Gym Crush

Options

Replies

• HapaHaole92
    HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Its really not that big of a deal.

I've been on both sides of the virtual desk & if you just be yourself and simple ask if he is single and follow up with "What's your schedule like this week?" You will have the two answers that will tell you if he is interested.

If he is, ask him out for coffee, if not...smile and walk away knowing there are plenty of good men that would love to share a cup & share smiles with you.

Best of luck...

It's always a big deal because I just don't want it being awkward... but I'm going to try.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Unless your crazy or he is a douche it won't get awkward.

You'll be fine :wink: .

Let me know how it goes...
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    No advice, just had to say that I like your username--my daughters are "hapahaoles" also!
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    No advice, just had to say that I like your username--my daughters are "hapahaoles" also!

oH REALLY??!?! Ah I love that. I belong to a few groups on Facebook and another group in college for hapas. I love hapa people, especially hapa guys ha.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Clearly I'm the haole part of the equation! My husband is Hawaii born and raised, and I'm thrilled my kids have his darker skin.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Clearly I'm the haole part of the equation! My husband is Hawaii born and raised, and I'm thrilled my kids have his darker skin.

Oh how nice. My dad was born and raised in Hawaii. My parents are actually both mixed. My dad is half Japanese/half German and my mom is Chinese, Russian and German :).
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've asked guys out and been rejected. It stings at first but it feels SO GREAT knowing whether or not you're wasting your time obsessing over the dude. There's a thrill that I feel when asking dudes out, even when they say no. I can't explain it, you'd probably feel the same way. (: You're a pretty girl and you seem nice, ask him out. The worst thing he can do is say no, right?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!!
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    I've asked guys out and been rejected. It stings at first but it feels SO GREAT knowing whether or not you're wasting your time obsessing over the dude. There's a thrill that I feel when asking dudes out, even when they say no. I can't explain it, you'd probably feel the same way. (: You're a pretty girl and you seem nice, ask him out. The worst thing he can do is say no, right?

Yeah I've definitely been rejected before (that's the reason I left the previous 24 Hour I was at, too awk to see the guy who rejected me). I definitely will try :)
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    It's 6:30 pm here in Southern California and I usually go at 9 so I'll let you guys know
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Yeah I've definitely been rejected before (that's the reason I left the previous 24 Hour I was at, too awk to see the guy who rejected me). I definitely will try :)

The dude I gave my number to worked for my company, he randomly showed up to work on our machines. Coincidentally, after I gave him my number and he never called, he ended up having to quit the job for health reasons. That worked out well because it'd definitely be awkward. (: But good luck!
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    It's 6:30 pm here in Southern California and I usually go at 9 so I'll let you guys know
    Good luck! If he's a good guy I hope he says yes, but if he's a douche I hope he says no so you don't waste your time.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Good luck! If he's a good guy I hope he says yes, but if he's a douche I hope he says no so you don't waste your time.

Yeah I hope so too. He looks very warm and inviting and he is nice to everyone so let's hope he's single, smart and kind when I approach him :D.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    HE WASN'T WORKING TONIGHT!!! :(
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    That's ok. You'll see him soon enough!
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    That's ok. You'll see him soon enough!

I hope so. I was thinking of asking his co-worker at the front desk about him but I thought that might be weird... I still may do it tomorrow if I don't see him haha.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Found his Facebook and he has a gf :(. Womp
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Aaaw! Well at least you know!
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Aaaw! Well at least you know!

It looks like him. I'm hoping it's not him LOOLLLLL
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    I shall try to establish rapport with him. I think that's a good thing to do. Baby steps hahah

This is exactly the right thing to do! Also, nerd moment: I love when people use the word "rapport." :) Good luck!!