Replies

• nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    When do we weigh in? I lost 2 pounds :)
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am taking tomorrow off because my kids have no school, so I will do a long walk with them if the weather is nice. If it is not nice I will try to do something active inside. Building a fort in the living room is a must! Watching Finding Nemo is also very likely. :happy:
    Hope you all have a nice healthy day, I'll see you for our weigh in Friday!
    -Jenn

ps Do any of you watch Biggest Loser? :blushing: I cried for Aaron going home, but was happy the boys looks so great after being on their own tho...
  • Lyt3bryt3
    Options
    DONE! I've already lost 10 lbs since I started using this site last Monday!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    DONE! I've already lost 10 lbs since I started using this site last Monday!!!

Welcome ! And congrats on the 10lbs you lost. Just a heads up that it may slow down once your body gets use to everything. Feel free to stay and chat and continue to lose even more weight throughout the holiday season :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I lasted about two days off sugar. I'm starting to think I need professional help. :blushing:
    Seriously, I'm in some kind of denial, and always seem to have a ready excuse, or it's like I'm doing the opposite of what I should be doing to spite - who? me? Seems silly when I'm the one who suffers. I guess I need to work on "progress, not perfection"... When I'm not perfect, I fall HARD. I can't seem to break out of my current weight. I lose a few pounds, and gain them back. Does anyone have any advice on fixing your "mind"?

Just remember to always put yourself first. You need to plan at least a half hour a day just for you. Take the time to do a quick walk, jump on the treadmill, go to the gym, dance in front of the tv - whatever it is, do it for YOU. If you don't take care of yourself, who will? Just read your quote on your signature...."I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." - Benjamin Button YOU CAN DO IT! :flowerforyou:
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Kelly, thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes with the kids, work, etc it's hard to remember ME, but you're right. A half hour a day is do-able! Right now, I am waiting for my younger daughter to fall asleep for her nap, so that I can go down to the basement to do my C25k on the treadmill. I will invite my older daughter along to play in the basement, or will let her stay upstairs do play quietly or watch tv.

Jenn, hope you're enjoying your fort / Nemo day!

I brought my older daughter to the Remembrance Day Ceremony today. (see profile pic)
    "We will remember them..."
  • Swan05
    Options
    I am so in, I will work extra hard to reach this in the 19 days left for Nov...Good luck to everyone!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    JENN, I am doing hte 30 day shred too. i have only done it for 3 days so far. I do it every other day. I am only on Level 1. Have you odine it before? HOw many levels do you do a day? or do you just do level one until you find it easy and then move on to level 2?
    Phyljen
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    PhylJen,
    I did the shred for 30 days once. I did each day for 10 days. I only did it for 5 days then took two off and then did 5 more and so on. I don't really enjoy it because jillian is really hard on my knees. anyway that is my two cents on the shred.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Great to see everyone working hard. I am so busy that I have not checked in lately....I was down 3 pounds this morning! So .4 and I am back to my October 1 weight. Life is crazy....I know I need to stay on top of the stress but finding no time for me right now is hard. I am trying to get some out and walk or at least walk on the treadmill.

Take care!

Terri
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Evening all, trying to get caught up but life as we all know is busy....haven't been to the YMCA for like a week but next week definetly looks a little slower and hope to get atleast 2 days in..Hope all is well with everyone...thinking great thoughts of weight loss for everyone!!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Robin- or anyone else that has done the 30 day shred I have a question.
    did you just go level one for a week and then go on to level two and so forth? or do you do level on two and three each time? Phyljen
  • ClaryPR
    Options
    hi all,
    Watching what I ate in those weeks, I have to note that not all of liquid intake per day and that is very bad. I do not drink water because my mother never taught me and for me it is terrible. I need to learn to drink more liquid. At least today I drank 5 glasses of water. it's something. I have to continue to increase even more.

Well, Take Care Everyone
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A little late in joining, but a goal would be a great thing to get me started our right, so count me in.

11/12 ~ 158
  • scottjames84
    Options
    I am also late joining, at the beginning of November I was 207.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    11/01 SW: 188.6
    11/12 186.7
    11/19
    11/26
    11/30 GW: 183.6

So glad to have any loss after TOM and slacking had me up about 4 lbs. I would really like to see my monthly goal by Thanksgiving when we see family. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Bru: I just caught up on the posts. So sorry to hear about your losses. Thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I measured myself last night, and my suspicions were confirmed. I've lost half an inch off my waist, bicep, and hips for a total of 1.5 inches of flab gone! So I want to encourage everyone who's working hard but not seeing results on the scale. Your work will still pay off!

I've been soooo busy. I've been reading the thread even though I haven't been posting much. You guys keep me motivated. Have a great weekend!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    did you just go level one for a week and then go on to level two and so forth? or do you do level on two and three each time? Phyljen

I started it and did 10 days of each, well, kinda, I got to day 23 and stopped b/c life was getting very hectic. I honestly thought I was going to pass out on day one level one and never thought I'd ever see and do level 3, or level 2 for that matter!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Nov 1st 201.6
    Nov 5th 199.8
    Nov 12th 199.2
    Nov 19th
    Nov 26th
    Nov 30th

I'd also like to report that since I started, I have lost 53 inches from neck to calves!!!!! Holy cow!!!

A loss is a loss, and after the week I've had, I'll take it and run. Hope you all are doing well. Have a great weekend. <3 Bru
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days. only one level each time. i didn't want to do more the 30 minutes of a video since I was on the treadmill for two hours each day at that time and also doing a Wii strenght thing.

the scale is up this week I am blaming TOM.