Booze
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to movie theater popcorn. I can't resist even the smell of it. But they pop it fresh, and I don't get butter so it's worth counting. Our theater has the Coke Freestyle machines so I always get the flavored Dasani waters, and it's like I'm having a treat.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    cheese and pepperoni
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Ricecakes and radishes.

Not really.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    The theater near me has a Starbucks inside. I sneak in Bailey's to put in my coffee - yum!! :)
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My mom and I snuck in KFC once. They could probably smell it in the bag though because we stopped there right before going to the movie :)
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the movies much anymore, but when I did me and my significant other would go to Hen House and get an entire chinese meal in a to-go container. Then I would sneak it in and eat it.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Nothing because the cinema that I go to, albeit not that often, serves meals and booze! :drinker: Win-Win!!!

But to answer your question I'd probably pop my own popcorn and smuggle it inside my purse.

I go to the one that serves food and I order their southwestern chicken salad, which is really tasty.

If I go to some other one, I like to bring cheese and crackers, and water to drink or maybe a thermos with coffee. I've never been a fan of popcorn and I haven't had sodas in so long I can't remember when the last time was.
  • zahra51
    zahra51 Posts: 10
    Options
    Only water. I refuse to pay $4.00 for a bottle of theirs.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I usually bring chocolate!!! :) I've never thought to bring alcohol into a movie theater! That is frigin genius!!! next time. :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Carmel corn rice cakes or fiber one bar or apple chips or my own popcorn or hard candies either cinnamon or coffee or butterscotch, or jolly ranchers they are good because they take al8ng time to suck on and not too many calories, enjoy the show
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    1-2 servings of Garden Veggies Crisps from Costco or Trader Joe's Savory Thin Mini Crackers in a ziplock baggie ... and water. But I do usually steal a couple handfuls of my kids' popcorn because I love movie popcorn and it's made fresh :)
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Vodka.
    I need to go to the movies with you

One time I made finger jell-o with vodka, and snuck some slabs of that in in a tupperware. I barely remember Scream 4.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Whisky. There's a funny anecdote ive heard Dorian yates tell where he sneaks in chicken breasts while everyone around him eats popcorn and ice cream
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Anything that will fit into a large purse. I've taken candy, chips, soda's/teas, bags of cut up fruit, and the last time I went I packed ziplock bags with pieces of leftover holiday ham.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be totally gross for a second here--

Movie Theater popcorn (AMC/Loews...friggin anywhere!) makes me and all my friends vomit uncontrollably for days. I kid you not, EVERY TIME we went to a movie, whether adding extra butter or plain, whether eating before or not, whether sharing a small or downing a large....WE ALL PUKED! And not like the "oh I feel icky--bleh" I mean like, wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, shaking and violently shooting puke anywhere within radius. Sometimes, we'd all stay at one person's house after---you can imagine what that looked like. 3am line to the bathroom...if we even made it.

WHAT DO THEY PUT IN THAT CRAP!? I've heard all the chemicals and whatnot in microwave popcorn--but MT popcorn takes the cake! I ALWAYS would give it another shot--and always have the same problem (which all my friends corroborated)

So, I've learned to sneak in my food--and not be violently sick afterwards (or broke...both of which make me want to puke :laugh: )

I bring a HUGE tote bag (gosh how do they not search me?) filled with SkinnyPop Popcorn, Bom Chicka Popcorn, and pretzels...lots of pretzels. Then, I'll grab a few bottles of water for there (I am NOT paying $4 for water!) and sometimes, if I supplying a crowd, I'll bring a little fruit salad or something.

My friends and I all haven't been sick since. They praise my giant tote bag of treats! I feel bad though because once I got really sassy with the girl at the counter for trying to push popcorn at me and instead of using the "it makes me puke" excuse (to not be TMI), I said "Oh no...I'm watching my calories" which made her roll her eyes at me with disgust...oops.

But I think the main "manners for sneaking in food" is don't bring anything that EVERYONE will smell- Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, Double Onion Burgers....

'cause let's face it---if someone next to me is eating a double onion burger, I'm walking over and asking for some!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    We sneak candy in and sometimes cans of pop. We also buy the theater popcorn though. At our theater it's popped fresh and quite yummy.
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Last month I went to the movies for the first time in a looong time - I snuck in a bottle of water (the prices for bottled water are Crazy at the theater!) and a snack size ziploc baggie with a handful of raw almonds, a scoop of (very salty, mmmmm) pumpkin seeds, and a little bit of chopped up dried fruit. Got my water, and my sweet, salty, and savory - it was wonderful!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I just went to a movie on Sunday and i took a protein bar and bottle of water.