5'5 & 5'6 women what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• courtwoods674
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and looking to be 135, I was there once but got there in a very unhealthy way and would like to see how I look skinny and healthy at that weight. If everything goes well, I would love to be down to 130.
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    112lb. It's lower than what I am "supposed" to weigh at 5'6 if you're only judging by BMI/some other prescribed factor that doesn't take individuals into account, but I have always weighed between 108-113 and been very healthy - my doctor was never concerned with my weight, as I ate healthy, exercised, and always had stellar vital stats. It wasn't until I started a sedentary desk job with long hours that I ditched my healthy eating and exercise habits in favor of loafing about and ordering takeaway - and I put on weight (I'm at 117-ish right now and it looks/feels weird on me). I have belly fat, which I've never had before, and I don't look toned like I always did when I had healthier habits. I don't fit into my clothes as well. I have a VERY petite frame (my wrist circumference is only 4.5"!), so extra weight shows on me very quickly. In addition to not looking like myself, all the crap food was making me not feel like myself either - I was sluggish and depressed, which contributed to a downward spiral. I hit a point where I knew I had to change, and I knew I had the power to do so, I just needed to get off my @$$ and do it. I just want to look and feel like myself again, and logging in here every day keeps me feeling accountable.
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and would like to be 140-150. I have a very curvy frame with a large bust and bottom. I may settle for 160 depending on how I look when I reach that weight. I was 160 as a teen and looked hot, but that was before 2 kids lol
    29 years old
    Starting weight 246
    Current weight 243
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hopefully around 130lbs - 60kg, but I'm a long way off that :-(
  • dianed1974
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 39 years old, my current goal weight is 128
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    140 would be great!
  • Biztheshiz
    Biztheshiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 160. I figure that's a great place to start! Once I get there I can always re-assess.

I think it's important to set realistic achievable goals though, so right now my goal is to get under 200 (currently around 210). I have been trying to lose weight off and on for years now, always giving in to the "this is impossible" thought with a goal of 140. This time I started at 265 and found that smaller goals work better for me. At first it wasn't a weight goal at all, only a goal to drink more water and walk my dog for at least 20 minutes every day.

My advice: Don't worry so much about your end goal because that can always be changed. Try to focus on daily or weekly goals instead.

Good luck!!

Disclaimer for dog lovers, my dog was previously being walked by a neighbor, now we walk together! I wasn't neglecting my fuzzy princess before.
  • godot77
    godot77 Posts: 24
    Options
    125. That's the weight I was before my pregnancy, and it's 54 lbs to lose. I'm 5'5" , That said I had no muscle, and now I do, so maybe I'll stop at a higher weight, if my clothes look good.

I miss my clothes
  • Darkaller
    Darkaller Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    5'6. My current goal weight is 135 but the more I find out others actual weight the higher it is becoming. It really depends how I hold my weight in the end.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    5'5 and goal is 140-145

This post was back in May. I have met 145 and now working to possibly 135.
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My goal for the year is 155. My ultimate goal is closer to 140, but really size is more important to me than weight. I'd like to get down to pant size 8.
  • gingers_havesouls
    Options
    Thanks for this! Made me feel so much better. My GW is 140 but I was looking at some BMI charts and they said 113-130 was a "healthy weight." I was thinking, good golly I'll be a stick!
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    GW: 115 minimum
    CW: 100
    old SW: 96

had to re-recover from an ED.
    now lifting. bulking. and loving life <3
  • PrincessAsiaa77
    Options
    Starting weight: 221
    Goal weight: 160

And my height is 5'6 :)
  • lemur933
    lemur933 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    Goal: 150
    Start: 230

I've lost 6 pounds so far, this is my first time trying my fitness pal instead of other "dieting" techniques and really like it!
  • D0minionconquest
    D0minionconquest Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 177 (after pregnancy)
    Goal weight: 155

I'm 5'5" and carry my weight very evenly. I was 145 once and looked anorexic. 155 and my ribs are visible but not sickly looking. I'm going to stick with that weight for now.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 and my goal weight is 110!
  • cgm117
    cgm117 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 114-117, 5' 5.". I'm working on gaining a few lbs of muscle.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5
    starting weight : 159
    current weight (also happens to be original goal weight) : 140
    new goal weight : 130-135

Although, of course, my bigger priority is how I look and feel rather than the number.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic, thanks for being so open ladies! I am 5'5", Currently 154 with a goal weight of 145. Any smaller and I can't maintain.