Who Eats Theyre Exercise Calories?

Options

Replies

• LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I eat back 50-75% of my exercise calories...sometimes all of them if I'm super hungry.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time finding all this "rudeness"....am I reading the same thread?
    :drinker:
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I followed the MyFitnessPal plan. Ate my exercise calories back ( I personally found it encouraged me to exercise knowing I was working towards an extra snack), lost the weight as predicted by MFP and have since been in maintenance mode for the last 2 years. Still logging, still exercising, still eating my calories.

I use the values that MFP suggest for my exercises. I did check with an HRM and it was so close usually MFP was a bit less, but then I do have a very high heart rate while exercising).
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to this (just started with this app and a new workout and eating plan) but I have decided to try and eat all meals under my given calories and my night time snack can dip into my workout calories. I have found that taking non-fat vanilla greek yogurt, placing it in the freezer for a bit and topping with a frozen berry medley along with a few almond slices and two little squares of dark chocolate is the perfect way to end my day. I get the sweet and chocolate I am craving with the protein of greek yogurt and almonds post-workout.

Hope that helps a bit!

That sounds delicious!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    every. single. one.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time finding all this "rudeness"....am I reading the same thread?
    Isn't it great how the only "rude" people I've found in this thread are the ones complaining about others being rude?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Should you or shouldn't you?

Who eats they're exercise calories and what are your weight loss results?

Thanks x

After the eye twitching settled..

It depends on how you are calculating your caloric needs. If you are using TDEE, you shouldn't. If you are basing off BMR, you should.
  • oboeadam
    oboeadam Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on the circumstances that day and what my body is telling me (which I think is most important). I'm not going to eat food simply because I may have had a large burn at the gym to eat back all of my calories if I'm full, but I also am cognizent of the fact that I have extra calories to use if I am hungry that day and by all means will use up some (or all) of my calories burned at the gym if that's what my body needs. Do I think it's a good idea to never eat back a single calorie that you burned at the gym? No, but I also think that making sure you eat ever single calorie you ever burn just because they are there (even if you are completely satisfied without them) isn't the best idea either. If you listen to your body and give it the fuel it needs, I think it will balance out and you'll continue to see success.

Keep in mind though, that this is just my personal opinion based on what works for ME - and I think that's the takeaway here. You're going to hear a lot of different things from different people, and a lot of them will state things as a matter of fact - but the real matter of fact is that different things work for different people. There is no single plan or methodology that will be 100% for everybody. What may be a successful method for me may cause someone else to fail, so don't take people's blunt opinions to heart - if you can find what works for you, that is what matters. Good luck!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    www.shouldIeatmyexercisecalories.com
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you need to have a negative balance between the calories you introduce and the calories you burn.
    You either introduce (eat) less calories, or consume more (increasing your activity level), or a bit of both.
    A deficit of 500 cal/die will make you lose 0.5 kg (1 lb) a week. How you achieve that deficit doesn't matter. However a bit of exercise will allow you to eat more and has loads of health benefits too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Dang it, you beat me to it! :flowerforyou:

Whoever is running that site needs to add this. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/818082-exercise-calories-again-wtf
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes but not all of them because im sure mfp overestimates!
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't eat back exercise calories. But what I wanted to say is that some people on these message boards are bitter, angry and mean no matter how much they weigh or how fit they are. And to me, that is unhealthy. It is unkind to nit-pick spelling or grammar when a person is asking for help or advice because it ignores their request, and instead focuses on the only thing they can be mean about- a spelling/grammar error. I wish you the best. Ignore the haters. :flowerforyou:
  • gameovergt
    Options
    I do. I try to cater my calories to almost zero remaining everyday!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there will be a separate mean people thread?
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The girl gets flack for posting a question that already exists on forums, yet we have multitudes of idiot posts like "would you date the poster above you?" and "Drop a letter, add a letter!" and "Like, is my boyfriend cheating on me or whatever? What do you think?"

come on.

Excellent!!!
  • melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i'm really glad I read this post for 2 reasons:

#1: I noticed some people were so focused on correcting her grammar and being a smart *kitten* to other posters no one is really focusing on the questioned being asked!!!! :ohwell: ...

This! The grammar police need to tone it down a notch and just stick to the matter of the post which is if she should be eating back her exercise calories! :)

I normally try to eat my exercise calories back! I try to net to my goal intake! :) Hope this helps!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    1patientbear are you really always this grouchy or just having a off day ?

How was that grouchy?? I just gave you an honest suggestion as to where to find multiple answers to your question.

You are RUDE. This is supposed to be a place for encouragement- not for belittling and sarcasm.

How is showing someone where to find the search button RUDE? I WAS trying to encourage her by helping her find a place where answers to her questions exist. Good grief people. Overreact much??
    1patientbear, I didn't read your post as rude at all. Can't say as much for the OP and then EuropanMermaid (strong first post BTW)

To OP, I ate back all my exercise calories until I lost enough to be in just the "overweight" BMI range. Now I eat back half. It's working for me, but you'll probably need to experiment to find out what works for you.