Friends in their 40's

14567810»

Replies

• texerus
    texerus Posts: 62 Member
    I’m recently 42 in also in for anyone to be friends with. I've been here since August 2013 and it has helped me get in better shape, loose a few, and especially in improving my fitness scores to well above passing in the Army National Guard with Army physical fitness standards. Although I do read a lot of interesting fitness ideas, my main focus has been on my core fitness principals of calisthenics. I’m always open to new ways of training
  • angash1966
    angash1966 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi my name is Angela and i just turned 48 this month. I have been using MFP since May 2013 in the begining I was 210 and eating only 1200 calories a day working out with wii and walking. I lost 30lbs in 3months. I stop losing and asked for help and someone told me to eat more. Then the holidays came so i ate more and gained 7lbs and now i am back on MPF and trying to lose more. My goal was and is to weigh 150 that is a total of 60 lbs. to lose in all. I have about 35 lbs. to go to reach my goal. I find it much harder to get remotivated than when i first started.Anyone have any suggestions.
  • I am 46 and have 50lbs to lose. Feel free to add me:)
  • I, too, need and crave friends on this lifelong journey.
  • nenaschei
    nenaschei Posts: 4 Member
    Very true!
  • harvestlover
    harvestlover Posts: 5 Member
    Good morning, I get so bored logging my food, any suggestions?:smile:
  • tjfrisque
    tjfrisque Posts: 267 Member
    Not in Bloomington but freezing my butt off with you here in Wisconsin! Add me if you'd like. I'm committed and would love the competition. I started yesterday.

I'm freezing in WI too
    Me too! I'm 46 and tried for the first time ever to lose weight last year. I dropped all but 9 and then went back to my old lifestyle and gained it all back plus ten. Please add me. Would love to have some ppl in my age group as friiends.
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Hi;) feel free to add me. I just turned 46.
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi there! I'm 45 and have lost 51 pounds so far with 20 to go. I'll send you a friend request. We can do this! :)
  • sniffy611
    sniffy611 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a little late to the party - but here I am!

I am finding losing anything is so hard now in my 40s! I came off of zoloft in August because of weight gain, and I can't get the weight off now. I have never ever been any weight other than 135 for decades, and then when I went on zoloft, I gained 25 pounds.

If anyone has any tips for losing weight after an Rx, I'm all ears!

good to see this group
  • ladywizard43
    ladywizard43 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, I'm Rhonda, 42, and am always looking for new friends to give and receive support! Anyone is welcome to add me! :)
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Two months of my 30s left. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • Looking for friends for encouragement...I'm gonna need it!!!
  • Hi All :) I just joined yesterday but have been following this site for months now. I'm 44 feel free to add me :)
  • I'm turning 40 and I've got a mountain to climb. Safety in numbers I've always been told!

Always nice to meet new friends. Feel free to add me!
  • maralynn730
    maralynn730 Posts: 4 Member
    I just came back to this site. I'm 43 and would love to lose 25 pounds. The weight has come on quickly but so hard to get off. It's frustrating.
  • missg47
    missg47 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 47 and in the same boat as so many on this thread. Trying to lose 30 lbs but the metabolism has definitely slowed down over the years. I am committed to staying on track. Feel free to add me. I'll do what I can to offer support and motivation. Good luck everybody!
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Hi everyone! 41 here, will be 42 in July. Started MFP last Feb. I have lost 42 lbs on here through daily exercise (6 days a week on avg) and watching what I eat, most of the time. Total lbs lost almost 60 since I lost another 10-15 lbs prior to joining here from last fall/winter. Please feel free to add me WITH a MESSAGE as to why you'd like to be friends. Thanks and GL to ya'll.

C
  • Hi! My name is Sabrina. I am 38 years old. It is already difficult for me to lose weight. For 2013 I was only able to lose 21 pounds. I am not complaining because that is better than gaining another 10! I wish you the best for your goals for 2014.
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    yes I will be 47 this year and I agree, more exercise is the key. I tried all kinds of diets and nothing works as well without lots of exercise with those diets