100 POUNDS LOST!!! 90 in 11 months, 10 more just recently!

Options

Replies

• melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You Look AMAZING!!!! Like a totally different person. What an accomplishement you must feel. Way to go!!! And thank you for sharing, you are such an inspiration!!!!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! Congratulations on an awesome job and for sharing your story!!!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love your plan. I am an all or nothing person as well. I may have to try this. :smile:
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Very good insight on your plan. Working out 5 days a weekn is mentally tough as a busy person. How do you workout for an hour each day and not get burned out?? Also, 10 minute miles are what I do on the elliptical and doing a 1/2 hr cardio station to get 3mi in is what my pace is now. I'm going to adopt your 30 minute strength training regimen to complement my routine. Having that one cheat day is crucial. You should publish this in a newspaper. Thank you for this post.

size 18/20 to size 4/6...
    running max 20 seconds non-stop to running 4 miles (40 minutes flat) non-stop...
    low self esteem, zero confidence and almost a hatred for myself to a blossoming self esteem, high level of self confidence, and a genuine love for myself...
    246 pounds to 146 pounds...

Is there anything I could ask for in the upcoming year that could possibly compare to these things???

OFCOURSE! This time, instead of focusing on my weight, Like I have done every other year around this time, which always led to failure, I finally got to put my thinking cap on, and really think of what I want most in the upcoming year... and it came to me... The simplest of all...

All I want in 2014 is health and happiness for my family! I usually beg GOD to help me lose weight, this time I am not going to "beg" GOD for anything, HE has already given me all I need... A good husband and 5 awesome kids who are healthy, happy, and full of love for life! All I ask GOD for in 2014 is to continue to bless my family with good health and happiness!

Im thankful for what I have, I am thankful for what I have accomplished, and I am thankful for what GOD has in store for me and my family in 2014!

For those of you wondering...
    I am 5 foot 9
    33 years old

Collagenothuge_zps38e8b1dc.jpg
    omg_zps2dde9110.jpg
    Collageomgg_zpsa54667d0.jpg
    nasty_zpsf997af06.jpg
    ME1_zpsbdf1a078.jpg
    235e9613-b7cd-401b-afba-1f534c90bc8c_zps650254ab.jpg
    6f15e55c-0aea-4229-a430-69c06020df84_zps7e6ec31b.jpg
    c21cd7a6-9bbb-407a-b892-c1f829853ad8_zpsf081519c.jpg
    ME_zps361666ba.jpg

I started my weight loss on September 17, 2012 at 246 pounds, my highest weight ever! I am 5 foot 9, and on some days, my dr measures me at 5 foot 10, so go figure... I am pretty tall! I STARTED AT A SIZE 20, AND i AM NOW FITTING INTO A SIZE 4! This, in just under 1 year!!!

I am a 33 year old mother of 5 kids, between the ages of 15 and 7. I am married, and also a full time student. I am also "mom" to 2 dogs, and 4 cats. My husband was injured in a head on car accident in 2009, leaving him with a fractured spine, putting a lot of extra responsibilities on myself. My 13 year old son has a heart condition along with asthma, which leaves us with many doctors visits, ER trips, and hospital stays. My 4 daughters are avid softball players, and so I am shuttle for them to all their practices, games, team parties, etc. My point... IM BUSY!

I had tried to lose weight numerous times before, however, I always lasted only a few weeks, then gave up. I have an all or nothing personality. I don't just want 8 chips and 1/2 bowl of salsa at a Mexican restaurant, I want more! Id rather eat a small amount on most days, just to have 1 day where I don't have to watch my intake, or count calories. With this in mind, I designed my own plan, that worked great for me. It fit my lifestyle, and kept my husband and kids happy by still allowing them days where they didn't have to live in my low calorie world.

HERES WHAT “I” DID... THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ***ME***

-1200 calories per day, food always measured and weighed... MFP set me at calories which were a couple hundred more each day, but I chose 1200, and mentally use the extra calories on my 2 crazy binge days each month.

- Work out 4-5 times per week, however, I do NOT eat back my exercise calories. I run about 2-3 miles per day M-F. Along with my cardio, I strength train for about 30 minutes, 3-5 times per week.

- Every other Saturday, I take a break from "dieting" and eat as I please. I still log, just so I know the "damage" I did (lol) I eat an average of 4500 calories on these 2 days per month. This gives me the opportunity to satisfy my cravings, have fun without calorie counting, and plan special occasions... for me, its like a mental reset, make it 2 weeks at a time, instead of looking at it as a long road of “dieting…”
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Very good insight on your plan. Working out 5 days a weekn is mentally tough as a busy person. How do you workout for an hour each day and not get burned out?? Also, 10 minute miles are what I do on the elliptical and doing a 1/2 hr cardio station to get 3mi in is what my pace is now. I'm going to adopt your 30 minute strength training regimen to complement my routine. Having that one cheat day is crucial. You should publish this in a newspaper. Thank you for this post.

size 18/20 to size 4/6...
    running max 20 seconds non-stop to running 4 miles (40 minutes flat) non-stop...
    low self esteem, zero confidence and almost a hatred for myself to a blossoming self esteem, high level of self confidence, and a genuine love for myself...
    246 pounds to 146 pounds...

Is there anything I could ask for in the upcoming year that could possibly compare to these things???

