some problems lately going to the restroom.:blushing: I took a laxative last Thursday night and Friday I finally lost 3 pounds (can you believe I was holding that much!) But I haven't been able to go again since then...that would make this Day 3 without relief! My tummy is bloated and I'm up again back to where I was last week. This is SO frustrating and I am M I S E R A B L E ! :grumble: Not quite sure what to do. I'm planning on taking another laxative tonight, but I don't want this to be a habit! What do you guys suggest? I have been eating great...around 25 grams fiber daily, LOTS of water, normal exercise. I don't know what's going on. I had actually become really regular and was SO happy for that...but now...WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?!!!!!!:explode: I seriously just want to cry!:sad:

What do you guys think?? What things can I try?? ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    well I can vouch for activia, and lots of water, is it close to your time of the month?
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Rather than a drug store pill, try taking some flax oil. Take a tbsp for a couple of days in a row then take a few days off. You don't want your body to rely on it. Check your foods too. If you're consuming foods regularly that contain artificial chemicals, colours etc. you could try eliminating those for a bit to see if it helps. Not a fun problem to have hun :frown: :flowerforyou:

Oh, and take a probiotic supplement!! Udo makes a great acidophilus sup.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Nope...not close to my TOM. And I do drink LOTS of water. Maybe I'll try the activia.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Well the only reason I would know this is because my son has Crohn's disease..but instead of going to the bathroom frequently..he tends to be constipated and only go once a week. You could talk to you Dr. about Miralax.. it's a powder you can put in your orange juice to keep you regular and let me tell you I swear by it now for my son..it has really helped a lot!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hey there.
    my body used to only "go" every 2-3 days.....but once I started eating 100% healthy lots of veggies lots of salad's it got a lil better......but one thing that helped is laxative tea.
    I get mine in the health/vitamin department at Walmart......and make sure you have a larger cup because it is strong......but I promise it is not gross......unless you hate herbal tea ......Good luck and such!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey there.
    my body used to only "go" every 2-3 days.....but once I started eating 100% healthy lots of veggies lots of salad's it got a lil better......but one thing that helped is laxative tea.
    I get mine in the health/vitamin department at Walmart......and make sure you have a larger cup because it is strong......but I promise it is not gross......unless you hate herbal tea ......Good luck and such!!

Hmmm...never even heard of it. I will have to look for some. Thanks!
  • harmsway01
    Options
    Increase your daily intake of fiber and it will help alot. Activia is a good supplement of that and might be easiest solution.

good luck
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues... I drink water like it's goin outta style and get in my 25 g of fiber. But I just can't go. So I drink dieter's tea every other day to make sure I go. It doesn't hurt. It doesn't taste bad but it cleans me out. I love it. Oh and I do wanna give a tip. The other day my ma bought a pineapple that we had to cut and I had 2 slices of it. I wasn't in need of the dieter's tea that nite. My son went too. So that might work. I had a piece of it for breakfast and yeh, I know I'ma have to go soon. Try it. FRESH pineapple that you have to cut into, not the one that is cut already!
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My niece had a similar issue, and her doctor recomended that she drink prune juice daily-it helped her. My ex had a similar issue as well, and his doctor recomended 1 Metamucil capsule daily and lots of water-it helped him.

I think everyone had some really great suggestions; however, I am a cautious person by nature...I think you should see your doctor.

Good Luck,
    Gina
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    My son struggles with this and we tried everything.. prunes really helped him.. I recently started taking Alli and let's just say that works!!
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know Prunes are considered by many to be an outdated food but they are actually very good. My friend introduced me to them about a year ago. Sunsweet makes a cherry essence pitted prune which is REALLY good. I make it a habit to eat a serving 1x a day and it helps alot.
  • troyjill44
    troyjill44 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi, My son suffered from chronic constipation, he would only go once a week and it was a very painful event. He was prescribed Miralax, which is a powdered substance that has no flavor. We would mix it in his water/juice. It worked very well. He has outgrown the problem, but I just noticed that Miralax does not require a prescription now, it's over the counter. Also, we noticed that Fiberall helped too.

Hope you find some relief! Best wishes!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    These are all GREAT suggestions! Thanks so much guys. I know this is an uncomfortable topic for a lot of people and I really appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming if anyone else has more to add!!:flowerforyou:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Just a thought!

What about foods that make you go? Like corn, peanuts, prunes ?? I think that everyone is different but there is always some type of food out there that makes you go. I'm sure if they are a little bit out of your calorie range you could probably work them off?? The last thing you need, tho, is to get dependent on laxatives!!!

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I both have issues here as well. We both drink a small amount of prune juice each morning and that helps us. Especially her...otherwise she spends all nighters on the toilet trying to go.
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    What about Coffee... that always seems to work for me.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Hi, My son suffered from chronic constipation, he would only go once a week and it was a very painful event. He was prescribed Miralax, which is a powdered substance that has no flavor. We would mix it in his water/juice. It worked very well. He has outgrown the problem, but I just noticed that Miralax does not require a prescription now, it's over the counter. Also, we noticed that Fiberall helped too.

Hope you find some relief! Best wishes!

Wow i didn't know you could get miralax without prescription! This is all new to us... my son was just diagnosed with crohn's so they gave us a prescription of the miralax but it is good to know you can get it in stores too!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I had the same problem...couldn't understand how this was happening since I was drinking so much water..
    I am now drinking 203 cups of green tea per day and 1-2 bottles of fuze slenderize or sobe lean (I need something other than water to help me GO)

Good luck
    Kim
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Warm water with lemon helps alot. It is natural. You don't have to drink but maybe 8 oz a day if that. But you may have to do it for a couple of days.