Gym Stereotypes

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh i hate this girl. She makes it so much harder than it has to be and her intensity proves she is better than me.

arre-lotte-berk-stereotypes-memes-rateyourburn.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Im the dude that looks like he is trying to eat his own face while lifting weak *kitten* weight.

Face or arm?

skinnynerd1.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm unique and defy all stereotypes. Is there such a thing as a stereotypical eccentric? I might be that....

ah yes, the thinker

topicoftheweek68b.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    The leader of the pack...she can't go anywhere without her posse of p--...nvm.

female-cardio-470x260.jpg
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm that "go hard or go home" chick... Being tough and lifting heavy stuff makes me a boss. Yeah, you're looking.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    The girl who can't seem to go get her workout on alone?

dd823bbe0512b460e880187192711040.jpg

I'm all for working out in tandem couples style but some couples give off a weird vibe where you think he leaves her locked in his car when he's at work. And doesn't even crack open a window. (unfortunately there's no laws for that, only kids and dogs.)

bahahahaha I have seen that **** and it is sad but true....!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    <no idea what I'm doing type. I stay away from the gym and buy what I need for home lol. The gym is intimidating =).
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I am the mirror guy. Full pump is the only time I look like I lift. Gotta enjoy it for the few brief moments that it lasts.

not true. you look like you lift in regular clothes.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Oh i hate this girl. She makes it so much harder than it has to be and her intensity proves she is better than me.

arre-lotte-berk-stereotypes-memes-rateyourburn.png

ROFL I saw the male version at my gym recently....glaring at mirror sayin you don't know who yer f&%^% with! couldn't help but laugh at him
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi Badgerth: based on the type of person I am from the video clip in the original post.

Ah ok...Weepingangel81 confused me a bit...thanks

Wait! Now I'm confused! It wasn't my comment that confused you hahaha

No not your comment...just you
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Serious question... because there is one Hunter / Gatherer, or as I refer to them Hoarders, at every gym. How do y'all deal with that guy? How much bigger than you does he have to be for you to let that happen on the regular?

I wait patiently until they do something like lunges that take them across the room. I then start to unload their power rack.

What amazes me about the hunter gather is their amazing ability to be so rude to everyone in the gym but their almost across the board they shy away from confrontation. You can grap their weights all day and they won't say anything.

It doesn't matter how big he is. What's he gonna do?
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The sweater and screamer. Kinda embarrassing.

ugh I am the same way in bed with the screaming, but have you ever been shushed, more embarrassing I promise

shhh-o.gif
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Let's add a new one. How about "spends a WAY too much time in the locker room" guy?
    books-are-wonderful.jpg
    At my work gym, there's this one dude, probably early-mid 50s, fit and is all about business when working out. Afterwards it's a whole 'nother story. I understand sitting still and cooling down, but must you reside for 30-40 minutes in the locker room reading a newspaper?! I think it's probably innocent, but it has kind of a "creepy solo guy at the pre-school playground" vibe to it. There's a huge break room with scenic views and rocking chairs, etc a few seconds walk from the gym... how about you go relax there first and then come back when you're ready to shower?

P.S. How do I know that he spend 30-40+ min there? I'll come in and take 10-15 min to change and then go for 1-3 stair walks as warmup (40 floor ascent, skyscraper). Each ascent averages 10-12 min (take elevators for descent to save time). I then come back to locker room to swap sweat bands for towel/gloves/towel and he's STILL sitting there!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! This was great! I'm probably an as seen on tv since I do workout programs at home like the beachbody ones. I like the rage monster!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Let's add a new one. How about "spends a WAY too much time in the locker room" guy?
    books-are-wonderful.jpg
    At my work gym, there's this one dude, probably early-mid 50s, fit and is all about business when working out. Afterwards it's a whole 'nother story. I understand sitting still and cooling down, but must you reside for 30-40 minutes in the locker room reading a newspaper?! I think it's probably innocent, but it has kind of a "creepy solo guy at the pre-school playground" vibe to it. There's a huge break room with scenic views and rocking chairs, etc a few seconds walk from the gym... how about you go relax there first and then come back when you're ready to shower?

