If a carbohydrate isn't fiber or sugar...

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Wow. Some people need to take the stick out of you know where. Overreaction alert!

drinking again?
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This is about the dumbest reply I've ever seen. The stick can't be fiber unless you eat it. Inserting it as a suppository will give you no fiber whatsoever. Now, if you eat the stick, you'll need to weigh it first, but at least you are getting fiber that way. :tongue:

Wow. Some people need to take the stick out of you know where. Overreaction alert!

Anticipating your next question….the stick is considered fiber.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING IS SUGAR...THATS WHAT YOUR BODY PREFERS SUGAR---NRG! THATS THAT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to trust Wikipedia. I'll just ask the homeless guy under the bridge. Thanks anyway.
    You won't trust Wiki but you'll trust an internet message board.
    Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

All posts should include Jennifer Lawrence gifs.

Seconded!

Any objections?

The motion carries.

b0b19c1a75c85eae_tumblr_mnjrzfcROd1sstxpso1_500.xxxlarge.gif

jennifer-lawrence-gif.gif
  • Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Lmao!!! Good 1 there :laugh: :sad: :laugh:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    The answer is that McDonald's is delicious and parents should let there kids have some from time to time.

I was starting to think I was the only one who remembered this from her previous life.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    This is about the dumbest reply I've ever seen. The stick can't be fiber unless you eat it. Inserting it as a suppository will give you no fiber whatsoever. Now, if you eat the stick, you'll need to weigh it first, but at least you are getting fiber that way. :tongue:

Anticipating your next question….the stick is considered fiber.

I demand proof of your claim that you have to eat it and that the stick does not provide colon-clearing benefits after being inserted you know where. And the source better be a homeless man under a bridge WITH a shopping cart. :drinker:
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    google is your friend :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    The answer is that McDonald's is delicious and parents should let there kids have some from time to time.

I was starting to think I was the only one who remembered this from her previous life.
    eh? Wasn't this just a mis-post? The simpsons person was also posting on the McDonalds diet thread.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to trust Wikipedia. I'll just ask the homeless guy under the bridge. Thanks anyway.

Is there a scientific paper that shows carb consumption increases rudeness? Geez. Someone spent time writing back and offered a perfectly good answer and that's how you reply? :grumble:

Sugar is a carbohydrate. Fiber is a carbohydrate. You see them listed on food labels because of regulations, laws, etc. You don't see other carbohydrates listed, like starch, because again, the food manufacturer is not required to do so by regulations, laws, etc. Thus the discrepancy between sugar plus fiber grams and carbohydrate grams.

Now go ahead and ask that old guy under the bridge if he agrees.

Wikipedia is not a perfectly good answer unless the question is "Would you please give me a mountain of possibly false information?"

So you will ask on a random internet fitness forum and trust those answers, but you won't trust what's on wikipedia????
    Am I missing something?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options

eh? Wasn't this just a mis-post? The simpsons person was also posting on the McDonalds diet thread.

OP is a reincarnation. This may be a mispost, but in OP's previous mfp existence, she made some rather um, foolish, claims about parents whose their children eat food from McDonald's. So foolish that she deactivated mid-thread, only to come back months later to share this thread (and the drunken prison one) with us.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You won't trust Wiki but you'll trust an internet message board.
    Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

All posts should include Jennifer Lawrence gifs.

Seconded!

Any objections?

The motion carries.

b0b19c1a75c85eae_tumblr_mnjrzfcROd1sstxpso1_500.xxxlarge.gif

jennifer-lawrence-gif.gif
    Hooray!
    jennifer-lawrence-gif5.gif
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

OP is a reincarnation. This may be a mispost, but in OP's previous mfp existence, she made some rather um, foolish, claims about parents whose their children eat food from McDonald's. So foolish that she deactivated mid-thread, only to come back months later to share this thread (and the drunken prison one) with us.

OP is the drunken prison poster?? ROTFLMAO
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Oh please, that sounds like fun, post the link :)
    ETA: Never mind, I found it.. But it is rather weird than funny
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

you are correct!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Yeah, others are more observant than me. I didn't even notice it. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

OHHHH that one. I stand corrected. Boy. Thanks for the heads up.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Is there a scientific paper that shows carb consumption increases rudeness? Geez. Someone spent time writing back and offered a perfectly good answer and that's how you reply? :grumble:

Sugar is a carbohydrate. Fiber is a carbohydrate. You see them listed on food labels because of regulations, laws, etc. You don't see other carbohydrates listed, like starch, because again, the food manufacturer is not required to do so by regulations, laws, etc. Thus the discrepancy between sugar plus fiber grams and carbohydrate grams.

Now go ahead and ask that old guy under the bridge if he agrees.

Wikipedia is not a perfectly good answer unless the question is "Would you please give me a mountain of possibly false information?"

Is it 2006? Wikipedia is a perfectly good source if you follow the citations. Something needs sources? Take it with a grain of salt.

Wikipedia is a better source than someone's random, personal blog. The site IS also edited by professionals, not just randoms. It's been years since anyone could pull up a page and write whatever they want. Registration's required, certain article require vetting before an editing goes through, etc.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You don't trust Wikipedia... so you ask an internet forum full of random people.

Yeesh.

At least follow the source links on Wikipedia.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHAHA!