How many calories are there in Human Flesh?

Options

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've heard (not sure how true it is and can't google it at work) that humans are the only animals besides pigs whose skin makes crackling.

Mmmmmm human crackling....

Can you imagine the look on your bosses face when at most he expects to see an inappropriate 'adult' search and instead finds out his employee is not only calorie-conscious but a cannibal too LOL

I bet you'll get that pay raise... Hmmm.
  • XxDigitalxxPainxX
    Options
    free range or caged?

...I just happened upon this. I'm STILL laughing. :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I've heard (not sure how true it is and can't google it at work) that humans are the only animals besides pigs whose skin makes crackling.

Mmmmmm human crackling....

I think that's because of the way the fat is stored under the skin.... but I'd guess it's not just pigs and humans, but other relatively hairless mammals too.
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    http://clever-*****.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-case-you-ever-wondered-what-humans.html

So, yeah, beef.

FYI, humans do make crackling when roasted. And the smell, jesus.
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    Just asking for a friend.

Erugh, What kind of question is that?
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Wait... WTF??? who eats human flesh?????????
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wait... WTF??? who eats human flesh?????????

Depends on the answer to this question, really, I'm totally not eating it if it's higher than, say, pork...
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    If this thread interests you, then you might also like this one....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1166608-sabotaged-by-a-good-deed-help?page=2

MFP Food database says that consuming blood is about 300 calories for 8 oz.
  • Razz_Baby
    Razz_Baby Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Some of ya'll have a great sense of humor...

Others, nope, not so much.
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    this has provided so much entertainment for the day!!!!
  • deoboed
    deoboed Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    http://clever-*****.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-case-you-ever-wondered-what-humans.html

So, yeah, beef.

FYI, humans do make crackling when roasted. And the smell, jesus.

I'll never forget the first time I walked into an area where a Bovie cauterizer was being used. "Hey, it smells like bacon in here... wait.... no it doesn't.... blerg."
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow reading some of these comments again, really brightened up my day
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Speak for yourself, Sir.

Not my fault you don't know the definition of animal

the scientific definition of animals is an organism that has cells with a nucleus but no cell wall. Eukaryotes have a nucleus encased in a nuclear membrane and other cell organelles in membranes......... animal cells lack a cell wall

so basically, if you're not an animal, then you must be a bacteria, archaea, plant or fungus, or one of a few rare types of eukaryotes that are not animals, plants or fungi.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Like any other animal, it depends on which part of the body you are inquiring about.

People are not animals

yes we are, we are mammals:glasses:

and we're primates. Primates rule, especially Homo sapiens sapiens, which has the second largest brain for body size of all primate species :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Wow reading some of these comments again, really brightened up my day

I agree and thanks for bumping the thread :drinker:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Just asking for a friend.

I would think it depends on the cut and if the human was raised for meat . Apart from that I would assume it's pretty much the same calories as other meat.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Is there a cost difference between Walmart-fed and Whole Foods-fed human meat?
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If anyone remembers the movie Alive apparently the *kitten* seems to be the first place to start
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Is there a cost difference between Walmart-fed and Whole Foods-fed human meat?

I think there'd be a bigger difference between an active, athletic human who lifts heavy, and a couch potato human. I mean the first will have about 10-25% body fat (depending on gender and personal taste with regards to how much visible muscle definition they want), the other will have about 30%+ body fat.... now that will make a difference to both the macronutrient profile and the overall number of calories in the human