Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• perfect00insanity
    Options
    Not a BB coach or anything...I just started T25, I am into week 2 so far. I have asthma so finding workouts that I can do all the way through is pretty hard. So far I love this one, this week is definitely easier on my breathing than week 1. I try not to use the moderator unless I absolutely have to, which is usually about 20% of the workout. But I can already feel an improvement in my overall health. I'm not a fan of scales lol, I haven't weighed myself since I started working out. But I'm going to start taking measurements soon. But so far, I gotta say that I love to hate to Shaun T, he kicks my *kitten* every workout! If you haven't started T25 yet, you should, it's fantastic!
  • truptisharma1612
    truptisharma1612 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cud you gimme the torrent link?

Thanks
  • truptisharma1612
    truptisharma1612 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the torrent for alpha & beta & gamma. Starting sunday

Could you gime the torrent link?
    Thanks
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    If you look at my profile pic, that is from Sept to Dec. I started Focus T25 in July. I have other before and afters from earlier in 2013, but these two were in almost identical clothing.
  • hal149d7
    Options
    I am on day 4 of Alpha and find this workout a little difficult to follow. By the time I figure out what exactly they are doing it is time for the next move. If I get lost I tend to just do high knees or burpees until the next exercise as you can't always see what Tania is doing. I have been consistently running for over two years (including a half marathon) and have done weight training 3-5 days a week for over a year, but this is a different level of cardio than I have ever experienced. I know I am not very coordinated and definitely am not a dancer (as most of the moves tend to be) but hopefully I will pick up the entire workout in the next couple of weeks. I will reply back after I am two weeks in.

I also bought this workout for $75 (including free shipping) and it included everything that is mentioned on the infomercial on NewEgg for anyone that does not want to pay $140
  • 1basketballwife
    Options
    I start Monday! Can't wait! Hoping to get back to pre pregnancy shape I love Shaun and loved Insanity before I got pregnant so I'm super excited to get my butt kicked!
  • selflove929
    selflove929 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started the 10 week program yesterday! I did the Cardio and Speed videos once each before I officially started the program though, and I enjoyed them! I prefer cardio over strength training, so the Cardio and Speed videos I found were mostly cardio based. Lots of jumping around, and some moves require you to coordinate your body well, so it sort of feels like dancing? But I like dancing, so I enjoyed it :).

Good luck to all and I will see you all in 10 weeks with before and after photos :)
  • ericbenjamin59
    ericbenjamin59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It works!!

I went from 210 15% body fat to 180 and 8% body fat.

It is intense but fun.

T25 with Myfitness Pal, got me to where I wanted to be.

I started P90X3 and did not like it at all compared to T25.

Gained weight back doing P90X3. Not intense enough for me.

Stick with what works. Now I have 10 lbs I need to lose for wasitng my time with X3.
  • scapstick1
    Options
    I started yesterday. Looking to get rid of pregnancy weight!!
    I took my pictures and wrote down my measurements. So, I'm pretty stoked to see what the results are going to look like. :)
  • bsevin
    bsevin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can anyone speak to the level of impact with Focus T25? I had to stop Insanity because my old (45) knees were killing me even though cardio-wise I could do the workouts. I don't want to waste money only to find out i can't so all the plyo stuff here, too. I know there are modifiers, so any info about whether this is finally one that gets your HR up and helps you shred but can be done without the injuries from all the impact? Thanks.
  • sovanysag
    sovanysag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, lot of us started T25 yesterday, including myself. I started Insanity before but it was too long and I'm so out of shape I couldn't do it. I started T25 with the modifier and seem to be able to get through it without a problem, although sometimes my knees are not behaving. But because of the modifier, I hope I will be able to build some strength first and hopefully by the 2nd-3rd week I can do the regular exercises. Even with the modifier I was sweating, but again, that could be me being out of shape and "chubby". The modifier just helped me doing all the exercises without the constant jumping, my knees couldn't handle that. It works for me at this point (2 days in).
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Can anyone speak to the level of impact with Focus T25? I had to stop Insanity because my old (45) knees were killing me even though cardio-wise I could do the workouts. I don't want to waste money only to find out i can't so all the plyo stuff here, too. I know there are modifiers, so any info about whether this is finally one that gets your HR up and helps you shred but can be done without the injuries from all the impact? Thanks.

There is a modifier (Tonya). I have arthritic knees and started with the modifier, but now I hardly ever have to use her. Though I've gone through 2 rounds of the basic workout and now doing the 3rd phase, Gamma, which for those interested is mostly strength workouts, except for Speed 3.0, which is great, especially if you love burpees.
  • ReverendNewman
    ReverendNewman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One "oldie" to another. LOL I have hardwood floors in my place. All I did was go to Home Depot and buy a piece of remnant carpet with a thick pile and it cushions nicely. Also, get a good pair of cross trainer sneakers. Running shoes have little if any lateral support which is what you'll need.
  • dvdraw
    dvdraw Posts: 2
    Options
    Can guys here comment on how doing this workout has changed their physical appearance?

i started insanity last april and did it pretty much every day up until christmas and managed to lose 3 stone - i now currently weigh in at 12st 12lbs. however i still wasn't happy with the way my body looked after doing insanity as i had some excess fat that i have struggled to get rid of to attain that six pack and pecs and felt i may have gotten so used to doing insanity that my body wasn't changing any more.

my question is, have any guys in here swapped to focus t25 from insanity and found their body has toned up nicely?

