BREAD IS BAD!!

Options

Replies

• aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My mama's homemade french bread! It's so crusty and chewy!!! Well that and fresh baked bagels from our local bagel shop! Those things are AWESOME!!
  • karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Italian bread :smile:
  • livingmylegacy
    Options
    Pretzel bread. Oh my goodness, homemade, fresh out of the oven pretzel bread is the bomb-diggity!
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good thing you are just kidding. I was going to blast your post, LOL. Mine is usually whole wheat, but dark pumpernickel or rye is good too. Anything but white bread.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Brown bread with all the seeds on the crust!!!

mmmm...yes the browner the better! I love dense breads with all the fiber and seeds and nuts.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    All bread makes me happy, but cheese bread, toasted with butter, is heaven.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    Right now my favorite is Honey Wheat. I love the light sweet taste it has.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My favorite bread is called crescia. It's a cheese bread from the region of Italy my grandmother's family came from.

Basically, olive oil, eggs, flour, pepper, romano, parmesan, yeast. That's the dough. Then you put it in bread pans, poke holes and put sticks of hard cheese in them so when it bakes, the sticks melt and then harden into the dough. You're supposed to use brique cheese, but I can never find it so I use monterey jack. But any cheese will work, really.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Pumpernickel with spinach dip
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    <
    Bread addict

The only bread I don't like is moldy or stale bread. Not too hot on the 'caraway seed' bread either.
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bread is bad. Bread, pasta and other processed sources of carbohydrates account for much of the obesity problem in the US. I should know. I'm addicted to them. Been hard to cut them out this past year. As a general rule, I don't eat bread, rice or pasta. I do eat some processed carbs a few times a week, but when I do it's generally only a serving at a time. Bread simply isn't worth it for me. I cut myself off cold turkey from it and really don't miss it.

http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction?currentPage=1
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Bread is bad. Bread, pasta and other processed sources of carbohydrates account for much of the obesity problem in the US. I should know. I'm addicted to them. Been hard to cut them out this past year. As a general rule, I don't eat bread, rice or pasta. I do eat some processed carbs a few times a week, but when I do it's generally only a serving at a time. Bread simply isn't worth it for me. I cut myself off cold turkey from it and really don't miss it.

http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction?currentPage=1

Hermione_eye_roll.gif
  • rml_16
    Options

Hermione_eye_roll.gif
    You're saying it wrong. It's pronounced "bread is YUMMY."
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options

HjE07.gif
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Agreed Bread was one of the keys that got me so big, I needed bread with everything I ate, now I try to pretend bread doesn't exist, even 1 slice of wholemeal is about 100 calories.
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Crunchy French Baguettes...orrrrrr honey oat wheat right out of the oven....mmmmmmmmmmmm! Or zucchini bread sans walnuts!

Edited to correct my lovely spelling ;)
  • kyliesmithj
    Options
    bread is not bad why would u say that
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

Agreed Bread was one of the keys that got me so big, I needed bread with everything I ate, now I try to pretend bread doesn't exist, even 1 slice of wholemeal is about 100 calories.
    Food cannot be bad (unless it is spoiled, poisoned, or you are allergic/medically intolerant).

I think we're fortunate in the US in that we have options of thinly-sliced or higher-fiber breads that are lower in calories. Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain bread is 80 calories a slice for a nice portion of hearty, chewy and delicious bread. You can find light breads that run 35-45 calories per (small) slice. And we also have the 100 calorie sandwich rounds, so you can have one half of the bun for 50 calories. That's what I did this morning, with some fat-free pimiento cheese on it. It was tasty.

If you don't learn how to fit things in to your calorie budget, it will be very difficult to find your sustainability. Are you going to forswear bread for the rest of your life?
  • rml_16
    Options

My planned eating today comes to 1,273 calories. If I added a cheese sandwich on two slices of bread and 1.5 oz of cheese with mustard, it would be 1,593 calories. An hour of exercise that burns 400-500 calories and my net would be around 1,100 calories. And you think you can't fit bread into a diet plan?
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

So is the bread bad?

Or is it the excessive consumption of calories from eating so much bread?

Look around on the boards a bit. There are literally dozens of people who have lost significant amounts of weight while eating bread but maintaining a calorie deficit