About to quit!

Options
Okay so I have been at a weight loss Journey for over a year. My first year was EASY an I lost 50 lbs. Then it trickled slowly...60..then 65... then 70.. then 75... then, I said hmm.. I should step it up a notch!!

For the last month I have been busting my *kitten* at the gym. I burn anywhere from 700-1200 calories 4-5 times a week. I eat probably 1500-1800 calories a day now instead of 1200. Should I go back to 1200? I burn 1200 then at 1200, wouldn't that mean I am not eating?!..Or am just not eating enough for what I burn? I don't know anymore... I'm now lost. SO many different theories from everyone, I don't know what to think. " It's muscle weight" yeahhh 15 lbs of muscle? Body builders can't do that in 2 months c'mon... " its water weight".. suddenly? I am gaining water weight?! When I have been at this for 1.5 years? I dealt with LOSING water weight quick.. not gaining it in a month and it wont go away.

THe first year as easy for me.. I just did Zumba, and Walked 4 miles a day 4 times a week. It melted off. Granted my methods are different and maybe my body is adjusting but, it doesn't look like a positive change.. seeing that I am at a constant incline. THis time around like i said, 1500-1800 calories.. some lifting, some weights, " cardio kickboxing" Biking, Spinning, lots of conditioning.. I am 100% doing something incorrect here..

I at my lowest was 170. I am now as of this morning at 185.. I am so discouraged.

please any insight would help.. I'm genuinely trying to be a better heathier person.. and have been for a long time.. but this round, not feeling good.

Replies

• Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Throw in some weight training like 3x5's or 5x5's. Try HIIT or super setting with weights. Anything that will keep your heart rate elevated is positive!

Never quit!!!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary?
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'll open it.. I don;t log every day, I try!
  • highervibes
    Options

Problem solved. Log every day. you're eating more than you think :)
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Well, no. I mean look at my logs.. what I put in, is generally what I always eat. Lol. I have a lot of logs, I just started back maybe 3 weeks to a month ago.. I may have missed like a couple days.
  • mad_lifting_runner
    mad_lifting_runner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. You ate 200g+ of carbs yesterday and only 60g of protein. Reverse those. Every day. Seriously.
    2. See 1.
    3. Lift heavy things 3 times a week, light cardio the other two days (light so you don't stunt your recovery).

That's really all it should take.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

+1
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Thank you! I know too much rice :/
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options

this^^^ once you track then you will know whatyou have to do to meet your goal, regardless of you eating the same thing... everyday??:ohwell:
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Okay just take a look.. not every day may man like.. 1 day.. lol. +that. Thanks! :D
  • highervibes
    Options
    Well, no. I mean look at my logs.. what I put in, is generally what I always eat. Lol. I have a lot of logs, I just started back maybe 3 weeks to a month ago.. I may have missed like a couple days.

Well there's no way around the fact that you're eating too much. If you're gaining weight you're in a surplus. Only way to know for sure is to measure and weigh your food. The body has a way of keeping an accurate journal even if we don't doesn't it?
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on your big loss! Why would you want to quit when you are doing so well? The scale is just a number, the real progress is how you look and you look great! Don't give back all your hard work! You deserve nothing except the best!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Your diet is filled with sugar and processed foods. Also you don't eat enough protein.

Change your diet and exercise 1 hour every day!!
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Okay, so I'm eating too much. SO when I eat 1600-1800 calories and burn maybe 900 of that.. I'm eating too much?
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Kay thanks guys for the help have a great day!! :)
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I got a little confused by your post. Are you eating back your exercise calories, or burning 700-1200 calories a day and only eating a total of 1500?

Also, do you weigh, measure, or eyeball your portions?

15 pounds is almost definitely either you're really overestimating (do you count everything, even when it seems tiny?), or underestimating your burn. I'm 288 pounds, 5'9", and by doing a slow run on the treadmill (4mph) for half an hour, I burn around 300 calories according to my heart rate monitor. Burning 700-1200 calories in a workout either takes a lot of time or super high intensity. The stats MFP gives you can be way off for exercise. I know my calories burned swimming were actually about half of what MFP said.
  • highervibes
    Options
    Okay, so I'm eating too much. SO when I eat 1600-1800 calories and burn maybe 900 of that.. I'm eating too much?

You're fooling yourself if you think you're burning tha much and eating that little. Its plain as day you're off on those figures because you gained 15lbs.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Well there's no way around the fact that you're eating too much. If you're gaining weight you're in a surplus. Only way to know for sure is to measure and weigh your food. The body has a way of keeping an accurate journal even if we don't doesn't it?

^This^. log every day. Otherwise you have no way to know how many calories you are consuming vs. how many you are burning. Unless you are in a deficit you will not lose weight.
  • mad_lifting_runner
    mad_lifting_runner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I highly highly doubt you're burning THAT much per day. MFP grossly overestimates cardio burn.
  • jwalters0616
    jwalters0616 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have been at a weight loss Journey for over a year. My first year was EASY an I lost 50 lbs. Then it trickled slowly...60..then 65... then 70.. then 75... then, I said hmm.. I should step it up a notch!!

For the last month I have been busting my *kitten* at the gym. I burn anywhere from 700-1200 calories 4-5 times a week. I eat probably 1500-1800 calories a day now instead of 1200. Should I go back to 1200? I burn 1200 then at 1200, wouldn't that mean I am not eating?!..Or am just not eating enough for what I burn? I don't know anymore... I'm now lost. SO many different theories from everyone, I don't know what to think. " It's muscle weight" yeahhh 15 lbs of muscle? Body builders can't do that in 2 months c'mon... " its water weight".. suddenly? I am gaining water weight?! When I have been at this for 1.5 years? I dealt with LOSING water weight quick.. not gaining it in a month and it wont go away.

THe first year as easy for me.. I just did Zumba, and Walked 4 miles a day 4 times a week. It melted off. Granted my methods are different and maybe my body is adjusting but, it doesn't look like a positive change.. seeing that I am at a constant incline. THis time around like i said, 1500-1800 calories.. some lifting, some weights, " cardio kickboxing" Biking, Spinning, lots of conditioning.. I am 100% doing something incorrect here..

I at my lowest was 170. I am now as of this morning at 185.. I am so discouraged.

please any insight would help.. I'm genuinely trying to be a better heathier person.. and have been for a long time.. but this round, not feeling good.

Health isn't a number.
    Health is a feeling you get from eating good foods, staying active, and in this thinking clearly. If you focus on the activity and not the number, you are healthy.

Here is a video showing how bad of a quitter I was and where It got me. Feel free to watch and hopefully it can help you past this bump in the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTk_ge1KIPU