To those who are struggling or getting discouraged.

Options

Replies

• settingmyselffree
    Options
    Thank you for the thoughtful post!
  • rabid_cowboys_fan
    Options
    I just started trying to lose weight in December and I have been discouraged several times already. It is always so hard starting out and trying to figure out where to start etc. My sister found Myfitnesspal and I just joined. I have never been more encouraged and ready to take the steps to lose weight!! It is posts like these and reading the responses that help keep me motivated! Thanks for this! I needed it today.. esp when there is extra junk food around the house and not a lot of time for healthy meal planning today!
  • rabid_cowboys_fan
    Options
    Very well said! I like your attitude!! You are right.. It is within your grasp!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind and compassionate words, they were exactly what I needed to read. Happy New Year!!
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sometimes strength is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow."

Love it.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Bumping because maybe someone else needs *spirit fingers* today like I did yesterday.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! :heart: :drinker:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett

Fall down seven times. Get up eight. -Japanese proverb
  • ANGELSAMONGUS1987
    Options
    I just wanted to say amen to the whole we all have our own limitations. I know exactly how you feel. I have Chrons Disease and it has taken me over a year to loose ten pounds. Rejoice in the small victories, NOT eating that extra burger, Parking out further just to walk even though there was a parking spot right by the entrance, getting up off the couch even when it hurt. These things are the stuff normal people take for granite. It takes a lot of courage to say I don't care what those people think of how big I am now, But in a year those people are going to be saying, good for her. Besides do it for yourself, your fiancé, and your family. They are the ones who matter and I am sure they know about your condition. Ask them to pray for and encourage you to move forward and that God takes the pain away. I know that painful diseases can hinder us in the worst ways. I also have hydradentitis. It keeps me from working out more than the Chrons. Trust that God will make it possible for you to loose the weight. Also I know that the heavier we are the more pressure on our joints so this could help you as well in the long run. I hope you find the strength each day to move forward in your daily weight control. From one struggler to another I wish you well. God bless!
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Beautifully written! I am going to print this and hang it in my office to read when I am having an "off" day!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed that more than you could know!
  • emilysfatsuit
    emilysfatsuit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow. That was a warm Krispy Kreme glazed donut for this 1200 calorie dieter soul. You, Mr Magic Fingers, need to write a nightly dose of awesome. I'm going to need more of this glazed feel good stuff tomorrow night.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am shocked. I figured this post was lost in the ether.
  • tacosandbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    I fell of the wagon yesterday and I was thinking about having a little binge on what's left of my naughty junk food stash. But, you're right. -I AM Awesome! And I'm not going to give up now just because I screwed up yesterday!
    And you're awesome too! Thanks for the words of encouragement.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    You are awesome. Seriously.

I know how tough it can be sometimes to say "screw it" when you had a bad day or gave into a craving and binged. It is easy to just say, "Screw it, this weekend I am eating whatever I want." But it isn't always easy to get back on track.

It is also easy to feel upset when the scale number isn't going down as we had hoped. Unfortunately it takes time. And if it isn't going down for a few weeks, then maybe it is time to reevaluate and adjust.

We all struggle and get discouraged sometimes, but if you are reading this then you are still here and you are still fighting.

And I admire that.

Thank you for this! I admire you for posting something so supportive! Keep fighting the fight!
  • jrwilliams124
    jrwilliams124 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Seriously.

I know how tough it can be sometimes to say "screw it" when you had a bad day or gave into a craving and binged. It is easy to just say, "Screw it, this weekend I am eating whatever I want." But it isn't always easy to get back on track.

It is also easy to feel upset when the scale number isn't going down as we had hoped. Unfortunately it takes time. And if it isn't going down for a few weeks, then maybe it is time to reevaluate and adjust.

We all struggle and get discouraged sometimes, but if you are reading this then you are still here and you are still fighting.

And I admire that.

Thank you!!! I so needed this today!
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such an encouraging post.
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was just what I needed. I'm having a pretty crumby day, but won't let it affect my night or tomorrow! Thank you so much :)
  • redrose1983
    Options
    Thank you for the support :)