Who still eats chocolate and loses weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    Mee! Don't touch my peanut m&m's. :) I just set my day around whatever I'm eating. Last night I splurged and had chocolate and went out to dinner. I stayed under my goal (but don't look at my sodium. Yikes).
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Of course I eat chocolate! I love dark chocolate and usually have a piece a day, maybe two. I also eat ice cream, cake, pancakes, muffins, pizza, cheesecake, donuts, but not every day and not all at once, lol. The only thing I really don't eat are bagels. And brussel sprouts.

You just have to fit it in, do some extra walking, etc.

*Disclaimer* I am starting over because I was NOT being diligent over the holidays, but I did well over the summer last year. I logged everyday and didn't deprive myself of stuff I loved. Yeah, there were times at work when I said no to the cupcakes or donuts brought in, but it was my choice b/c I knew what my diary already had in it for the day and knew what dinner was going to be and made the choice to save those calories for something else (like steak and potatoes for dinner!) later in the day. But sometimes I ate them.
  • lolagurlx0x0
    lolagurlx0x0 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate daily :) I got those chocolate calcium vitamins- taste like regular chocolate, so get extra vitamins and get chocolate! Twice a day :)
  • roxanethree
    roxanethree Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I eat it everyday too, but I have to have it individually packaged or I'll eat until it's gone. I ate 2 of those Terry's Orange Chocolates over Christmas and still lost 2 lbs. :D Stuff like that I inhale so can't keep around.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes just about daily, my favorite is Ghirardelli. I like that it comes in big squares and it's easy to measure out a portion.
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    I've been losing inches and pounds; I eat chocolate occassionally. Probably about 1 a week. This past weekend, I had half a Godiva bar on Saturday and the other half on Sun.
  • matildamagic
    matildamagic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get evening cravings for sweet stuff and my saviour has been - hot chocolate!
    I have a whole cupboard full of different hot drink 'treats'- 'Options', 'Highlights' and 'Peanut Hottie' and others, loads of which can be made with water for a less-than-100cal snack in the evenings. Completely smashes the craving and makes me feel all warm and cosy! :)
  • melkhamilton
    Options
    I low-carb and I LOVE chocolate! A 5-gram-carbs square of dark chocolate is divine and easily fits into my day.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    eat chocolate. dark chocolate is good for you. if it fits your macros, eat it.
  • suzysweetpea
    suzysweetpea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ME...I am a chocoholic!!! but I am trying to cut out chocolate and sweets right now, and believe me, it has been TOUGH...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hell yeah, and add red wine,
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I do, but in moderation.

Chocolate is delicious!
  • autumn_skye
    autumn_skye Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever give up chocolate completely. I try to only allow myself one "sweet" per day to keep my sugar intake in check ( so, the days I have a latte I don't get any chocolate) but I am still able lose weight. I don't think you should ever give up something entirely if you really crave it...
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    weight watchers has teamed up with Whitman Chocolates and have come out with 2 different premeasured/prepackaged chocolates -- Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Caramels. One serving (a packet) has 4 to 5 pieces of chocolate for a total of 120 calories.

They have been my lifesaver.... just knowing that I can have a piece of chocolate if I choose sometimes fulfills my craving. While purchasing "prepackaged/premeasured" snacks cost more, for me it is perfect because I don't have to face the temptation of an open bag of something sitting around. Many times, I've chosen to have just 1 chocolate (approx 1/4 serving) and am satisfied. Best part is, this isn't "fake" chocolate... it's the real deal. Skinny Cow has pre packaged chocolates also... I think they range from 110-130cals per serving.... can't remember.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    Mini Green and Black's bars are my favourite (70% cocoa ones are to die for). Or sometimes Nakd bars, or little things like Fudge bars. It's all about portion control.
  • slynn906
    slynn906 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Every. Single. Day.

I eat Moser dark chocolate- 85% cocoa.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have some kind of treat food almost every day (it keeps me sane) and I'm losing weight. I just add it in to my log and count it towards my total. This way I get to enjoy chocolate, ice cream, candy, pizza, occasionally soda, etc.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I don't have it everyday but I do have it. I have learned to really like dark chocolate and just have a few squares when the urge hits. You just have to let it melt in your mouth and savor it. If you cut out most sweets like I did, it tastes plenty sweet. I had tried it a few years ago when I was eating what I wanted and didn't like it but love it now that I'm eating better. Don't know if I'd be so controlled if it were a regular old Hershey Bar though. You have to keep room for what you love or you'll just give up (at least that's my experience).
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yes - I have biscuits every day, or chocolate, and I order in pizza once a week - I average about 1lb a week weight loss.

As long as you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight regardless of what you eat. There is no need to give up something you enjoy - just use portion control.

This! :drinker:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want and lose weight. Chocolate included :D