Replies

• Annetinkerbell
    Annetinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done
  • Annetinkerbell
    Options
    Hi guys! I started end of Dec and I'm at Day 18 today! Here's my progress so far!

xmv4ia.jpg

10xzgvn.jpg

70cenq.jpg

Pictures showing Days 1, 10, 15! I'm really happy with thw tesults so far BUT i have not lost much weight; just 1kilo ao it gets pretty frustrating on the weighing scale! My pants are getting really lose though!!

Good luck everyone! We can all do this!

You look amazing, well done
  • tbird9702
    tbird9702 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well, I am already doing 30 day shred, so why not! Days 1-4 complete. Now if this bursitis in my right hip would just go away
  • Annetinkerbell
    Options
    I started on Christmas Day and forgot to take before pictures. I only did workout 1 for a few days as it felt too easy and I got bored. Before New Year I was doing workout 2 and now I mainly do 2 one night and 3 the next. I have had a couple of rest days but will try to rest at least once a week thanks to the info provided by the previous poster.

I went to the gym for the first time in ages today and felt better in my workout gear than I have before. I also did an ab workot with a trainer that I did earlier in the summer. This was before I had an operation on my arm and the 30DS was really the first but of proper consistent exercise I have done since then. Anyway, I did the class and I couldn't believe how I could really keep up and it didn't kill like is has previously. This is thanks to the shred. So even if I've not dropped pounds yet I am defiantly feeling fitter and stronger.
  • sarcathryn
    sarcathryn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Better late than never : ) Started this morning and will be doing it in conjunction with my gym workouts 5x a week. Everyone's progress pictures have gotten me so motivated and excited to see where I will be at when it is done.
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Took a break Friday and ran and did yoga. Did day I have no idea Saturday. Might jump ahead to level 2 a few days early.
  • Adasunshine
    Options
    I'm totally in!

I just completed day four. It sucks. Bicycle crunches were invented by the devil himself. However - it is a great workout!!!

Just thought I would share a couple of things from the website incase you didn't know. Jillian recommends that you shouldn't actually do 30 days straight, rather 6 weeks of 5 days a week with your break days falling one midweek and one on the weekend - that is the best way to avoid injury and give your muscles time to repair themselves!

Also for those logging exercise calories burned - if you don't have a heart rate monitor to tell you your calories burned here is a simple method for the workouts so you can log it: 30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. I did this for the first three days (27 min workout including warm up and cool down) and used my heart rate monitor today, the HRM told me I burned 30 calories more than the calculation did, but hey it's better to be under estimating what you are burning as opposed to over estimating right?!

Good luck everyone, feel free to send me a friend request if you wish, but please include a note!

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for this, I've been logging Shred as 20 minutes of "Curves Circuit Training" which works out at about 112kcal... I swear blind I burn that in the first circuit ;)

Can I just ask where you found the info on JM's website? I must be going blind as I couldn't find reference to the 30DS schedule anywhere. When I first did Shred, I did it for 30 days straight, luckily without any noticeable strain on my body, just the feelgood aches of a good workout.

Just started it again for the second time after an exercise hiatus over Christmas (due to too much travel & work more than anything else) and I will be taking the rest days this time as it makes much more sense and this is what JM advises for her other workouts (I also do NMTZ & BFBM when I'm not doing Shred) and it suits me better :P

Thanks again :)
  • azanck
    azanck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I am a little late to start but I would love to join the group. I am new to the site so I don't know what I need to do to get started. Please add me and let me know what I need to do. Thank you so much.
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Also, as an FYI for anyone who doesn't have 30 day shred, if you have a device that has youtube on it (playstation, xbox, appletv, etc), the 30 day shred videos are on youtube for FREE :)

ooh thanks for this tip.. if i can wrestle the kids for a place in front of xbox or wii i'll try Day 1 later....eeeeek
  • NJMomEsq
    Options
    Please add me to this group. I am new to MFP but am on day 9 of the 30DS. I did it for 8 days straight but was so sore yesterday and just did pilates/walking. I am seeing good results but oddly have gained 1 pound.

I am also doing the 30 Day Plank Challenge. Thank you and good luck all!
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    i"m in! picking it up today!
  • IndyHannah
    IndyHannah Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've done two days. I've started this a good few times before and loved it, had good results with fitness (especially arms!), but have never managed it all the way through! Are you really supposed to do 30 days straight? Or does it say anywhere you should have a rest day?
  • fortunered
    fortunered Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today was day three for me. :)
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Took a break Friday and ran and did yoga. Did day I have no idea Saturday. Might jump ahead to level 2 a few days early.

I was thinking about doing that too. I just finished day 7 today, and it's gotten noticeably easier in the past two days. That's a good thing, for sure, but I'm thinking maybe it means it's time for me to move up. What have the rest of you done?
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options

I was thinking about doing that too. I just finished day 7 today, and it's gotten noticeably easier in the past two days. That's a good thing, for sure, but I'm thinking maybe it means it's time for me to move up. What have the rest of you done?

Jillian says in the DVD to advance to the next level when you feel you are ready, so go for it! No need to stay at a level if you feel you've got what you can out of it and are getting bored.
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm really late to this party, can I join also? Only started last night.. Day 2 today with jelly legs ! Am enthusiastic so far given all the fab success stories

x
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've done two days. I've started this a good few times before and loved it, had good results with fitness (especially arms!), but have never managed it all the way through! Are you really supposed to do 30 days straight? Or does it say anywhere you should have a rest day?

I've read that Jillian said you don't have to do it 30 days in a row. It's just a 30 day workout. I am actually doing it every other day along with other DVDs
  • junoprod
    Options
    yes! i really need the motivation!
  • paulisitt
    paulisitt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have just done Level 1 day 4. Posting here to help keep me motivated to keep it going.
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So I've just moved to level 2 of 30DS and my appetite is off the charts. I'm doing TDEE - 25% ... so my BMR is like 1650 and my TDEE is around 2300 so I've set my goals to 1700/day (have a little wiggle room in case I under measure things like olive oil which I cook a lot with). Looking at my diary I'm eating average like 2500 cal/day and obviously I haven't lost any weight. Wondering if it's better for me to STOP doing 30DS because before I did it I felt ok eating 1500-1700 cal/day. Since I started I feel deprived if I eat within that range. Anyone else having similar issues?