P.S. How do I know that he spend 30-40+ min there? I'll come in and take 10-15 min to change and then go for 1-3 stair walks as warmup (40 floor ascent, skyscraper). Each ascent averages 10-12 min (take elevators for descent to save time). I then come back to locker room to swap sweat bands for towel/gloves/towel and he's STILL sitting there!

Oh that's where I draw the line. The day I find a man pretending to read in my locker room, I'm out, O-U-T OUT!
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ah yes, the thinker

topicoftheweek68b.jpg

^^^ This for about 30 seconds before my third set at maximum weight.

34277608.png
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Serious question... because there is one Hunter / Gatherer, or as I refer to them Hoarders, at every gym. How do y'all deal with that guy? How much bigger than you does he have to be for you to let that happen on the regular?

I wait patiently until they do something like lunges that take them across the room. I then start to unload their power rack.

What amazes me about the hunter gather is their amazing ability to be so rude to everyone in the gym but their almost across the board they shy away from confrontation. You can grap their weights all day and they won't say anything.

It doesn't matter how big he is. What's he gonna do?
    That's been exactly my experience. I'm usually ok with someone supersetting with a squat rack and something else. Squat racks, ( I think that's what you mean by power rack ), are tough to come by in any gym. I get people sort of camping out there. I'm fine with supersetting but if you're gonna stand around and chat we've got a problem. And you are right, they are seldom confrontational. The closest I ever came to a physical altercation was with some douche nozzle doing a circuit. First, if you want to do circuits go to a gym that is based around circuits where everyone is doing circuits. But this guy, I guess it was my lucky day because every damned time I tried to do anything he was standing right behind me, running in place, waiting to work in. Lat Pull Downs? Oh, he needed to do those right away! And he would stand literally right behind me, running in place, and panting into the back of my head. Then, as soon as my set would finish.. I mean that very second... he would reach for the bar and start trying to wedge his body in front of mine saying "Oh I just need one real quick set. Circuit! Circuit Training Here!". He did that to me twice on Lat Pull Downs within the span of maybe three minutes. The third time was on a pull up bar. Ever tried to do pull ups with some *kitten* hat jogging in place right in front of you, glancing furtively back and forth between your face and your hands so he can judge the precise microsecond that you release your grip? I lost it. I dropped down from the bar, he started his "Circuit! Circuit Training!" as he tried to wedge in front of me to grab the bar. Instead of politely getting out of his way I just said, very loudly, "Oh would you just **** off already!". That became a big debate over his "right to do HIS training HIS way". It got heated enough that a few other guys decided to get in between us and try to calm things down. I'm not a violent person. I try not to be confrontational. I'm actually very shy. But I have my limits.
  • OatFloats
    OatFloats Posts: 119
    Options
    I was forced to do circuit training and speed walking for 1 uni credit. It is nicer in a group of 20. Otherwise, I imagine one would look a bit silly. :)

I am the gallon of water gal, the elliptical sprinter gal, and the ocd locker room takes-my-time gal.
  • lilndnfeather22
    lilndnfeather22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think they neglected my type. I'm the anti-social guy who pretends he doesn't see / hear anyone who tries to talk to him even though I am not wearing headphones. I go to the gym 5 nights per week, always from around midnight til 2am. There are always the same dozen or so people in there. They have all become friends and chat quite often. They try to start conversations with me but I just can't be social when I'm working out. It's not in my DNA. After the workout is fine, but I'm usually the last one out of there. They must think I'm a complete prick.

This is me too except I wear headphones and people still try to talk to me. I just point at my headphones and get back to what I'm doing.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I think they neglected my type. I'm the anti-social guy who pretends he doesn't see / hear anyone

I'm anti-social as well, but no one tries to talk to me. That's a good thing since I don't understand anyone there... I don't speak Russian, and from what I've gathered trying to ask people simple questions like, "are you finished?", no one there speaks English. I'm perfectly fine with this, though :) I do what I need to do and leave.