question 4 ppl who understand what thick means

12346»

Replies

• luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    OP, forget all the people here who say to dump him. I don't know how people can think they have the right to tell you to make that big of a decision from the little that you told us about ur bf. For example, my bff in the whole wide world and I are always "dissing" each other, but in a good way. It depends on how things are said sometimes and the character of the person who said it.

On another note, to answer your original question, I think thick means not skinny, not fat, just nice muscular build with just enough body fat to not have well defined muscles. It's a look I like too, but like someone else mentioned, we're not all genetically disposed to have that look. If you are, then you probably just need to work on lifting heavy weights to get the muscle part down. That's what I'm currently in the process of doing.

I won't offer any advice on what to say to your bf (although a few things come to mind) because you didn't ask for that. Good luck!

*Edited for grammar*

THIS! I would have a talk with him and let him know you want to take care of yourself and look nice for him, and that you are willing to try but that his comments on your appearance effected you in _____ and would like him to be supportive ____ etc. I in all seriousness would show him some of the pics of celebs like kim k that show how much she is photoshopped to have a smaller waist accentuating her rump. etc. He cannot compare you to video girls etc, bc that is fake. Its all a facade. You are real and al you can do is try to look your best for yourself first and him second.
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    GIRL, I GOT U!!!!! I HAVE BEEN "THICK" ALL MY LIFE! I CAME OUT THICK! WILL DIE THICK! I AM LOOKING AT YOU, SISTER GIRL!!!!!!! YOU ARE THICK!

THE MAN IS BLIND...... HE WOULDN'T KNOW THICK IF IT PUT HM ON A CRACKER, AND ATE HIM FOR A SNACK!

NEXT TIME HE COMES AT YOU WITH THAT CRACK-HEAD MESS.....

TELL HIM GYPSYGIRL159 SAID.... BACK UP BECUZ..... :flowerforyou:

MAN, YOU DON'T KNOW THICK FROM THIN!
    YOU DIDN'T BUILD THE BODY I'M IN!
    THIS IS MY BODY.... I GOT THIS RIGHT HERE!
    YOU CAN GIT TO STEPPING OR APPRECIATING....
    ITS YOUR CHOICE.... MAKE NO MISTAKING!

BUT, DON'T EVER TELL ME I NEED TO GET THICK AGAIN!
    I AM FIT! I AM THICK, AND I AM AWESOME AS CAN BE....
    I LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD, AND I AM REAL GOOD TO ME!
    AND YOU HAD BETTER LEARN TO BE GOOD TO ME TOO....
    BECUZ I NEED A MAN, NOT A BOY!
    I AM A WOMAN - NOT A TOY!
    I WAS BORN THICK...
    I HAVE TO BE THICK TO DEAL WITH THE LIKES OF YOU!
    SO BACK UP.... OR PACK UP!
    ITS ALL ON YOU SLICK....
    THE CONVERSATION IS CLOSED....
    BECAUSE THIS SISTER INVENTED THICK!
    :laugh:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    I'm so confused last time I lost alot of weight my bf said I look like a skinny crack head now I gained it back n he saying I need to tone up n get thick like the girls in music videos??... How am I suppose to do that ?!?
    Unless he's got abs like eminem,, 50 Cent, or Lil Wayne .......... I don't think he has any right to tell you to look like those girls. And frankly even if he did he has no right.
  • dump him, that's how.
    Do it for you.

this.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    I'm so confused last time I lost alot of weight my bf said I look like a skinny crack head now I gained it back n he saying I need to tone up n get thick like the girls in music videos??... How am I suppose to do that ?!?
    By training to be a professional dancer.
  • zenpoppy
    zenpoppy Posts: 20 Member
    Love is someone that supports you and pushes you to achieve your goals and dreams NOT dragged you down and makes fun of you.
    All about him he is not comfortable and secure in who he is...with the rest of the crew....time to go....
    Remember you deserve more.........
  • missdesha
    missdesha Posts: 9 Member
    Find what body size makes you happy. Don't let other people determine how healthy you should be. Make the decision for YOU and others will fall in line with it or not. As far as your bf, well...you teach ppl how to treat and talk to you. Just do what's best for you!
    Happy New Year!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    GIRL, I GOT U!!!!! I HAVE BEEN "THICK" ALL MY LIFE! I CAME OUT THICK! WILL DIE THICK! I AM LOOKING AT YOU, SISTER GIRL!!!!!!! YOU ARE THICK!

