Replies

• Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    :
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Call me when she polishes off "the ol '96er".
  • Kabijots
    Options
    I find this weird.

I love my steak but I would never disrespect both the animal that died for me and the chef that bothered to cook it for me by basically ramming it down my throat. It should be savoured and enjoyed.

Not impressive at all. In fact, quite disgusting, since half of the world is starving. This is gross overeating.

I really don't understand how you disrespect a 'dead animal" by woofing the food down…would it be more respectful to the animal to eat tiny small bites and take two hours to eat the whole thing…?

Plus, the chef/cook knew it was a competition that they were cooking for..

Lighten up and live a little..sheesh….

I respect the animal by eating it, savouring it and enjoying it. Not chucking it down my neck. I wouldn't take two hours but slightly more than 2 mins 44 secs.

I am trying to lighten up. That's why I'm on MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

I love my steak but I would never disrespect both the animal that died for me and the chef that bothered to cook it for me by basically ramming it down my throat. It should be savoured and enjoyed.

Not impressive at all. In fact, quite disgusting, since half of the world is starving. This is gross overeating.
    That isn't why half of the world is starving.
  • Kabijots
    Options
    I find this weird.

ddwnr-63416405521.jpeg

Sorry not sure of your point here.

Respectfully, Kab
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand how you disrespect a 'dead animal" by woofing the food down…

Without chewing it, it won't be digested properly.

It's basically a waste of good meat.

digested properly. heh.

she ate 4.5 pounds of meat. any inefficiencies in the digestive process will be fixed via sheer volume.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure a normal person would start choking almost immediately with this eating approach. Since this isn't on page 1, I guess high 5 to her husband.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I felt like i was watching a bunch of lions on animal planet.
  • Kabijots
    Options
    I find this weird.

That isn't why half of the world is starving.

It isn't the reason why half the world is starving but it is pretty awful that someone could eat a 72oz steak in one breath and half the world are on basically rice. If the poorer parts of the world were lucky enough to get steak (highly unlikely) it would feed one than one person. Probably a family.
  • JamieBeth19
    JamieBeth19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Not sure if disgusted or impressed. lol
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure a normal person would start choking almost immediately with this eating approach. Since this isn't on page 1, I guess high 5 to her husband.

LOL @ high 5 to her husband!!

ETA: I'm not sure if I'm more impressed than disgusted but either way, it was mindblowing.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

lol. i'm just gonna put this out there. if any of y'all decide to kill and eat me, the act of killing me would be the part that perturbed me, not the speed at which you consumed my flesh.

and if i happen to get reincarnated as a chef, if you order some food that i end up cooking, you can show your respect by paying for it and gtfo, not sitting there all day using up a seat that could be filled by another paying customer.

and what does the other half of the world have to do with the food that's on her plate? were they right about to dig in when the chef came by, stole the meat off of their plate, crushed it together in 72 ounce blob, and then served it to her?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because...

...just in.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Not sure if disgusted or impressed. lol

Well, I'm impressed.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

I really don't understand how you disrespect a 'dead animal" by woofing the food down…would it be more respectful to the animal to eat tiny small bites and take two hours to eat the whole thing…?

I respect the animal by eating it, savouring it and enjoying it. Not chucking it down my neck. I wouldn't take two hours but slightly more than 2 mins 44 secs.

Do you really think the animal cares?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

if she had just thrown the steak away then I could relate to the 'world is starving' comment…but thinking you are off base here...
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

lol. i'm just gonna put this out there. if any of y'all decide to kill and eat me, the act of killing me would be the part that perturbed me, not the speed at which you consumed my flesh.

and if i happen to get reincarnated as a chef, if you order some food that i end up cooking, you can show your respect by paying for it and gtfo, not sitting there all day using up a seat that could be filled by another paying customer.

and what does the other half of the world have to do with the food that's on her plate? were they right about to dig in when the chef came by, stole the meat off of their plate, crushed it together in 72 ounce blob, and then served it to her?

Best answer. I LOL'ed real hard !
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I find this weird.

Do you really think the animal cares?

by your logic, nothing dead can be disresepected?
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes. She should have just cut herself off a 4oz portion and shipped the leftovers to Africa! :drinker:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

if she had just thrown the steak away then I could relate to the 'world is starving' comment…but thinking you are off base here...

i'd say glutony is kinda disgusting as people starve. not that im not guilty of it myself, but this is just an even more extreme case