BREAD IS BAD!!

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    back on topic I love all the bread.s..

but I really love a crusty Italian Baguette with some homemade marinara and linguine….or linguine with white clam sauce and nice crusty bread…..

. . . well I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow.

the marinara or the white clam sauce? Or you can do red clam sauce….
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    love all bread!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bread is bad. Bread, pasta and other processed sources of carbohydrates account for much of the obesity problem in the US. I should know. I'm addicted to them. Been hard to cut them out this past year. As a general rule, I don't eat bread, rice or pasta. I do eat some processed carbs a few times a week, but when I do it's generally only a serving at a time. Bread simply isn't worth it for me. I cut myself off cold turkey from it and really don't miss it.

http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction?currentPage=1

Agreed. Unfortunately other people are going to try and tell you otherwise.

Look, if your only sources are debunked alarmist "documentaries" it's really time to do some more research and reconsider your position. Consider the possibility that you've been sold a bill of goods by biased sources and do a little critical reasoning and reading.

And what about the governments, huh? What about the medical world? Are they all innocent too? There is a reason people are fat, sick and depressed. God forbid if other people have a different opinion. Geez.

Wait.

Are you suggesting it's the governments fault that people are fat?
    Not our own?

Can you not see the conspiracy? The government doesn't give a **** about us at the end of the day. Especially the medical part of it, a pill for everything and yet there is people who suffer long time illnesses that are on medications and then there is all the side affects along with it!

Why should the government give a *kitten* about us?

We are responsible for OURSELVES.

Right, so we are in control of overpriced produce, are we? Well, at least in my town or my country.

I grow a lot of my own produce...You should try it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBroNIjQwTZXQ2SV5LqPXa_-vYTX_dSK0JBc7LDaj4aLDygUTKLPpRrrs

My favorite bread is all bread. I especially like bread that's super crusty on the outside but warm and fluffy on the inside.
  • courtkizer
    courtkizer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Naan is amazing bread. If your on low calorie diet, you feel a lot fuller each day if you use up your bread calories on tuna instead. I used to eat tuna salad sandwiches. Now I eat tuna salad with saltine crackers.

You know the rest of the world calls American bread "cake". They can't believe how sugary and "gross" it is. Try sourdough or other "fresh" made breads and you'll soon learn to hate the American loaf bread. It taste like cake to me now, which is a good thing because not eating it makes my dieting easier anyway :-)

RULES:
    Eat as much bread as you like as long as you stick to your daily calories. Who cares what anybody says. HOWEVER, I'll tell you if you waste calories on bread you'll probably be hungry at the end of the day. But if you have the willpower you can diet on any foods as long as you don't cheat.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Challah in all its eggy goodness, but I no longer eat any bread, it is a Kryptonite food for me.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    back on topic I love all the bread.s..

but I really love a crusty Italian Baguette with some homemade marinara and linguine….or linguine with white clam sauce and nice crusty bread…..

. . . well I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow.

the marinara or the white clam sauce? Or you can do red clam sauce….

Marinara I think.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Any kind - warm out of the oven with a bit (or a lot) of real butter :)
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    French bread FTW! Pumpkin, cinnamon raisin, and focaccia bread are all amazing though too!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Naan is amazing bread. If your on low calorie diet, you feel a lot fuller each day if you use up your bread calories on tuna instead. I used to eat tuna salad sandwiches. Now I eat tuna salad with saltine crackers.

You know the rest of the world calls American bread "cake". They can't believe how sugary and "gross" it is. Try sourdough or other "fresh" made breads and you'll soon learn to hate the American loaf bread. It taste like cake to me now, which is a good thing because not eating it makes my dieting easier anyway :-)

RULES:
    Eat as much bread as you like as long as you stick to your daily calories. Who cares what anybody says. HOWEVER, I'll tell you if you waste calories on bread you'll probably be hungry at the end of the day. But if you have the willpower you can diet on any foods as long as you don't cheat.

So what do they call American cake?

Also I find bread pretty filling. I do toast and bacon as my go to breakfast a few days a week. I'm a snowflake.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

RULES:

So what do they call American cake?

Also I find bread pretty filling. I do toast and bacon as my go to breakfast a few days a week. I'm a snowflake.

I get a lot fuller on bread than I do veggies, or even protein really.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Bread is crack! Really, really, good crack. A warm baguette is even better crack. Especially with good butter.

On the other hand, I also love toast and bacon with peanut butter for breakfast.
  • charmedp326
    Options
    I could live off Monterey Jack Bread and Italian Herbs and Cheese Bread from Subway. Nom.
  • AndyN87
    AndyN87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sticking with Subway, that 9 grain honey oat. Man, I could eat that with about anything.
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Warm fry bread with butter, suger and cinnamon! Yummiest
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sticking with Subway, that 9 grain honey oat. Man, I could eat that with about anything.

^^ This. :smile:
  • estorve
    estorve Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Brioche. I work in a bakery, it's incredibly hard to not eat all the samples they want us to try every day as they experiment.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten/wheat intolerant (or possibly more just wheat) but sometimes I throw caution to the wind and indulge in a delicious sourdough. My homemade spelt soda loaf is also pretty amazing. With bacon, cheese and some chutney. Mmmmmn. Seriously, if someone could go ahead and create gluten/wheat free bread (in the UK) that DOESNT do this when I eat it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SaUOsyJFLk

That would be amazing thank you please.

How can you 'indulge' in bread if you are gluten intolerant?

Probably in the same way I'll indulge in ice cream though I'm lactose intolerant.

Suffering the consequences.

I do remember hearing that there are different levels of intolerance in different people. I'm both gluten and dairy intolerant, and there is no level of "suffering the consequences" for me. If I consume any, I am condemned to days of suffering in a little curled up ball of pain. ( I also have IBD so trigger foods will make me suffer longer than the food is actually in my system). Jealous of those who can do it.

Oh, trust me, that's how I end up, and I'm sure the person in question does, too.

But sometimes, that frozen custard is just too.good.

:blushing: Shamefully yes, I 'suffer the consequences'. I have IBS, not coeliac, so I accept that I'm going to feel pretty rubbish, and spend a large amount of time in my bathroom whimpering.

A friend however posted this a couple of days ago
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1932817/

I live in hope.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Any bread fresh out of the oven with some butter!! My favorites are rye or cinnamon braided bread YUM
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    They affect the chemical receptors in the brain the same way that cocaine does.

Yeah, Im pretty sure that this is NOT true.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Fresh rosemary bread with fresh ground pepper, good olive oil and just a touch of balsamic vinegar. Goes great with my Beautiful Wife's Gouda cheese and beef lasagna and a bottle of Tempranillo. I Love Bulking season!!