everyone who needs to loose 50 or more pounds

Options

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great week end. This is the 3rd week I have not lost weight, but I know it is because I am gaining muscle. But very frustrating.:grumble: Was very good on week end and walked 4 miles each day. :drinker:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great week end. This is the 3rd week I have not lost weight, but I know it is because I am gaining muscle. But very frustrating.:grumble: Was very good on week end and walked 4 miles each day. :drinker:
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    Well the pants and shirts are just as loose as they were at the beginning of this vacation oddessy. (or is it oddity??:embarassed: ) With the rain here in the mountains:grumble: , walking is tough but I still do up and down the steps a lot. Next Monday I get to weigh in- I don't want to know:noway: - hummm- what can I loose this week...
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Lost a bunch so far, still have 75+ pounds to shed.

Having gotten this far I know I can go the distance. All of us can.

Think happy, low calorie thoughts:smile:
  • LKEMPE1
    LKEMPE1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to to this site, I logged on in April set up my account and never came back. I'm so ready now, my first goal is 40lbs but I need to lose 60lbs to be at my goal weight. Two years ago I lost 50lbs on weight watchers and within the last year I put 30lbs back on. Since doing this my hearburn and migrain headachs are back. When I lost the 50lbs I was able to go off 3 different medicines and if I don't start losing again I wil have to go back on them and I really do not want to. I would love to have a place to talk to others that are trying to lose a large amount of weight. I hope there is room for me!!

Lisa
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Welcome and this is a good place to do it. I am trying to stay off medicine as well. So far so good. If you have any questions there is a good thread for newbies that helped me a lot. I will try to boost it to the top so you can read them. Good luck. :drinker:
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratualations to all of you! What great losers!

Well another week down. Walked more. I lost 2 lbs. I am happpy.

67637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ctucker07
    ctucker07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I need to lose 100 pounds to really be healthy and that's the first time I've ever admitted that to anyone out loud. I'm going to need help!!!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Welcome. You made the first step. :drinker: There is lots of help here. Check out the thread for newbies they were very helpful to me when I got started. :drinker:
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, is this still going on? I need to loose exactly 50 pounds. and I think that this would be a great thread to keep motivated. so how does it work?
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started at needing to lose 56 lbs, now I only need to lose 43lbs....How is everyone else doing?
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100, but setting smaller goals....and just realized I am 20 pounds heavier then I thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Sassie, it's so brutal isn't it? I sitll cringe!

Welcome Pineapples! I think so - this site has been loads of help for me. I've slipped a few times but never totally given up, or slacked off. I find it comforting to know there are other ppl out there in the same boat, trying to do the same thing! :D
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sassie, it's so brutal isn't it? I sitll cringe!

Welcome Pineapples! I think so - this site has been loads of help for me. I've slipped a few times but never totally given up, or slacked off. I find it comforting to know there are other ppl out there in the same boat, trying to do the same thing! :D

Thank you Kerridwen, i'm really excited about this
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just checking in. We just got back from vacation so the numbers are not so good. A trip from NC to Seattle and surrounding areas. Very beautiful. Would not change a thing we did. One of the costs is up three pounds. But I am back and tracking again. So I am feeling okay.

Others, please check in. You are my inspiration.

67637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, I am new here and just found this thread.

I started my "lifestyle change" in Jan. weighing 235, I got down to 200, back up to 215, now back down to 200 as of this morning. When I hit my plateau, I gave up, but I started again at the end of June. Being a SAHM of 3 under 5, I need to get my butt in shape, I need energy without 2 pots of coffee a day! My goal is to lose 50 more lbs, so I started with having to lose 85 total. That seems overwhelming at times, so I try to take it one day at a time, one meal at time. I am so happy that I found this site.
    I am having trouble with eating all my calories though, I seem to average 900, which I KNOW is not good. But when I am not hungry, I am not going to eat. Any advice?
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Emikarls

I am glad you are here. This is a great, supportive place. My calorie consumption is much lower than it should be. I do make sure I have enough protein or there will be no energy. I am positive that I haven't been close to my daily number in calories but am generally over on protein.

Good luck.
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Certainly being too far under calories (yay for the bullt in warning on the site!) can be detremental.

I don't know if it will work for you, but I broke up some of my meals and added a few snacks in. Within a few weeks my body started expecting to eat at these times! Hope this helps.
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    So yesterday, I took your advice and I was finally at my calories insteed of under! For the first time I did not get the "warning" - but....I had way to much sodium. It is the yogurt and brown rice that did it to me. At least now I know, I thought was making good choices, but that sodium shocked me.

Thanks so much for the advice!
  • kimo
    kimo Posts: 2
    Options
    hello everyone!

I am a beginner on this site this week and just started really trying to lose the weight. I have 55 pounds to lose and struggle with the eating the right foods. I work out three times a week for an hour a day. The exercising has really helped boost my energy. On the days I don't exercise I feel sluggish. Any suggestions? Also, anyone have a good menu to go by to help get started?