no alcohol challenge!

Options

Replies

• REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congratulations to you on making it this far with your no alcohol challenge........I have been dry since August 2013....not sure how much longer I shall turn away the alcohol however for now just continuing to take it one day at a time....I definitely do not miss all the calories that come along with alcohol though....I would much rather use them on food and my kidneys thank me daily for the break that I am giving them........good luck and continued success to you!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Day 13 here as well, doing ok actually, don't miss it now as much as I was at the beginning. Drinking lots of tea and losing weight as well! Winner all around!
  • freethinkermama
    freethinkermama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to join!!! I know it will be hard but extremely helpful in quality of life and losing those extra pounds!!

Day 1!!:smile:
  • CalmtheCharitydown
    CalmtheCharitydown Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking a few months ago, mostly to support my son who was going through rehab. I new I was drinking a lot, but I don't think I realized how much it was affecting me until after I stopped. I agree with the better sleep! I wake up feeling like I actually slept now, rather than before when I had to drag myself out of bed. That really helps with trying to get my workouts in at the start of my day. Good luck with your challenge!
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this but I would have to quit my beer team , whoops I meant bowling team.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking because of a severe Gout attack that landed me in ER back on December 4th. Now it's water only and I never looked back.
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    21 days and counting for me. how is everyone else doing?
  • sdjojo13
    Options
    My husband and I take part in a "Dry January" each year and it is the best month of the year for us! After spending Halloween to New Years Day drinking and eating, we welcome the break! Very cleansing both mentally and physically! It's hard at times (esp when I travel for work), but we persevere and LOVE the feeling we get after a good nights rest. It's almost hard to go back to drinking in February! Great job!!
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    In for no alcohol, starting NOW. Wait.....NOW! Wait.....NOW! Wait.....NOW! Wait.....NOW! Damn it, this is impossible. I quit.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Day 27 for me, feeling fine and enjoying life and food
  • muderfocker
    muderfocker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    3 weeks for me with only two slip ups! Harder than I thought, but will keep trying.
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i'm in! I can't have it for the next 21 days anyways. day 3 for me. of course, haven't had any this year so i'm good. cheers! :drinker:
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your challenge!! I just reached my goal and want to enjoy my occasional glass (glasses) of wine! Ha ha
  • jenn2375
    jenn2375 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am 23 days without...... I had a horrible six months and was drinking heavily just about every day.... (good old red wine.....my bff) I finally hit the wall and overnight was ready for a change..... within days I felt better, slept better and I cannot believe that I do not even want a drip........ I know it may not always be as easy as it is now but Im just really happy I finally got to this point.....I was afraid I wouldn't.....
  • judithaline
    judithaline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    6 years ago I only used to drink on the weekends. Then ... I met my partner (the beautiful Peter) who is a tradie (printer) and who has a bourbon and coke every night. He used to have a lot more than that but cut down. Whereas I on the other hand joined in and started having wine every night. I've put on over ten kilos in that time and find it very hard now to stop the habit. And that's all it is. But I really enjoy a glass or two - then I look at the calories in it and realise that if I wasn't drinking, or at least restricted it to one per night or every other night, I would have lost a lot of weight by now. Oh well - we're here for a good time not a long time? Does that work? :o)
  • khpierce8
    Options
    Nope. No way. I enjoy a beer with the ballgame and a bourbon on the couch. I still get up at 4:45 for my workouts. Alcohol isn't evil and I'd rather work it in to my diet and my lifestyle. If you are going to stop drinking entirely (and more power to you if you are), that's one thing. But if not, why create a temporary habit??

Very much agree, I try and just drink one night a weekend. I feel like it could be a black hole for me if I tried to just stop completely for a period of time and then when that time was over start again, so I try to calculate around it.. But to each their own!! Hope its going well!!
  • Napier_mum
    Napier_mum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking back when I got pregnant with my first child. Still nursing the second one so I haven't had a drink in over 3 years. I was a total binge drinker every weekend and would quite often have a wine or two with dinner. The longer I go without the less appealing it is to start again.

The thought of a hangover with a one year old and a two year old is enough to put me off the odd urge for a wine!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. Some of my family and friends are alcoholics. Alcoholics can't drink in moderation, hence the term. I will commit to being drink free for February since this month is almost over.

ETA: I'm doing this to show support, not for calories or health benefits.
  • briniepoo
    briniepoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think I will do a reset myself too starting from February though lol. I think I shall also cut out coke too for a month or two and see what happens. I only drink either once a week, but lets challenge myself lol. So Feb, not Alcohol or fizzys. Guess I will stick with tea, water, or coffee!
  • montoyarenee
    montoyarenee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've started many times, but I'm going to start again in February. Running a half marathon (my first!) in April and it's so much easier to train without alcohol in my system at all.

Feel free to add me so we can support one another!