OFCOURSE! This time, instead of focusing on my weight, Like I have done every other year around this time, which always led to failure, I finally got to put my thinking cap on, and really think of what I want most in the upcoming year... and it came to me... The simplest of all...

All I want in 2014 is health and happiness for my family! I usually beg GOD to help me lose weight, this time I am not going to "beg" GOD for anything, HE has already given me all I need... A good husband and 5 awesome kids who are healthy, happy, and full of love for life! All I ask GOD for in 2014 is to continue to bless my family with good health and happiness!

Im thankful for what I have, I am thankful for what I have accomplished, and I am thankful for what GOD has in store for me and my family in 2014!

For those of you wondering...
    I am 5 foot 9
    33 years old

Collagenothuge_zps38e8b1dc.jpg
    omg_zps2dde9110.jpg
    Collageomgg_zpsa54667d0.jpg
    nasty_zpsf997af06.jpg
    ME1_zpsbdf1a078.jpg
    235e9613-b7cd-401b-afba-1f534c90bc8c_zps650254ab.jpg
    6f15e55c-0aea-4229-a430-69c06020df84_zps7e6ec31b.jpg
    c21cd7a6-9bbb-407a-b892-c1f829853ad8_zpsf081519c.jpg
    ME_zps361666ba.jpg

I started my weight loss on September 17, 2012 at 246 pounds, my highest weight ever! I am 5 foot 9, and on some days, my dr measures me at 5 foot 10, so go figure... I am pretty tall! I STARTED AT A SIZE 20, AND i AM NOW FITTING INTO A SIZE 4! This, in just under 1 year!!!

I am a 33 year old mother of 5 kids, between the ages of 15 and 7. I am married, and also a full time student. I am also "mom" to 2 dogs, and 4 cats. My husband was injured in a head on car accident in 2009, leaving him with a fractured spine, putting a lot of extra responsibilities on myself. My 13 year old son has a heart condition along with asthma, which leaves us with many doctors visits, ER trips, and hospital stays. My 4 daughters are avid softball players, and so I am shuttle for them to all their practices, games, team parties, etc. My point... IM BUSY!

I had tried to lose weight numerous times before, however, I always lasted only a few weeks, then gave up. I have an all or nothing personality. I don't just want 8 chips and 1/2 bowl of salsa at a Mexican restaurant, I want more! Id rather eat a small amount on most days, just to have 1 day where I don't have to watch my intake, or count calories. With this in mind, I designed my own plan, that worked great for me. It fit my lifestyle, and kept my husband and kids happy by still allowing them days where they didn't have to live in my low calorie world.

HERES WHAT “I” DID... THIS IS WHAT WORKED FOR ***ME***

-1200 calories per day, food always measured and weighed... MFP set me at calories which were a couple hundred more each day, but I chose 1200, and mentally use the extra calories on my 2 crazy binge days each month.

- Work out 4-5 times per week, however, I do NOT eat back my exercise calories. I run about 2-3 miles per day M-F. Along with my cardio, I strength train for about 30 minutes, 3-5 times per week.

- Every other Saturday, I take a break from "dieting" and eat as I please. I still log, just so I know the "damage" I did (lol) I eat an average of 4500 calories on these 2 days per month. This gives me the opportunity to satisfy my cravings, have fun without calorie counting, and plan special occasions... for me, its like a mental reset, make it 2 weeks at a time, instead of looking at it as a long road of “dieting…”

i dont get burned out, because its getting me results, and the results push me to want to go. i have actually tried to have days where i skip going to the gym, by the end of the night, im at the gym, and im doing work. last night for example, i ended up there at 11pm, because i didnt go yesterday... it was killin me by the end of the night! if your following your plan, and it has all become routine, it just happens, and doesnt see like extra work i guess...
  • accokeekjudi
    accokeekjudi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and new healthy lifestyle! You look absolutely fantastic, but more important, you are much, much healthier. Kudos for your hard work and dedication!!
  • dalii24
    dalii24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look stunning and even younger
  • tturner5
    tturner5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! awesome! Im having trouble losing 10 more pounds. Add me as a friend so that I can stay encouraged please!
  • BEACHGIRL0622
    BEACHGIRL0622 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look simply amazing! Don't know how you do ALL that you do!! What an accomplishment! And may God continue to shower you with blessings in 2014!
  • StalgiaPasternak
    StalgiaPasternak Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! You looks AMAZING!
  • SheShe_13
    SheShe_13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be so proud of what you've done!
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Definition of Wonder Woman right there! Great amazing job! I am 5'9 as well @ 221 lbs currently, can't wait to lose the weight! Very inspirational. Thank you
  • ajoyt
    ajoyt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look so great, wonderful job!!!!
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look SO much younger and happier. if your facebook is public, do you mind sharing the link?
  • tspugh
    tspugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing story, you are an inspiration!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look SO much younger and happier. if your facebook is public, do you mind sharing the link?

thanks! sure, here it is... facebook.com/TheSkinnyMeWantsOut
  • KitaT92
    KitaT92 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What an amazing job. You look fabulous!!
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    damn, you did good!!
  • emilybell66
    emilybell66 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are stunning ! Your success story is just what I needed to read the morning. Question.....did you experience much loose skin on any part of your body in particular ? Stomach, arms or on the inside of your thighs ? Thank you again for posting you story and pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!