BREAD IS BAD!!

Options

Replies

• grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Nicaraguan coconut bread, Cuban, French, Italian and sourdough...yep, in that order.
  • chocl8grl
    chocl8grl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Miley-Cyrus-Cant-Stop-bread.gif
  • Cellby
    Cellby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pan de sal is my fave!!!
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    Anything homemade and still warm is the best.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Turkish Pide or Afghan. Sourdough is great too. And I'd have to say brioche, if that's even a bread.
  • jurbi
    jurbi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    alpine valley 9 grain sandwich bread... really good toasted and only has a handful of ingredients that you can actually pronounce.. also just 12 grams of carbs and 65 calories per piece..... i have one with 1/4 mashed avocado and fried egg in the morning... an under 300 calorie breakfast:)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I'm ashamed that I know where this is from.
  • littlemoonsandy
    Options
    I love bread any kind of bread..toasted bread with lotsa yummy butter,,,MMmmMMM good..

Now I only eat bread on occasion with no butter :sad:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Pumpernickel you noobs

MMMM ^^THIS!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Nicaraguan coconut bread
    Must... find... coconut bread!!! Git in mah belleh!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I'm creepy/stalkery glad to see you still on here!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Homemade soft pretzels. (That's a a bread, technically!)

And French bread. Or any bread that's just come out of the oven.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Green bread is bad.

I am a fan of all kinds of bread, which bread usually depends on what I'm eating it with.

That being said, I'm especially a fan of Pumpernickel, Rye Bread, Sour Dough, the Brown Bread that comes in a can and these
    41fMO1sDtKL._SY300_.jpg

They make for awesome slider buns.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My favorite bread is called crescia. It's a cheese bread from the region of Italy my grandmother's family came from.

Basically, olive oil, eggs, flour, pepper, romano, parmesan, yeast. That's the dough. Then you put it in bread pans, poke holes and put sticks of hard cheese in them so when it bakes, the sticks melt and then harden into the dough. You're supposed to use brique cheese, but I can never find it so I use monterey jack. But any cheese will work, really.

Shut right up!! I'm so making this. (quoting to find name of bread later :flowerforyou: )
  • sc193usa
    sc193usa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Anything from Great Harvest Bread Company. I remember getting bread there when I was visiting Montana.

Dear sweet Lord.

Yes! We just got one and I love it! Plus, you get a free slice of anything you want when you walk in the door.....mmmm...free bread is the best bread! Their garlic cheddar is to die for!
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it took until the end of page 5 for someone to mention pretzel bread....so delicious. I also love cinnamon bread, but you can keep those disgusting little bugs (raisins) out of it!
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The one in front of me!
    Bread is a downfall of mine. Eat too much of it.
    I love rye, pumpernickel, whole grains, etc.
    Just dusted off the bread machine this Sunday for a whole nine-grain bread loaf. Going to look for other recipes.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My favorite bread is called crescia. It's a cheese bread from the region of Italy my grandmother's family came from.

Basically, olive oil, eggs, flour, pepper, romano, parmesan, yeast. That's the dough. Then you put it in bread pans, poke holes and put sticks of hard cheese in them so when it bakes, the sticks melt and then harden into the dough. You're supposed to use brique cheese, but I can never find it so I use monterey jack. But any cheese will work, really.

Shut right up!! I'm so making this. (quoting to find name of bread later :flowerforyou: )
    I haven't found any recipes online that are right. Most of them just have the parmesan cheese, which isn't as flavorful.

My advice is a package of yeast and two eggs for each loaf you think you'll end up with (I usually end up with two or three when I make it) and 2/1 ratio of romano cheese to parm. And don't skimp on the pepper. Then you kind of have to taste test as you go to see if it needs more cheese or oil. Since romano has a stronger taste than parmesan, I usually will add some of that. And you can experiment with cheeses like asiago.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    sourdough rye
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I discovered my favourite bread while I was visiting my son in SoCal - Dave's Killer bread - Yummy!! Unfortunately, it's not available in Mississauga, Canada :(

At home I buy a variety of breads and a few of my favourites are Rudolph's Five Grain, Rudolph's Bavarian Multigrain and when I'm in Ottawa there's a bakery on St. Laurent called Bread and Roses that sells a fabulous grainy sourdough (I can never remember the proper name of it!) It's delicious!