100 lbs weight loss - Swimsuit Progress

Options

Replies

• kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You look great! Just wish you were smiling! :)
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    great job, you look great
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yes, YOU did that. YOU put in the effort and got the results. Even those with the most fabulous bodies have areas that bug them, but I like that you are celebrating your body right now, just how it is (which is terrific by the way) -- congratulations!

+1 :flowerforyou:
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing transformation and such inspiring words :) you're right, we are doing this for ourselves and we can only work to be better than who we were yesterday instead of comparing to people who we are not. Fantastic work girl, you look fabulous!! xo
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! You look great!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    More Photos please!!! So incredible. You look so fabulous now. Good luck with maintenance!
  • MichaleneRN
    MichaleneRN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look amazing. Beautiful before and after. Congratulations on all of your hard work!
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing - congrats!
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    WOW! You don't even look like the same person. I bet people that haven't seen you in a while may not recognize you? You did awesome. Now remind yourself that every time you look into the mirror and allow yourself a big smile, you deserve it!:happy:
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing work. Good for you.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats on getting it done!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amelie and I just turned 20.
    I lost 100 lbs over the course of a year and a half and this summer was the first time I ever bought and wore a bikini in public.

I feel like this is probably a common problem but I’ve always had a really hard time accepting how my stomach looks, but I realized how silly it is for me to obsess over that one thing I can’t really change instead of focusing on all the things I did changed.

I completely transformed myself. Like I did that. Me. Not all those girls I’m always comparing myself to. Which means that if I’m strong and determined enough to do this, why can’t I be strong and determined enough to stop feeling so bad about myself to the point where I’m ashamed of posting pictures showing my imperfections?

So there you go world: swimsuit progress.

tumblr_inline_mxyo5f7M6V1qb5plm.jpg
    Being honest here. You look much more confident (by body language and smile) in the first pic vs your "new" pic. Apparently you may be still comparing yourself to other girls which is why in your second pic you LOOK totally unconfident. Confidence is an ATTITUDE and that can be changed over time. Just keep working at it and REALLY realize that you don't need to compare yourself or others.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Amelie and I just turned 20.
    I lost 100 lbs over the course of a year and a half and this summer was the first time I ever bought and wore a bikini in public.

I feel like this is probably a common problem but I’ve always had a really hard time accepting how my stomach looks, but I realized how silly it is for me to obsess over that one thing I can’t really change instead of focusing on all the things I did changed.

I completely transformed myself. Like I did that. Me. Not all those girls I’m always comparing myself to. Which means that if I’m strong and determined enough to do this, why can’t I be strong and determined enough to stop feeling so bad about myself to the point where I’m ashamed of posting pictures showing my imperfections?

So there you go world: swimsuit progress.

tumblr_inline_mxyo5f7M6V1qb5plm.jpg
    Being honest here. You look much more confident (by body language and smile) in the first pic vs your "new" pic. Apparently you may be still comparing yourself to other girls which is why in your second pic you LOOK totally unconfident. Confidence is an ATTITUDE and that can be changed over time. Just keep working at it and REALLY realize that you don't need to compare yourself or others.

IDEA Fitness member

I would agree OP looks happy and confident in the first picture, but in the second, she appears to be concentrating on taking the picture (which wiht a cell phone means you want to make sure have it centered and focused and then hit the right button). I don't think by her tone in her post she's having confidence issues.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and have nothing to be ashamed about! Don't focus on the negative or the small things because 10 years from now, none of that will matter.
  • Kilo321
    Kilo321 Posts: 44
    Options
    Amazing! Like others have said, be proud and keep it up!
  • awak3ned
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I would agree OP looks happy and confident in the first picture, but in the second, she appears to be concentrating on taking the picture (which wiht a cell phone means you want to make sure have it centered and focused and then hit the right button). I don't think by her tone in her post she's having confidence issues.
    "Which means that if I’m strong and determined enough to do this, why can’t I be strong and determined enough to stop feeling so bad about myself to the point where I’m ashamed of posting pictures showing my imperfections?"

This statement led me to believe there's still a comparison and confidence issue still lurking.

IDEA Fitness member
  • withtimecomesmiracles
    Options

"Which means that if I’m strong and determined enough to do this, why can’t I be strong and determined enough to stop feeling so bad about myself to the point where I’m ashamed of posting pictures showing my imperfections?"

This statement led me to believe there's still a comparison and confidence issue still lurking.

Hi,
    First of all thank you for your concern, I think I might be able to clear some stuff up haha

I've always been self conscious, I spent my whole life overweight and I heard pretty much all fat-shaming insults you can think of.
    My mental health sort of took a hit from it. I still have trouble adjusting to the concept that people might actually mean the compliments they gave me, yes. And I do have that side of my brain that can't totally help feeling out of place when surrounded by a room full of skinny girls.

That being said, my confidence is probably 150% what it used to be.
    I can admit thinking I look pretty sometimes, I can have social interactions without being convinced everybody is judging me by my size and I will possibly check me out in a window as I walk by.

The before picture was taken on a tropical beach when I was away on vacation, really positive that it'd be the last I'd ever see of this body. The second one was taken from my phone, in my bathroom, in the first bikini I've ever dared to put on. So yeah, I may have omit to smile, sorry about that.

But I'm still working on myself, I'll probably always will be. Aren't we all? I'm also not as patient and tolerant and outgoing as I would like but that's all part of my personal growth. I'll get there someday, I promise.

Again, thank you though!
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!