What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    This morning I had 3 eggs over medium, and 5oz of red potatoes and onions.
  • 3 whole eggs, 9 tblsp of egg whites, 3 strips of turkey bacon, one cup of spinach, two pieces of whole wheat toast w/ a tblsp of peanut butter on each.
  • Laquincy
    Laquincy Posts: 76 Member
    Omelet w/ ham,
    mushroom,
    fresh jalpeons,
    tomatos
    bell peppers
    pico
    onions
    spinach leaves
    glass of lemon water
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    A piece of toast
    a small piece of protein ( egg,cheese, chicken or beef)
    my coffee w/powdered non fat dry milk
    plus a fruit & veggies on hungrier mornings
  • rhonda999
    rhonda999 Posts: 58 Member
    All-bran cereal with sugar-free, 30 cal almond milk. Some days one packet of grits. I do not eat many calories for breakfast, but that works for me.
  • libertychoury
    libertychoury Posts: 57 Member
    NLA for her protein shake with a banana and almond milk
    1 slice of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin toast and 1/2 c egg white.

On the weekends, I have 2 slices of that toast with The peanut butter Co Cinnamon Raisin Peanut butter and a banana sliced on top of that with some honey. I love breakfast!
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    I eat what I'm hungry for. Traditional breakfast foods, sometimes lunch or dinner leftovers. Sometimes just coffee.
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    I like oatmeal w/ toast. I also like hard boiled egg, there are some mornings when that is all I will eat is a hard boiled egg for breakfast and that's it. I also like Balance Bars, or those Belvita cookie like things, those are really good. I only eat about 300 calories for breakfast. I've always heard that breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day with the most calories but I do fine during the day with what I have so I'm gonna stick with what I know.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    I have a green smoothie (about 100 calories) and then 200-300 calories worth of something that's protein-heavy a bit later in the morning. Could be eggs, leftover roasted meat, leftover pizza, anything goes.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Some of these breakfasts are pretty elaborate lol. No way do I make myself time in the morning to make an omelette or anythign that requires more than pouring something in a bowl or popping it in the toaster.

During the week I usually have a sweet cereal - usually Vanilla or Chocolate Chex or PB Cheerios with a half cup skim milk. Sometimes when I get crazy I add a half graham cracker with one tbsp PB. I need sweet things in the morning or I'll die...or I think I'll die....

Sometimes I have an english muffin, a piece of toast, or a protein bar if I eat in the car on the way to work. Occasionally my husband makes me a breakfast sandwich - one egg, one piece of cheese, one slice canadian bacon, on an english muffin.

I can't eat my biggest meal at breakfast nor can I skip it. I usually eat around 300-400 calories. Saturdays I might eat 500 but I usually run over 10 miles on Saturday and run over lunch time so I know I won't eat for a while. Do what works for you!
  • I enjoy having my oatmeal with a little whole milk for breakfast, along with a fruit - this is about 8:00am-8:30am. Around 9:30am, I'll have some nuts (almonds, peanuts or a few pecans). This way my body has something to feed on for the morning half and I don't feel starved. I'm trying to cut out store-bought juice since these usually have added sugars and acids that aren't good for the body.

Occasionally, I make a punch/ smoothie for breakfast, such as:
    1 c. milk (skimmed or almond)
    1 Tbs. peanut butter (organic is better)
    1 tsp. honey
    1 Tbs. wheat germ or flax meal
    A few cubes of ice
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Coconut Greek yogurt with homemade coconut granola on top (can you tell I love coocnut?) plus black coffee, and I'm going to have an orange later.
  • dgraboski
    dgraboski Posts: 125 Member
    Depends on if it's a work day vs. a weekend. Work days usually oatmeal, greek yogurt with berries, cottage cheese with fruit, cream of wheat, or a veggie egg white wrap. Weekends egg whites with some fresh veggies and whole wheat toast.
  • cheryl2926
    cheryl2926 Posts: 36 Member
    Agreed!! yuup lower the calories and up the physical movement
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    My diary is open:wink:
  • AdrianLBM3
    AdrianLBM3 Posts: 3 Member
    I usually eat 3 whole eggs + 3 cake rice + a cup of tea.

Bye
  • cheryl2926
    cheryl2926 Posts: 36 Member
    yuup lower the calories and up the physical movement
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Varies between Steel cut oats with a fruity greek yogurt on-top, a protein shake, or an egg on an English muffin with hummus. Calorie count varies from about 275-350 depending on the day. I also try for a high protein snack and piece of fruit mid morning. Seems to be working for me so far.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Siggi's yogurt and two slices of cinnamon raisen whole wheat toast. Pretty good combo.
  • I eat two eggs, a little milk, onions,peppers,tomatoes,mushrooms,and a 1/8 piece of pepper jack cheese mixed together in a bowl microwave no butter, or oil. Makes a small round omelett, I cook it for 2-3 minutes. I try to keep my calories under 350. Veggies can be altered. I like it hot & spicy, to make it easy I prepare my veggies and place them in a plastic baggy, so all I have to do is add it to the eggs. You can eat just one egg, I make everything in small bites.

I watch my carbs, bread intake, no prepackaged foods. All fresh, I cook in water, or pam, nothing frozen toward meat, I purchase $5.00 worth of skinless,bonesless chicken breast. I freeze two to a baggy, cook them in water, add to my salads or eat as chicken strips. I stay under my calorie intake to lose weight. This programs works.