What did you sacrifice to get your workouts in?

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    TV.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This has probably been said a couple of times, but I sacrificed my laziness.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :noway: Sleep
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    :noway: Sleep

You're doing it exactly wrong.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Christine, exactly!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Some MFP time. Lol.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    laziness, facebook games and tv, and did i mention laziness, laziness...:wink:
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    laziness and self pity

I love this answer! Excuses fit in that category too.

My excuse was needing more sleep. Turns out I was wrong.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Nothing really except sitting around and doing nothing for 2 hours. I pack my gym bag the night before and right after work I head straight to the gym to get it done. Afterwards I can go on with my day.
  • MissusMarvel
    MissusMarvel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    TV and some evening time with my family. I'll be so glad if/when my daughter decides she might want to give the gym daycare a try.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Generally sleep and a few after work meetings(very rarely the later), working out is pretty central in my life and my boyfriend's as well so it works out in the end. :)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sleep. I now get up at 3:30 AM and I'm at the gym at 4. It's the only time I could find.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Sitting on my butt during the workweek for breaks and part of lunch
    Having my butt glued to the couch on Saturday and Sunday
    Pretty soon, staying warm (I'm trying to find a way to keep the YMCA membership going once the "free" time runs out at month's end but it doesn't look like it will fit the budget...and so far, I'm not sure I can fit a different athletic membership in either. So I might have to go "old school" and let my workouts consist of outdoor run/walks, up/down our basement stairs, pushups/planking, and situps/crunches. :laugh:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    What did you sacrifice to get your workouts in?

i get up a lot earlier. also, i do a workout right before dinner even though i'm already hungry.

worth it? yeah. every day.
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed comfort - turns out, only working out when you feel like it doesn't end up in very many workouts. And I definitely don't feel like running in the cold dark evenings!

I sacrificed laziness.

I sacrificed (still working on it) self-consciousness! It's hard to get into the free weight section alone.

I sometimes have to sacrifice some "couple time". I'd rather snuggle with hubby when he's home from work, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

I sacrificed finances. I don't typically buy shoes that cost more than $20, and I don't like having to budget for the gym. And hopefully I'll need new workout clothes soon ;)
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I go to bed earlier and get up earlier to allow time before work to exercise. I'm not sure if that constitutes "giving up something". Maybe just a little free time.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I sacrificed laziness.

Where's a "like" button when you need it?
  • Kismet_35
    Kismet_35 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sleep. I get up at 2:15am to work out and got to bed around 8 or 9.
  • dieselgrrrrl
    Options
    Sleep. I work 14 hour days, 5 days a week. The only time I have to work out is at 5:00 a.m., which means the alarm goes off at 4:30.

Also, my Saturday mornings. All of the household chores that I would typically do in the evenings, are now pushed back to Saturday mornings so I can get a little more sleep through the week. I typically get about 6 hours of sleep per night.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    definitely TV. Do not miss it.