What kind of milk do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    1%. Unless it comes from a mammal, it's not milk. Oil or juice at best. "Soy oil" & "Almond juice" just don't sell.

Since you're concerned with accurate titles, we should really call mammal milk: " Bovine Growth Hormone, Antibiotics, Pus, Dead Tissue and Blood Milk"

No bias to see here . . .

There's no bias when it is a well documented fact.

People can laugh it off with responses "it still tastes good", but that doesn't change the fact of what it contains. I never said milk tastes bad. This is just a case of blissful ignorance where people block out the bad things to enjoy the good. I, personally, can't lie to myself to that degree, but others are more than welcome to.

Is it lying to myself if I just don't GAF?
  • Robide
    Robide Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I still enjoy semi skimmed milk in my Tea, and obviously when I treat myself to a cappuccino or a latte.

For everything else, I have Almond Milk. The missus always has Soy milk, but I just don't like the taste of it, whereas almond milk is delicious, especially in a good coffee, really adds a dimension to it.
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do all kinds, depending on what I can tolerate. I prefer cream in my coffee, but if it's iced, then I might have 2% milk or skim. My body can only tolerate so much dairy, though, so once I start to feel bloated or start having gastro issues, I lay off the milk and just have yogurt. My body doesn't seem to function right if I go too long without dairy, though.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much milk, but what I do use is whole milk. No reason not to.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Breast Milk!

Just kidding! Skim (fat free)
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Plain soymilk and reduced sugar plain soymilk. I can't digest cow's milk and I'm allergic to almonds so no almond milk. Rice milk is almost $10 here for a 1 liter parmalat container...
  • cokekitty
    Options
    I don't have any intolerances, but I've been vegetarian for over a year and just went vegan this year, and I love almond milk! I like it better than dairy milk. :D I never really cared for soy milk myself, but almond is good, and so is rice milk. Almond milk is a lot creamier and slightly nutty, where rice milk I think is more like skim milk, but has a much more neutral flavor. It's also a little bit cheaper where I live than almond. I prefer almond if I'm drinking it by itself, but putting it in coffee or over cereal I'm comfortable with either.

I've heard hemp milk is good too but it's way too expensive where I am so I've never tried it.
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    2% extract of cow in tea or coffee, Koko coconut milk + calcium for cereals, baking, everything else. I need the added calcium one because of osteopenia, otherwise I'd be as happy with ordinary coconut milk.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    About a cup a day of skim.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Breast milk. Yum.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    All kinds! I use 2% for my normal milk needs, like in cereal or in recipes. I use fat free half & half for my coffee. Also love almond milk & will buy it once in awhile for something different in cereal.

:huh:

How in blazing hell can you make "fat free" half and half and still be able to call it such? Half and half is, by definition (and name), half cream and half milk.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    2%. However in my coffee at home I use creamer, if i'm buying coffee I ask for skim.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    The kind that comes from a cow.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The kind that comes from a cow.

Moo cow *kitten* milk

"There's no such thing as soy milk. It's soy juice. But they couldn't sell soy juice, so they called it soy milk. Because anytime you say soy juice, you actually... start to gag. And they put Soy Milk in with my Moo-Cow *redacted* milk, and it doesn't belong there, because we all know there's no such thing as Soy milk 'cause there's no soy titty, is there?" ~Lewis Black
  • 360hope360
    Options
    due to my daughters issues with tummy we drink almond or soy
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Currently I drink unsweetened almond milk - but I don't really drink it that often.

I randomly get weird milk cravings every now and then, but for milk paired with something. It's really weird. I'll crave a tall glass of cold skim milk with a snack of popcorn. Or a glass of milk directly followed by Diet Coke. And yes, I know how gross that second one sounds, but I can't control what I crave! Anyone else?? New thread maybe? Haha.
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    what ever is cheapest usually the purple capped milk in any store but in lidl semi skimmed because its cheap as hell for a 4 pint bottle lol
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    either unsweetened vanilla almond milk or unsweetened flax seed milk
  • SirDoctorofTARDIS
    SirDoctorofTARDIS Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lactose free milk. generally I buy 1% unless skim or whole is on sale
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love milk, but was not willing to use up all the calories on it - even skim was 90 a cup. I am now in love with unsweetened almond milk - 30 calories a cup.