So what do you add to your Oatmeal...

Options

Replies

• cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I cook my oatmeal with vanilla almond milk then add cut up strawberries, blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon! Super yum!
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I add whatever is lying around. This week it's leftover cranberry sauce from Christmas and walnuts. Sometimes it's pecans and raisins. Sometimes blueberries and almonds.
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This morning I added pumpkin puree, pecans, chia seeds, and pumpkin pie spice - it was super yummy!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    pretty simple, just looking for some new ideas. i use the quaker 1 minute oats and add 2 tbsp of pb2 chocolate, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and a couple packs of that aspartame just because it can kill me, lol...... livin life on the edge, lol

Chopped nuts and chocolate drops!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    1/4 c of pure pumpkin (canned)
    tsp of honey
    dash of cinnamon
    small handful of pecans

mmmmmmm, pumpkin pie!!!
  • tkdgirlms
    Options
    brown sugar or yogurt
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    20 g sultanas, 20g dried berries (blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, physalis) and 1tbsp chia seeds
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I love to cook up some steel cut oats and add a couple teaspoons of demerara sugar and a couple dashes of cinnamon. Yummm....
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    just one square of very dark chocolate, melted & mixed. it's da bomb.
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Banana, cinnamon sugar, and chia seeds!
  • kld1204
    Options
    Sliced banana
  • Gingerbearman
    Options
    I use the "instant" stuff (Quaker, store brand, whatever) and will usually start with one pack of the "regular" (nothing added) and add in a pack of some kind of flavored. But I will often add some non-dairy creamer (sugar-free & flavored) - like vanilla caramel, hazelnut, whatever. And often for that touch of sweet - some smucker's sugar-free breakfast syrup (or store brand sugar-free maple syrup)... Or sometimes use pumplin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) or just cinnamon...
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I make mine with 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats + 1 cup unsweetened almond milk + cinnamon. Then I add 2 tsp. almond or peanut butter OR 15 stevia-sweetened chocolate chips and fresh fruit, such as a banana or strawberries. Sometimes I'll also throw in some dried fruits, nuts, and/or seeds.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Not much of a sweet person - chicken or pork - bouillon, nuke it 1 minute and bam - savory oatmeal for you there!

i like the sound of that. gonna have to try it out.
    i also add oatmeal to my protein with frozen berries and just enough water or almond milk to make a pudding like consistency
  • KajunQtie
    Options
    I add a dot of honey and a very small dash of cinnamon. I am new to the oatmeal thing and just can't stomach it yet PLAIN lol
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm eating 39g (dry) of quick oatmeal with diced apple, cinnamon, ginger and ground clove with 1/2 c whole milk and 1/2 c water. It tastes like apple pie. :love:

ETA: and 8g of white sugar. . . because it's damn delicious!
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of Nesquik powder to plain flax oatmeal. Mix it all up while it's dry, add banana after it's soaked up the water. Delicious contradiction...
  • MommaSherryB
    MommaSherryB Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try steel cut oats....great texture. Add in Stevia, cinnamin, ground flax and strawberries (frozen no sugar added thawed out)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I make one cup of Old Fashioned Quaker Oats in two cups of water. Then add 1 or 2 soft boiled eggs after it is cooked. And sometimes it is just plain old oatmeal with nothing else.

I gotta think about trying this...not sure how the flavors would meld though *thinking face*
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite Oatmeal add ins:

Yogurt, raspberries, and a sprinkle of slivered almonds.
    Pumpkin puree, raisins and pumpkin pie spice.
    Applesauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins and a little banana.

Don't forget about overnight oat recipes either! I think that gives oatmeal a while different taste. And Happy Herbivore has a great oatmeal pancake recipe, check it out!