Panera cookie 420 calories. Really?!

Options
124»

Replies

• justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I went to BJs Pizzeria a few weeks ago and thought I was being good by getting the flatbread pizza instead of their deep dish pizza. I knew it was 800 cals but when it came is was paper thin and had maybe few sprinkles of cheese and a couple small pieces of chicken. I don't know how it could have 800 cals in it.

I did the Panera cookie double-take too when I logged it. Sucks!
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    the damn Doubletree cookie! And the folks at the check in desk always really push you to take it too!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory has a cheesecake that is 1,200 cals/slice ... I almost cried when i saw that.

What is that one? My husband wants to try it
  • Fuamami
    Fuamami Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    People become obese because they eat at a surplus... my snacks are usually 500 calories and my diet is balanced. I have 3000 calories to work with so I think I can overcome a high calorie snack here and there.
    [/quote]

Wellll, most people don't have 3000 calories to work with. You do realize that, right?
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Just don't bad mouth those lovely, awesome cinnamon crunch bagels with that extasy like hazelnut spread.
  • pheona76
    Options
    McDonalds Chocolate milkshake - I thought it was low fat ice cream so it wouldn't be that bad - now I just have my own whey protein shake. And actually the McDonalds milkshake was way too sweet. But I had been sick and so I splurged. And Taco Bell's taco salad - my absolute favorite taco salad - used to eat about one a day every day back in my 20's - sure can't do that any more. If I do spluge on one its usually my only meal for the day.

Hahahaha. Don't trust anything you are told by a minimum wage employee. When I was in high school I worked at McDonalds. Everyone always asked what things were made of. We always just told them whatever we thought they wanted to hear. We had no idea what they are made from. "Is the ice cream frozen yogurt" Answer: "Yes". "The ice cream is real, right? Not that yogurt stuff." Answer: "Yes". Honestly it was some kind of brownish liquid that forms a foam at night in the fridge that has to be skimmed off the next day.

I know it wasn't right. But we always figured people were in a fast food restaurant asking optimistic food quality questions to a low paid high school student.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Some coffee drinks surprised me and shakes. Back in the day i would drink a whole shake in one sitting. 800-1200 cals! Now if i decide to splurge i only drink half and put it in freezer.

Some restaurant salads are more calories than a cheeseburger platter?!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup to 3/4 cup servings do nothing for me but piss me off. Not to mention I like the good sugary stuff like Captain Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Coco Pebbles, Lucky Charms etc..and used to eat them in bowls the size of my head.
    I am SO glad someone else gets this! I say exactly that... "Just eat a small serving!" Uh, no! A small serving would just piss me off. I'd rather have a low calorie version and a massive serving, or just nothing. :mad:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup to 3/4 cup servings do nothing for me but piss me off. Not to mention I like the good sugary stuff like Captain Crunch, Fruity Pebbles, Coco Pebbles, Lucky Charms etc..and used to eat them in bowls the size of my head.
    I am SO glad someone else gets this! I say exactly that... "Just eat a small serving!" Uh, no! A small serving would just piss me off. I'd rather have a low calorie version and a massive serving, or just nothing. :mad:

Yeah it depends on the food for me-- some things I'm fine with just a little. Other things not. Cereal it's barely even worth bothering, you get about 3 bites.