Your calorie sob story

Options

Replies

• fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory fish and chips - 2400 calories if I remember correctly. Jerks. >=(
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    jacket spud and chilli from morrisons topped thousand cals, and I thought I was having the healthy option!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I've given up peanut butter. I used to eat a few spoonfuls of it as a snack not realizing how many calories I was eating.
    It's a fine food though if you can enjoy it in moderation. I focus on getting a ton of protein for my calories, and often have trouble eating the necessary fat (if I had unlimited carbs, I'd just eat more fried stuff! :laugh: ). I had over 2 T spread on apple slices for a snack yesterday. High calorie, but healthy nonetheless if you fit it in to your calorie budget!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Am surprised anyone is surprised by any of the foods they log in. Don't you guys look at the back of he nutrition packet before you guys consume it? That's what I've always done...even before I discovered MyFitnessPal. =)
    Foods in restaurants don't come with a nutrition packet, and not every restaurant has their info available, so you may not discover how many calories are in something until you log the individual parts and total it up.

I do that, but realistically, how many people do you think are going to go to the trouble?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I was surprised to find there are 115 calories in 1 shot (1.5 fl.oz) of most distilled spirits.

Not so bad ... but calorie count really goes up in the mixed drinks / cocktails. Best to stick with the Gin and Tonics for a low calorie choice.
    Just remember that tonic is not low-calorie unless you use diet tonic water. Regular tonic water clocks in at about 10 calories per ounce.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Orange juice! At 200 calories for an 8-ounce bottle, it's the same as my favorite frozen yogurt - minus the protein and calcium.

And Honeycrisp apples... Oh sure, a "medium apple" is 80 calories, but the smallish ones weigh nearly three times as much as that mythical "medium apple." Get a regular one from the store in season, and you're pushing 300 calories, easy.
  • clockworkgeisha
    clockworkgeisha Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mine was fruit ciders like Rekorderlig - 315 cals a bottle! I would happily have 4 or 5 on a night out - vodka diet coke for me now :S
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Here's a shocker.
    A wedge salad: Well over 550 calories
    FOR ICEBERG LETTUCE!
    Plus some bacon crumbles, plus some boiled egg crumbles, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles and a sweet balsamic vinaigrette.
    It was more than the sirloin steak!

Blue cheese is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, my favorite cheese in the world.
    And brie... and goat cheese, and sharp cheddar... and.....
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch pasta salad. I know, it's processed and artificial as all heck, but there's something so delicious about it.

Until I started counting calories and realized it's 320 calories PER 3/4 CUP!!! I could easily pack away a couple cups of that stuff! Goodbye, pasta salad... we had a good run.

As for those Angel wings, that stuff is SO AWESOME. I'd gladly make room in my daily cals for that. Yum yum...

Ummmmmm...yeah......I've eaten almost the entire box on more than one occasion. Definitely one of the reasons I'm a member of MFP.

*sigh* yeah me too LOL I haven't had any in a couple months, but I know I ate WAY more than I should have..
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Costco Poutine @ 1320 ffs.
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Anything from a chain restaurant. I always prepare myself now before I go. Appetizers, a drink and those entrees add up!

Also STARBUCKS!!!
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Everything at Panera and Moe's. Everything. I do not even try to go there!
  • JanisMay67
    Options
    I've been chuckling away reading these. A 745 calories cupcake! Good grief - dread to think how much mine are when I've been baking. (and this is why my mixer is staying unused for the foreseeable future).

And the drinks! Blimey - I'm really lucky I find the milky shake things too sweet for me, or I would be sunk.

However - one thing that is lucky for us in the UK - our takeout sizes are way, way smaller than in the US. I believe our extra large is smaller than a standard size. Plus - it's extremely rare to get free refills too.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What surprised me when I started measuring was that I could easily drink 1,000 calories a day from the cream & sugar in my coffee, and still eat 2,000+ calories a day. No wonder I gained weight!

Oh and I'm not a a MFP newbie, but I ate almost 700 calories in rolls & butter alone at Texas Roadhouse a few days ago. I knew how good they were but they didn't fit my calorie count so I was going to skip them... I couldn't help myself after such a long wait to get a table :o
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm not a newbie so I should have known better... on the weekend, I had a 1600 calorie bowl of popcorn while I watched a movie.

Balls!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wraps, thai chicken lettuce wraps - over 700 calories! I could have had a cheeseburger....
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Panera has a "hidden" menu with some good and yummy salads. Ask them for the Hidden Menu or the Power menu. Very good stuff. For instance: Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad, 360 calories (plus dressing). Not bad. Plus no white carbs if you're avoiding those.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Panera has a "hidden" menu with some good and yummy salads. Ask them for the Hidden Menu or the Power menu. Very good stuff. For instance: Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad, 360 calories (plus dressing). Not bad. Plus no white carbs if you're avoiding those.

I find Panera to be a good option when I'm near one and I just use the regular menu. I usually get a cup of soup (black bean, kale and bean, or chicken noodle) and a half of a sandwich. There are 4 or 5 sandwich choices that will make this meal <= 500 cals and it's a good amount of food. More than I'd get at most fast/quick food places, anyway.

Oh, and the muffies - where you get just the muffin top - are decent for calories, too. Around 180, if I remember right.
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cheezies and Kraft dinner. Birth very high even in small portions.
  • igetjunkemails
    igetjunkemails Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hummus :( Oh hummus