i'm only on day 3 and like it so far, as i think Shaun T is the best thing since Mr. Motivator, but i'm finding the work outs feel a little bit too dancey for my liking and i haven't yet dabbled on any upper body strength to work the arms and pecks and my moobs are one of the key things i need rid of.

i realise going to the gym and doing weights will help too, so please don't bother pointing that out :P
  • ReverendNewman
    ReverendNewman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can guys here comment on how doing this workout has changed their physical appearance?

i started insanity last april and did it pretty much every day up until christmas and managed to lose 3 stone - i now currently weigh in at 12st 12lbs. however i still wasn't happy with the way my body looked after doing insanity as i had some excess fat that i have struggled to get rid of to attain that six pack and pecs and felt i may have gotten so used to doing insanity that my body wasn't changing any more.

my question is, have any guys in here swapped to focus t25 from insanity and found their body has toned up nicely?

i'm only on day 3 and like it so far, as i think Shaun T is the best thing since Mr. Motivator, but i'm finding the work outs feel a little bit too dancey for my liking and i haven't yet dabbled on any upper body strength to work the arms and pecks and my moobs are one of the key things i need rid of.

i realise going to the gym and doing weights will help too, so please don't bother pointing that out :P

I did 2 rotations of Insanity and it didn't really change the way I looked. I was really bummed. It did however make me a ton stronger and more flexible in the gym. I'm in the middle of week 2 of Alpha T25. This time though, I'm throwing the whole kitchen sink at it. My diet is tight, I'm hitting the gym for my weight training, (which is my first love), and I'm even doing some lower level cardio like treadmill and stairclimber in the evening. I'll post my results at the end of the 10 weeks. A lot of people say this program is geared really for the core, lower body and the sheer cardio of it. I haven't even looked at the Beta DVD's, but he has you using the bands for like bicep curls. This is why I'm skeptical these "test subjects" really built their "after" bodies with this program. A lot of "after" photos I have seen out there, the folks look OK, but not shredded. But who knows if they followed the diet. Diet is the key.
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So I just started the program two days ago, which puts me at Alpha Total Body Circuit today, which I haven't done yet. My honest opinion thus far is the workouts require a lot of coordination, which I DO NOT have, but as Shaun explains, speed and agility are the goals here. Those would be two amazing things for me to have and I suspect I will be a lot closer after 5 weeks of these alternating workouts.

What I like so far: I'm not kidding you when I say they go fast! I look around and I'm at below 15 minutes. I've started to figure out each exercise is done at about 1 minute's length, with some repeats. I love the variety and it makes the time go fast. Only when I'm at the last 5 minutes do I wish wish wish it was over already! But when it is I am pouring sweat, and that is a great feeling, knowing you've worked hard and have plenty to show. Speaking of variety, in the Alpha phase the workouts are repeated very few times, but it would seem enough to hammer in the skills and muscle groups. For instance, I liked Cardio much better than Speed 1.0 so far, and S1.0 is only done 4 times in the schedule. I can get through that! Finally, most of the moves feel attainable...as long as I'm watching Tania. I would say I modify 75% of the time, and my goal is to not have to eventually.

The Eh: The first morning after I woke up with this pain in my right front low calf and it hurt to walk. It has since gone away but it was odd. I know it's due to all the jumping and fancy foot work that just isn't me. The dancey moves do not entirely dominate the workouts, but they are present and I have to be careful so I don't get injured. I also work out on carpet in an apartment so wearing sneakers is usually a no-no for me, but I may have to give it a try because I really do not want to do any lasting damage. So potential for pain and questionable moves are my biggest concerns at this point.

Overall very pleased and excited for what to come with T25.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I finished with the first round at the beginning of December. I've since done the "Pure Gamma" schedule and started the "Pure Strength" hybrid calendar this week.

I didn't go back and read all responses in this thread, just the last few posts... Someone had mentioned that in Beta you use the bands. You *can* use the bands, but I used my dumbbells, which most of them use in the video as well. For the Beta workouts, one set that is challenging for you, but not *too heavy* is fine. In Gamma Rip't Up, you really need a lighter set for some superman moves. One of the people in the video even has 3 sets. In those moves you can't use the band, either, so having some dumbbells to use isn't a bad idea.

I was all ready in maintenance when I started this, though, having just returned from my wedding and honeymoon, I had a few lbs that I needed to shed. I lost 4.4 lbs, and 2 total inches. I know that isn't much, but, again, I'm basically in maintenance and have been working out regularly for nearly 2 years and didn't have a lot to lose. I also didn't follow the nutrition plan included with the program.

I'm not a huge Shaun T fan, but this is definitely a decent program. I would, and have, recommend it to nearly anyone. At under a half hour a day (well other than Friday, and you could just do that on Saturday instead of doubling up) there's really no excuse for not getting it done.
  • mistysezz
    mistysezz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was considering P90X but the more I research it the more I like T25. This message board has been very informative. I've been using MFP for almost 2 years now and I love it but I need a more structured workout. Thank you ????
  • jill_momof2
    jill_momof2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It works, and I love it. Period. Oh, AND I love Shaun and his husband Scott.:) DEFINITELY worth the investment.
  • mjoshua87
    Options
    I just started it yesterday i see lots of ppl having success in just a few weeks in so im just curious if any of you are also following the meal plan or just staying within your daily limit and eatting other stuff?