I'm going to get crucified for this BUT

Options
I'm looking for an effective "crash" routine to shift 6kg in as close to two weeks as poss!

Like many people I binged over Xmas
Putting on 6kg!!!!!!! :(
While I'm at uni, I eat very well and go to the gym at least 4 times a week consistently. But going home for a month for Xmas, where there isn't a gym and I could only run on the roads (which I did) and my mum isn't inboard with the "clean" eating thing and while in under her roof it causes too many arguments, has done me over.

I've got an important event in two weeks and my dress I bought before Xmas doesn't fit right now!

As a disclaimer (for anybody who cares to know) I'm under no illusion that this will benefit me in the long term. I'm very happy with my regular healthy living routine, just interested if anyone can help me get over this speed bump and back to where I'd worked months to be!

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Get back on track with logging, keeping a calorie deficit, and exercising. And go buy a bigger dress.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is probably water weight. I'd go low carb for a week and get back to your regular habits.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Are you Jesus?
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You know there were gobs of other people who were crucified other than Jesus.. right? For "crimes" I use the term loosely.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Put yourself in to a coma and have them tube feed you.
    Seriously, how much in how short of time? Be safe!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    No way you actually gained over 13 pounds in one month. You are saying you overate 46,270 calories in addition to your regular intake. You're tiny. Not buying it. I smell troll....

ETA: corrected kg to lbs calc...
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Eat less move more, drink plenty of water for general weight loss over a period of time, anything else sorry.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I started MFP on 12/26 and haven't been terribly strict and as of today (3 weeks) the 10 pounds is gone. I'm baffled at how fast it came off, so I can only assume it was a lot of bloat. Yours probably is too. Just get back to routine, drink a lot of water, and don't worry too much.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Oh my - that's like a pound a day....

I'd drink a ton of water, only eat nutrient dense foods and watch my calories without eating too little. I'd also work out extra.

I would also buy a corset to suck me in lol

or... let the dress out?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Go to the store and buy a larger dress.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for an effective "crash" routine to shift 6kg in as close to two weeks as poss!

Like many people I binged over Xmas
    Putting on 6kg!!!!!!! :(
    While I'm at uni, I eat very well and go to the gym at least 4 times a week consistently. But going home for a month for Xmas, where there isn't a gym and I could only run on the roads (which I did) and my mum isn't inboard with the "clean" eating thing and while in under her roof it causes too many arguments, has done me over.

I've got an important event in two weeks and my dress I bought before Xmas doesn't fit right now!

As a disclaimer (for anybody who cares to know) I'm under no illusion that this will benefit me in the long term. I'm very happy with my regular healthy living routine, just interested if anyone can help me get over this speed bump and back to where I'd worked months to be!

Anything that could possibly be suggested that would actually be effective is a straight-up violation of the MFP rules.

What you are asking for is not possibly in any way that is remotely healthy.

If you want to take up anorexia, do it on your own without the use of the MFP forums.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I bet a good portion is water weight.

Drink lots of water, hit the gym, get back to logging....and in the meantime....find an alternate dress in the event you can't fit into the other dress. :)

Seriously though look @ it as a learning experience on how to deal with tempting food situations. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you could give things like weighted complexes a try if it's just a matter of losing a size 2 weeks:

this

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/screw_cardio_four_complexes_for_a_shredded_physique

or

http://my.menshealth.com/workout/The-Spartacus-Workout-2.0

combined with eating at a deficit (but not a crazy one) then you might drop enough to fit back in to your dress. but just in case, i would suggest buying a new dress just in case
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    6 kg is 12 pounds. You can not drop 12 pounds in 2 weeks unless you do something criminally bad to your body.

I agree with the person who suggested to buy a bigger dress. I am looking to lose 4 pounds and I know that it is going to take me 2 months to do it.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You want to lose ~13 pounds in two weeks and you want our suggestions to promote this unhealthy plan? In a word, no. In more words, it's against the community standards and rules to encourage this.

What's the time crunch? Lose the holiday weight gain like everyone else by logging your food.

You know we're not going to help you do it, but you ask anyways. You already know that it needs to be done, if that's what you want to do. Large calorie deficit.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    6 kg is 12 pounds. You can not drop 12 pounds in 2 weeks unless you do something criminally bad to your body.

I agree with the person who suggested to buy a bigger dress. I am looking to lose 4 pounds and I know that it is going to take me 2 months to do it.

Similarly, it would be very hard to put on 12 pounds, as an already thin person, in a month.

When was the last time you weighed yourself, OP? Much of that could be water... water which could be affecting your dress.

Drink lots of water, watch your carbs and sodium, eat a moderate deficit, and don't starve yourself.

If all else fails: Spanx.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    No way you actually gained over 13 pounds in one month. You are saying you overate 46,270 calories in addition to your regular intake. You're tiny. Not buying it. I smell troll....

ETA: corrected kg to lbs calc...

Not troll, just someone who doesn't have the slightest comprehension of water weight, bloating, or female weight fluctuations.
  • JustinCatan
    JustinCatan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs (4.5 KG) in 5 days by eating 3 hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, drinking a gallon of distilled water throughout the day, eating apples, bananas, strawberries between lunch and dinner, which was grilled organic chicken, teaspoon olive oil and some bell peppers, snap peas and green beans. Granted I am 238 lbs lol!

I think the key to the weight loss was that I hardly ate any sodium and drank a lot of water, causing an adjustment where my body flushed excess salt and water deposits.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Similarly, it would be very hard to put on 12 pounds, as an already thin person, in a month.

When was the last time you weighed yourself, OP? Much of that could be water... water which could be affecting your dress.

Drink lots of water, watch your carbs and sodium, eat a moderate deficit, and don't starve yourself.

If all else fails: Spanx.

Exactly this.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Most of what you gained in that period is water weight with a bit from fat. Just eat at a moderate deficit, with low-carb and sodium, and drink a lot of water. You can lose a few lbs of water weight this way, which will return when eating normally again.