~~~share your weightloss~~~

124»

Replies

• thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    I started on March 11, 2008 and so far I've lost 26 lbs. I started with an overweight BMI of 28.2 and now am in the healthy range at 23.9! I still have 11 lbs. to go to get to my goal. The first 20 lbs. went a lot faster than the last 6 have, but I feel great about my progress so far and don't care how long the rest takes. I'm learning to eat healthy and exercise consistently and MFP has helped me do this for the first time in a long time. I love this site, especially the support I get here.:flowerforyou:
  • AbbyIsWangsterful
    AbbyIsWangsterful Posts: 170 Member
    Only 4lbs in 6days :I
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    You all are great! Just reading this will keep me going another week. Thanks so much for sharing.

The thought I keep thinking is:

"This is my life. How do I want to live it? I have a choice!"

Maybe this will help someone else.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]67637.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    I would like to know how much everyone on here has lost and how long it took you.

For me I have lost 78 lbs and have 6lbs to go
    My starting BMI was 44 % and now it is 20%!!! HAY!!
    This has taken me a full year since the 18th of this month!

Please share and modivate and get modivated!!!:smile:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    well since starting the gym a year ago i have lost 21.5 kg (47.3 lbs) and since starting here on mfp 3 mths ago i have lost 28 lb and still have about 55lbs to go at a guess as im not sure where my happy place is. im happy here and what this site has done for me if only i found it a year ago man id be at my weight by now :laugh: everything in its time i guess and this was the right time for me to be here.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    I hear ya about when it finally clicks and you realize that you can do this!!! I have lost 89 lbs since starting this journey on January 13th, and I feel fabulous! I am going to reach my original goal of 100 lbs lost, then I will decide if I want to try for more!!! Congrats on all the weight loss everyone, keep up the fabulous work!!!
  • jollygirl
    jollygirl Posts: 2 Member
    I started 4/24/2008 and have lost 18. My total goal is 40, just 22 to go by Thanksgiving is my goal
  • I started in May and have lost 25 lbs. Three weeks ago I got braces. I decided I'm not too old to have the smile I've always wanted. My braces help remind me every day of my new lifestyle and keep me on track. We can all reach our goals thanks to MFP!
  • aprils30
    aprils30 Posts: 6
    I'm just getting started on this journey but thanks for sharing all your successes. It really motivates me to get out there and tackle this weight challenge once and for all!
  • tryingagain
    Well another week down. Walked more. I lost 2 lbs. I am happpy.

67637.png
  • hokiesister
    hokiesister Posts: 8 Member
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Hey you guys are so inspiring!! Please share any tips that you can. Tell us how you lost the weight and some hints on how to get moving. Thanks
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    WOW You all are so amazing! Makes me believe that I will someday get to goal! :) Thanks everyone!
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Congratulations to all you "Losers":heart::flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

I'm definately glad I found this thread today, I was staring to lose motivation.
    Its been about 2 weeks since I started MFP and have lost 2lbs so far
    Reading all these sucess stories is really inspiring, so thanx to you all who have posted!!:drinker:
  • Adam08
    Adam08 Posts: 20
    Ive lost 3.2 lbs in my first week which is over what I expected. I had 3 days of weakness last week when I ate lots of crap.
  • skks
    skks Posts: 8
    All of you are such great inspirations!! Thanks.
    I think this site is going to be just what I needed.
    My sister told me about it while we were on vacation (6/29 through 7/7) and I entered every day and followed my plan and when I went for my weekly weigh I had actually lost weight (while on vacation).
    Anyway thanks.
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    I have lost 25 Lbs. I started in May of 2008. I have 15 Lbs to go. The biggest thing to help me along is the running. I was a fast food king because of always being on the go, I have not had fast food in over two months. I have also cut soda out. No soda in nearly 3 months. I intake about 1500 calories a day, and run 3 miles. Seems to work for me.

Congrats everyone, and keep it going. YOU CAN DO IT. And I know you will.:drinker:
  • tryingagain
    Hi,

Just checking in. We just got back from vacation so the numbers are not so good. A trip from NC to Seattle and surrounding areas. Very beautiful. Would not change a thing we did. One of the costs is up three pounds. But I am back and tracking again. So I am feeling okay.

Others, please check in. You are my inspiration.

67637.png
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    First off congrats to you all. Your all an inspiration to me.

I've lost 50lbs since OCT 2007. I stopped working out due to my busy schedule. And now I want to get back into because I want tot loose the last 32lbs.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    I thought I'd share recent experience...

I have lost over 30lbs and for the first time in a long time, I went on vacation and felt completely comfortable swimming at the beach, getting in and out of the pool, laying out, etc. I spent so many years hiding, covering up, and just plain not participating in activities because I felt I was too fat, too out of shape, too pale, etc.

MFP has been WAY more than losing some lbs, it's pushed me toward "self improvement" (as corny as that sounds) and made me really comfortable in my own skin. I'm definitely not perfect, but I'm "good enough" and it is SUCH a relieft to accept myself, and stop worrying about the silly noise in my head that kept me from living a full life.

Congrats to everyone, and congrats to those just starting out - you will be successful!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Well since MFP I have lost 28lbs. I started back in October of last year. Before that I had lost 16lbs on my own....BUT I kept falling on and off. It's tough to change a lifestyle. I love food and was addicted...well still am...But I find now that I crave healthy foods more often. And I've found that I can still splurge as long as I keep it within reason. Sometimes people get in this and they lose it quickly. Some people will fall on and off but eventually you get to a point that you don't want all the hard work you have done to go to waste. That's where I'm at. I'd lose 10, fall off, gain 15 back, feel horrible about it, so I'd start back up again...over and over. Finally , it clicked....I need to make a change. And I need to stick through it. I remembered how good it felt to accomplish the loss. I remembered that it really wasnt that hard to do when I was doing it. And now I'm dedicated to making a change. I had lived the unhealthy lifestyle for years so I can't be too mad at myself for taking a while to change my lifestyle I was so used to. right now my goal is 15 more lbs. When I reach that, I will decide if I need to lose more or not. I wish I had gotten some pictures of before and through the process to post on my profile. I see pictures now and while I still look a little chunky, I dont look as horrible as I did. I ACTUALLY HAVE CONFIDENCE NOW!!! :noway: I never felt good about myself before. And I still look in the mirror or a window as I pass by and think I look horrible sometimes...but notice I said sometimes...before it was every single day every time I looked. I hold all of my weight in my belly, back, and arms (and chest...heehee:blushing: those are getting a little smaller too:drinker: ).

This change takes longer for some than others. But if you dedicate your life to it, this site will work.....I love it!!! And I love my MFP family!!! :heart:

CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

:heart:
    Cheryl
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!