THE MAN IS BLIND...... HE WOULDN'T KNOW THICK IF IT PUT HM ON A CRACKER, AND ATE HIM FOR A SNACK!

NEXT TIME HE COMES AT YOU WITH THAT CRACK-HEAD MESS.....

TELL HIM GYPSYGIRL159 SAID.... BACK UP BECUZ..... :flowerforyou:

MAN, YOU DON'T KNOW THICK FROM THIN!
    YOU DIDN'T BUILD THE BODY I'M IN!
    THIS IS MY BODY.... I GOT THIS RIGHT HERE!
    YOU CAN GIT TO STEPPING OR APPRECIATING....
    ITS YOUR CHOICE.... MAKE NO MISTAKING!

BUT, DON'T EVER TELL ME I NEED TO GET THICK AGAIN!
    I AM FIT! I AM THICK, AND I AM AWESOME AS CAN BE....
    I LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD, AND I AM REAL GOOD TO ME!
    AND YOU HAD BETTER LEARN TO BE GOOD TO ME TOO....
    BECUZ I NEED A MAN, NOT A BOY!
    I AM A WOMAN - NOT A TOY!
    I WAS BORN THICK...
    I HAVE TO BE THICK TO DEAL WITH THE LIKES OF YOU!
    SO BACK UP.... OR PACK UP!
    ITS ALL ON YOU SLICK....
    THE CONVERSATION IS CLOSED....
    BECAUSE THIS SISTER INVENTED THICK!
    :laugh:

Why are you yelling?
    WHY_f0bd6a_351519.jpg
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Thank you I've should've of addressed this b4 i do not have a bad boyfriend we were talking he told me his opinion… i wanted to make a long story short and still try to put in certain facts… um I'm looking more so of what thick is a work out regimen to be thicker… i should say

The waist part has to be natural (or losing some weight if you're carrying extra there like I am right now).

The butt and thighs really can grow by training like a bodybuilder. We women can get bigger muscles, too, and don't ever let anyone tell you we can't. It takes a lot of specifics, as you might imagine.

Don't get as cut as the bodybuilder ladies and guys, though. That is not the aesthetic for 'thick'. So keep a fat layer going. Getting incredibly cut is such low BF% anyway that most people have to work hard for that. Just don't, lol.

I'm pretty thick but will never get the teeny waist for the real version. Mine doesn't go that low because of where my bones are, lol! Oh, and my butt doesn't qualify for video girl thickness, but not many do anyway! ;) My thighs are very big with muscle, and I'm so, so glad to see folks like Beyonce's body so much. Thank you, Bey!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    D U M P
    H I M
  • MissDLynnR
    MissDLynnR Posts: 91 Member
    Nicely put lol
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    tell him to grow a bigger stick then you will get thicker for him

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This needs to be a tattoo.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    I'm in the same situation, I lost more weight than I want to!! I want to put on weight, so I can be fit and thick!!! Maintenance is hard!!
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    My husband is a fan of thick girls.. I asked him one time if that means fat. He told me its not fat, its fit, but still curvy. Maybe this helps!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    I googled "thick women" and this site popped up: http://allthickwomen.com/

Is that what he means? From the pictures, I'd describe them as muscular but not skinny, with exaggerated womanly proportions.

Yep, this is what I've always thought thick ment
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    For those of you thinking "thick" is fat, you couldn't be more wrong. At least not in the terms OP boyfriend meant it.

Thick is a certain look. Curves, bigger thighs, phat *kitten*(not fat, big and round).

Some women have it, and some don't. Its genetics for the most part.

Thick women are absolutely beautiful in my eyes as many other types of shapes and sizes.