What did you sacrifice to get your workouts in?

Options

Replies

• Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have sacrificed sleep, television shows and time with family.
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Absolutely NOTHING. I gained less stress by leaving work 30 min early everyday so I can go to the gym. I gained an hour of me time that I desperately needed so that I can focus on living a long healthy life to take care of my family!
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would have to say spending extra time with my kids, especially now that I am working.

The only time I can get a good workout in is if I am at the gym and they're in the childcare, because I am uninterrupted. If I try to workout at home with them, it's an all out disaster. And doing it before they wake up in the mornings, or after or not an option because of how late I go to bed, thanks to work, and how early I am already getting up with a little one that doesn't sleep. But I make it up to them on the weekends by not going to the gym and finding ways to incorporate a workout with them!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find my socks in my gym bag today. did boot camp anyway. I sacrificed comfort!
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Definitely sleep - up at 5.
    Spending $ - I have invested in personal training sessions for strength training
    Free time in the evenings - not much time between when the kids go to bed and I have to go to bed.

But since I joined my gym - I have never missed a workout!
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sleep. I actually watch more "TV" since I use my tread climber at home and watch Netflix while I walk. Once I lose ~10 more pounds and it gets a bit warmer, I will be sacrificing Netflix for running outside.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The only time I can go to the gym is my lunch breaks, so pretty much my lunch hour.

I stopped going on weekends because that was the only time I had to spend with my kid since I am working almost all of his waking hours. Life's too short to miss out on that. He's 6 and I love hearing him talk, tell stories and cherish every little funny thing that comes out of his mouth.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I just learned to better manage my time.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I don't sacrifice sleep - that's kinda important. So I gave up TV/websurfing time. I spend less time with my SO (he's always on the couch), but he has an open invite to join me anytime. We are developing a fitness disparity that worries me a little, though. (Health/longevity concern, not image concern.)
  • littlesis2
    littlesis2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've sacrificed my night owl ways to get up and go by 5:30am. (I need at least 7 hours of sleep.)

Occasionally, if I do stay up too late, I sacrifice my leisurely lunch hour to go for a run in the office gym and eat at my desk after.

In other words, nothing much.

If it's a priority you will find the time.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Social time, net surfing, couch time and Gilligans Island... I'm so afraid they're never gonna get off that damn island and if they do how will I ever know???
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Goats.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Another one for sleep, but not really. I just go to bed earlier and get up earlier. So, I guess I just sacrificed late nights. :)

Oh, and I'm loving every minute of it!
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sleep!! The only way I can get a workout in most days is to get up and get er' did before work. Which usually means a 4:30am wake-up.

Oh, and TV. I go to bed early to get up at said time and miss a lot of shows. This isn't really a sacrifice though. Turns out you can pretty much live without TV...a lesson I have learned recently.
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed television. And generally just sitting around! Still do quite a lot of that though...
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Goats.

please let this be true, I've always hated goats.

I've sacrificed work... I figure I'm more important than a job I'm only ambivalent about at best - if my boss wanted me to care more, he should pay me more and give a **** about me.

(I'm aware this may be a short-term view :) )
  • spock23
    spock23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed laziness.

^^This...I get up at 3:30am ...work out...get ready, go to work, dinner and family time then go to bed early.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The *kitten* print that used to be on my couch cushion.

:laugh:

I find I get more sleep nowadays, since I have to plan my days carefully. I work full time, have a kid and study for a degree in the evenings. I really don't get a great deal of time for myself, except for when I'm in the swimming pool.