100 lbs weight loss - Swimsuit Progress

Options
Hi, my name is Amelie and I just turned 20.
I lost 100 lbs over the course of a year and a half and this summer was the first time I ever bought and wore a bikini in public.

I feel like this is probably a common problem but I’ve always had a really hard time accepting how my stomach looks, but I realized how silly it is for me to obsess over that one thing I can’t really change instead of focusing on all the things I did changed.

I completely transformed myself. Like I did that. Me. Not all those girls I’m always comparing myself to. Which means that if I’m strong and determined enough to do this, why can’t I be strong and determined enough to stop feeling so bad about myself to the point where I’m ashamed of posting pictures showing my imperfections?

So there you go world: swimsuit progress.

tumblr_inline_mxyo5f7M6V1qb5plm.jpg

Replies

• Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You have done some AMAZING work! Great job!
  • kjfhome
    kjfhome Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is awesome.
  • jessbro1977
    jessbro1977 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Be proud of your hard work and dedication!
  • flbatson
    Options
    You look great and have NO reason to be ashamed.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. I think that we all have the problem area we are never 100% satisfied with. We should focus more on our body as a whole and not this area or that. You are fabulous and be proud of all the hard work and determination you have shown yourself. GREAT JOB!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic. Definitely be proud of all that hard work!!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You accomplished an awful lot in a short period of time. You look awesome. I wouldn't sweat about your abdomen. It'll probably tighten over time.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yes, YOU did that. YOU put in the effort and got the results. Even those with the most fabulous bodies have areas that bug them, but I like that you are celebrating your body right now, just how it is (which is terrific by the way) -- congratulations!
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done :smile:
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Girl rock that bikini! You look amazing. Congrats to you!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Way to go YOU! You look fantastic!
  • battybecks
    battybecks Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look really amazing. My stomach is my most annoying area as well - if I get to where you are I will be SO happy! Now you just have to wait for the sun to come out ... !
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I have a stretched out belly from having kids that bothers me, but no one else really notices it or thinks it looks bad. Your belly looks better than mine and will probably continue to tighten a bit. Congratulations!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes! Great job. You look wonderful.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing progress! You have every right to be so proud of yourself! Show yourself off girl!! You have earned it!
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!!!!!! No worries.
  • bashfulbirdie
    bashfulbirdie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! I would be so proud and confident wearing that bikini! You did something amazing that a lot of people try to do and unfortunately fail. You're awesome!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing!
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!